• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bran

Lord Commander
Feb 14, 2012
As you can see, I will write this AAR, and I hope you will like it and read. I got inspired by Me, Floris, one of best AARs I ever read. I know many others like that aar, and I hope you will like mine too.

INTRODUCTION

Born to a rich and noble man in january 10th 1234, I spent my childhood learning many things. Firstly, my father wanted me to become a politician, but no, I could never do a boring job like that. ''NO!'', I said him, and refused to learn anything. I was interesed in battles and wars. At my fifth birthday, father sent me to local Lord and I started growing up as a page. I became pretty good at swordsmanship, as I almost killed another noble boy. Of course I was punished, but that could only make me stronger. Finally when I reached sixteen, I finally became a knight, serving my liege in many battles. I was fighting alongside my father of course. But one day Duke Ryonios IV, I could never forget that face, besieged my father's castle. Of course, my father defeated his troops easily, but then Ryonios' remaining army came to help him. He breached in the palace and killed my parents. Somehow, I managed to escape and hide myself in nearby forest.

After being forced out of home, I continued to live as a homeless beggar in a nearby town. One day, I decided to end this. I became a robber. Firstly, I was only robbing passing travelers, but then I was killing them. After several months of robbing, I became a bit rich, and more rich as a participated a tournament. After I won a tournament, my only reward was not only prestige and gold, but also a night spent with a lady. When her husband caught me in bed with her, he tried to kill me, but before he did that I killed him. Guards were chasing me through whole city. I hid myself in one ship, but before I realised, ship was moving. I went out on deck and asked captain what our destination is. He said to me it's a land by name Calradia

Chapter I: ''Warm welcome''
March 24th- March 25th 1257

I arrived at town named Reyvadin in evening. I still had few coins in my purse. I rent a room on second floor of most famous inn of Reyvadin. I hadnightmares about my past life, and I awake in pool of sweat. I rushed outside the inn. Sadness took me over and I started crying, when I heard something. I heard metal, a sword pulling out from a scabbard. Immedietly I turned around and take defence position. Strange man fired an arrow at me. First arrow missed me, but other hit me in chest. I barely stood on my legs and used all of my remaining strenght to pierce man through heart. His body fell on ground, as well as mine.
0U1oC.jpg

DIE SCUM!!!

When I woke up, I was in strange house. Arrow was no more in my chest, instead my chest was wrapped in a bandage. I managed to stand up, when a strange man entered the room. ’’Who are you’’, I said. He answered me he is just an ordinary merchant, searching for men to try and rescue his brother. He saw how I fought stranger that attacked me, and offered me to gather some men and rescue his brother. I couldn’t refuse, because he saved my life. Rescuing his brother is at least I can do. I accepted.
-----

He gave me 300 denars so I could gather some farmers. I left Reyvadin in searching for villages. I arrived in one named Ayyike, and somehow persuaded some farmers to fight for me. Ten denars for each of them made them wanting to join my small band. My next destination was village Tebandra, where 5 farmers joined me. After gathering totally eight farmers, I returned to Reyvadin and reported merchant about my small band. Then, he gave me another task. A band of robbers awaiting a ransom for merchant’s brother, were just outside od Reyvadin walls. I left town again in search of bandits. My men and I effortlessly defeated robbers. One who survived told me their hideout, as well as merchant’s brother is near village of Ulburban which was not far away from Reyvadin. I returned to Reyvadin and after reporting to merchant about my success, I learnt that tournament was being held. I participated in it, but unfortunately I was knocked out in the first round and many of other participants attacked me while I was alone. Nevermind about loss, many tournaments will be held in nearest future again. Thing I need to do now i to concentrate on defeating bandits and rescuing young man. In dawn of March 24th I attacked bandits. Unfortunately, our numbers are overwhelmed, but many have fallen before me.
k8QE6.jpg

Battle at hideout
-----

Author's notes:

Well, this is whole chapter 1 and I hope you like it.

Last edited:
Chapter II: ''Bounty Hunter''

After saving merchant’s brother, I had a lot of free time. First, a spent a night in Reyvadin healing my wounds. Wounds on my body were deep. It did hurt a lot. Because of that I couldn’t sleep, so I rode out of Reywadin when I encountered King Yarolgek, ruler of Kingdom of Vaegirs. That was a great opportunity to put myself into good light. I could remember some things nobles did to get auidence with kings and lords. That’s why I was able to get to King and talk to him a bit. We were talking about Calradia. It had six kingdoms. That were Kingdom of Nords, Swadia, Rhodoks, Sultanute of Sarranids, Kheright Khanate and Kingdom of Vaegirs of course. After a little talk, Yarolgek asked me for a favor. He wanted me to find and kill a lawless villain by the name of Daynad of Halmar. Also he told me he is last seen in Sambuja. I accepted and first went to Reyvadin to sell items I found at bandit’s hideout.

