• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
And with that last quarter update this AAR is officially finished!

I'd like to thank everyone for reading my AAR, I hope you've enjoyed it! And special thanks to all the commenters, you've assured me that there still are some readers!

It's been quite the journey, I tell you! When I, rather spontaneously, just started this writing project I did not think it'd take this long to finish. (I was uncertain if I would even finish this at all, for I am good at leaving things undone.) My original plan was to reach 1453 ages ago, but lack of time/motivation occasionally hit me, and hard. I think this AAR progressed too slowly, quite the miracle that some of you fellows had the patience to follow this till the very end.

Even though I have at times thought about exporting this world to EU4 and continuing the story there, I have decided to not do it. The world's a bit too repulsive when it comes to borders and cultures and I want a different scenario for my next AAR. I reckon that if when I start a new AAR, it will be shorter - or it will advance faster in-game (perhaps even span more than one PDX game?). That way it will stay interesting for me (and hopefully for you, the reader) and I will write it faster. Additionally, I am certain that my next AAR will be very different to this one. I want to try different AAR genres, play styles, PDX games et cetera. And lastly, I shall plan my next AAR more before starting and preferably play during an era and as a country I know, at least to some degree. Eg if I wrote about Sweden or Finland, I'd know better what is realistic and even give information outside of what the games offer.

If you have any interesting AAR ideas, go ahead and voice them.

By the way, I have not updated Crusader Kings II in over a year. Time to go download latest patch and buy Holy Fury (Jade Dragon I have already bought, not played though). I wonder if I will even recognise the game, no idea how much it has changed in the past dozen months. During this AAR I realised that I must change few game rules: revolts are pathetic, de jure drift should be restricted and culture conversation is ridiculously fast (for example the Italian culture has basically died out in this AAR - also the reason why I have not shown the culture map mode at any time). Oh, and finally the bordergore will not be as bad it used to be!

This "last thoughts" text or whatever this should be called was a bit formless, I admit.

And great to see it all concluded. I have very much enjoyed this, as I said.

As for last thoughts, I think there are perfectly and quite valid. I have to say the bit of Holy Fury release I would most excited about was Exclave Independence. Not that I have played around much in it yet, admittedly.

It's over. :eek: Thanks for giving us a most enjoyable ride, I know I haven't been too active in my commenting and often having several updates to chew through at a time. But it was fun! :)

And great to see it all concluded. I have very much enjoyed this, as I said.

As for last thoughts, I think there are perfectly and quite valid. I have to say the bit of Holy Fury release I would most excited about was Exclave Independence. Not that I have played around much in it yet, admittedly.
Thanks once last time for sticking around!

I've got to agree with you, the exclave independence feature is something I've been really looking forward to, especially because of this AAR. Though thus far, playing as Canarias in 769, it hasn't affected me yet.

Yes, Exclave rules would clean that map :p
Congratulations on conclusion, and good luck with the new projects! I'll be looking forward to them.
It would, Paradox should've created that feature before I started this AAR!

And thank you!

It's over. :eek: Thanks for giving us a most enjoyable ride, I know I haven't been too active in my commenting and often having several updates to chew through at a time. But it was fun! :)
Over, at long last. Glad to hear you've enjoyed the AAR! And thanks for commenting (and it's not like I've been too active either :D).