While I was walking the streets, two well armed man tried to rob me and kill me, but I killed them effortlessly. My next destination was Sambuja. In the noon of march 25th I went to village Sambuja and started searching for an outlaw. I asked villagers, but no one knew. Not too far from the village, I saw a man carrying a sword. I encountered him and asked him about Daynad of Halmar. Right at the moment, he started denying he didn’t killed anyone. I found him and quickly executed the law. Of course, villagers were not happy seeing their neighbour being killed right in front of them. I learnt that as one of them threw rock at me. I rode out of village fastest I could.
4cthv.jpg

----

In the Reyvadin, I found King Yarolgek. I reported him about my success, and earned 300 denars. Sweet money I could say. After completing this task, I went to the guild master of Reyvadin seeking for more. He told me there are few band of looters terorising outskirts for Reyvadin. I said the guild master that I will try to do something about it. Before I started searching for looters, I went to local tavern where I met a young beauty by name of Ymira. She said to me she escaped from her home because of political marriage her father wanted. Also, she said to me she wants to join my small groving army. Of course, I accepted. I gave her proper battle suit. She will be better protected in that than in fancy dress.

First group of looters, which consisted 11 unexperienced bandits, I defeated easily same day. Then my band and I rested till dawn of next day when we continued our search. At end of the month I did put an end to four groups and earned 160 denars from guild master. Then I started trade tour from Curaw to Reyvadin. I bought a cheap iron at Curaw for only 70-90 denars, and sold it at Reyvadin for 250 denars. That was really good profit, as I earned over 2000 denars. After selling the iron, I participated a tournament where I got to even final round. But unfortunately, I was knocked out by a skilled warrior by the name Kradus. I hope I will meet him again in the other tournament.
HEA8o.jpg

----

Luckily I was invited to feast. I had no ceremony suit, so I went there in my armor. In palace at Reyvadin, I met three nobles, Boyar Vlan, Neldera and Ralcha. In the short talk with Boyar Neldera, he gave me task to collect a debt of 3000 denars that Boyar Druli owes him. After I asked where Boyar Druli is, he answered me he is at Khudan, town deep in Vaegir terrytory. Of course, I accepted the given task. Not only Lors were at feast, but also lustful young ladies. I met one. Her name is Lady Tamar, sister of Boyar Crahask. She was young, only 21. After flirting with her, he said to me that she would like us to see each other. My heart started beating faster after I heard those words. Next day I departed to Khudan, but at halfway we were attacked by tundra bandits. They effortlessly defeated my men, and knocked me out. After I woke up, I realised I was taken prisoner. For two days, I was in hands of these bandits, then somehow, I managed to escape. I was all alone now. I had no other choice but to return to Reyvadin. Feast still lasted, but I was not allowed to enter because I was not lord, and if I want permission I would have to win tournament that is being held. Also, Boyar Druli was at royal feast, but unfortunately, I was knocked out in 4th round. My only hope to see Boyar Druli is to wait for feast to finish.

Author's notes:

This is chapter 2 and I hope it's better than previous one.

ZbntW.jpg

TBHXe.jpg

Chapter II: ''Bounty Hunter''
March 24th-april 4th 1257

After saving merchant’s brother, I had a lot of free time. First, a spent a night in Reyvadin healing my wounds. Wounds on my body were deep. It did hurt a lot. Because of that I couldn’t sleep, so I rode out of Reywadin when I encountered King Yarolgek, ruler of Kingdom of Vaegirs. That was a great opportunity to put myself into good light. I could remember some things nobles did to get auidence with kings and lords. That’s why I was able to get to King and talk to him a bit. We were talking about Calradia. It had six kingdoms. That were Kingdom of Nords, Swadia, Rhodoks, Sultanute of Sarranids, Kheright Khanate and Kingdom of Vaegirs of course. After a little talk, Yarolgek asked me for a favor. He wanted me to find and kill a lawless villain by the name of Daynad of Halmar. Also he told me he is last seen in Sambuja. I accepted and first went to Reyvadin to sell items I found at bandit’s hideout.

While I was walking the streets, two well armed man tried to rob me and kill me, but I killed them effortlessly. My next destination was Sambuja. In the noon of march 25th I went to village Sambuja and started searching for an outlaw. I asked villagers, but no one knew. Not too far from the village, I saw a man carrying a sword. I encountered him and asked him about Daynad of Halmar. Right at the moment, he started denying he didn’t killed anyone. I found him and quickly executed the law. Of course, villagers were not happy seeing their neighbour being killed right in front of them. I learnt that as one of them threw rock at me. I rode out of village fastest I could.
4cthv.jpg

----

In the Reyvadin, I found King Yarolgek. I reported him about my success, and earned 300 denars. Sweet money I could say. After completing this task, I went to the guild master of Reyvadin seeking for more. He told me there are few band of looters terorising outskirts for Reyvadin. I said the guild master that I will try to do something about it. Before I started searching for looters, I went to local tavern where I met a young beauty by name of Ymira. She said to me she escaped from her home because of political marriage her father wanted. Also, she said to me she wants to join my small groving army. Of course, I accepted. I gave her proper battle suit. She will be better protected in that than in fancy dress.

First group of looters, which consisted 11 unexperienced bandits, I defeated easily same day. Then my band and I rested till dawn of next day when we continued our search. At end of the month I did put an end to four groups and earned 160 denars from guild master. Then I started trade tour from Curaw to Reyvadin. I bought a cheap iron at Curaw for only 70-90 denars, and sold it at Reyvadin for 250 denars. That was really good profit, as I earned over 2000 denars. After selling the iron, I participated a tournament where I got to even final round. But unfortunately, I was knocked out by a skilled warrior by the name Kradus. I hope I will meet him again in the other tournament.
HEA8o.jpg

----

Luckily I was invited to feast. I had no ceremony suit, so I went there in my armor. In palace at Reyvadin, I met three nobles, Boyar Vlan, Neldera and Ralcha. In the short talk with Boyar Neldera, he gave me task to collect a debt of 3000 denars that Boyar Druli owes him. After I asked where Boyar Druli is, he answered me he is at Khudan, town deep in Vaegir terrytory. Of course, I accepted the given task. Not only Lors were at feast, but also lustful young ladies. I met one. Her name is Lady Tamar, sister of Boyar Crahask. She was young, only 21. After flirting with her, he said to me that she would like us to see each other. My heart started beating faster after I heard those words. Next day I departed to Khudan, but at halfway we were attacked by tundra bandits. They effortlessly defeated my men, and knocked me out. After I woke up, I realised I was taken prisoner. For two days, I was in hands of these bandits, then somehow, I managed to escape. I was all alone now. I had no other choice but to return to Reyvadin. Feast still lasted, but I was not allowed to enter because I was not lord, and if I want permission I would have to win tournament that is being held. Also, Boyar Druli was at royal feast, but unfortunately, I was knocked out in 4th round. My only hope to see Boyar Druli is to wait for feast to finish.

Author's notes:

This is chapter 2 and I hope it's better than previous one.

ZbntW.jpg

TBHXe.jpg

Well sorry about that. English is not my primary language, so please accept my apologies. I fixed it, I hope it's correct now

Oh, it was prefectly fine before too.

What I meant was "A cliffhanger" as in "The story ended at a risky position for our hero, forcing us to return to see/hear how he would fare/if he would survive"

It was a good thing - sorry to be unclear :eek:

Chapter III: ''Tiring month''
April 14th- May 11th 1257

I spent another night alone in Reyvadin. As I decided to go out I met Boyar Taisa. I could remember him from feast. After a short talk, he offered me to serve Kingdom of Vaegirs as a mercenary in war against Nords. He probably saw my bravery and skill at the tournament. I accepted of course, and started gathering men for my army. When I went to Sambuja, village where I killed Daynad of Halmar, I arrived right in the time to help villagers to fight off the bandits. I helped villagers, and we quickly killed all bandits. My relationship with village imrpoved extremely well, as 9 farmers wanted to join me. Of course I accepted

--

I decided to go to Curaw to buy more Iron, but battle between Vaegirs and Nords was played near Sambuja. Somehow, I managed to get to Curaw, but when I bought Iron, I decided to follow the river to Ymura castle and get to Reyvadin safe. That way is much more safe, I think. I was right, as I got safe to Reyvadin. I sold all Iron and earned good 3000 denars. Now, my goal was to gather and train some men. I earned another 3000 denars after selling Iron I bought in Dhirim, in Kingdom of Swadia. On my way to Reyvadin I encountered King Yarolgek who gave me a task. In this task I need to find Yaroglek’s spy in Wercheg, a big city on northern coast of Calradia. Also, Yarolgek gave me a password, because I will need it to find a spy. As way to Wercheg is full by bandits, I followed Yarolgek’s main army to Alburq castle, and from there within one day I arrived at city.
GZDjl.jpg

--

I have inflitrated city disquised as a beggar. I had a staff and 10 throwing knifes with me, just to defend myself. Then I started searching for spy. On my luck, I found him very soon. I left city with reports spy in Wercheg gave me. I met Yarolgek preparing a siege at Alburq castle. I gave him reports he sent me for. Another task complete. I’m getting myself into good light.
uLBhG.jpg

--

Meanwhile, I completed task Boyar Ralcha gave me. I returned 3000 denars Boyar Druli owed him, though I had to lose my own 540 denars. Nevermind, I still have more than 5000 denars with me. I had one more task to do. King Yarolgek wanted me to bring him 6 trained Vaegir Horsmen. I has two with me, so four more. While traveling to Reyvadin, a elderly woman encountered me, and gave me a letter adressed on me. When I opened it, my heart started beating faster when I read
It was from Lady Tamar. I visited her few days later. She was very happy when I opened a door.

Rest of the month was tiring. I trained totally 11 Horsemen to serve Yarolgek, as he gave me same task two times. Also, I completed another bunch of tasks and met another lords. Before war between Vaegirs and Khergits ended, Yarolgek managed to conquer Malayurg Castle. Well, I think May will also be tiring, but I hope it will at least not be boring. Also, a good thing is that I became a friend with King Yarolgek. That was one of best things that could happen.

--

Author's notes:

Well, this is chapter 3. In next chapter I will probably become Yarolgek's vassal, and I hope anyone who reads this will continue to read this, if actually anyone read. This is it

0r5J7.jpg

Well this is current Alexios' renown

DSnfV.jpg

And these are Alexios' current stats. Hope they're good. :)

Last edited:
Chapter IV: ''Vassalage''
May 14th- June 7th 1257

After training another 5 horsemen, Yarolgek asked me for another favor. This time he wanted me to collect taxes from Reyvadin, and my reward? Fifth of taxes! From a huge town?! Of course I accepted. In the morning of the next day I started doing my job as a tax collector. It took me 3 days to collect all taxes. When I finished my little job, I didn’t realised I was richer for almost 7000 denars. Meanwhile, I heard from local townsmen ot Khudan that King Yarolgek is at Khergit border, and is travelling to Reyvadin, so I decided to wait for him there. In palace of Reyvadin, I met a king, and after completing this task too, he asked me if I want to become Lord. A LORD??? Of course I want. Next day in the noon, mass gathered in front of palace, watching traditional ceremony. I knelt down before Yarolgek, as he made me lord. I became lord in this strange land, after starting as a beggar. Yarolgek gave me a village Tash Kulun, where I killed one outlaw I cannot remmember his name. Villagers don’t like me there, but they will, they will like me very soon. After I recieved a royal title, same day I departed to Tash Kulun.

--

When I arrived, I saw fear in eyes of villagers. I went to elder’s house and asked him about villagers. His answer terrified me. He said bandits are attacking them every week, and they have no manpower to repel them. I raised and told him I will train them. I will protect them from bandits. That’s my duty as a lord and protector of this village.

In the start, villagers showed to have no talent in fighting, but my training method made them men of steel. It took me nearly four days to train them. While I was training them, I saw Firentis running towards him, yelling ’’BANDITS!!!’’. That moment has come. I took my armor and weapons and charged at the enemies. I rode at the head of the column, and pierced 3 bandits easily in galop. Villagers showed pretty useful too, as they killed more than half bandits. I, Boyar Alexios of Tash Kulum had honor to pierce last standing bandit, through his heart.
G8mlh.jpg

--

That night, we celebrated. While I was drinking ale in honor of village and its villagers, elder encountered me, asking me if I could bring him 7 heads of cattle. The bandits drowe their cattle, and they couldn’t find it. ’’I will do that!’’, I said him, and saw a big smile on elder’s face. I rode to Khergit village Zagush, where I bought 7 heads of cattle for nearly 1000 denars. I am not a shepherd, so it took me time to learn how to drive cattle onwards. When I got to the village, giving them the cattle, I saw smiles on many faces, but also tears. I am happy because I made them happy. It looked like I am doing this job of protector of village quite well.
EJItu.jpg

--

That night, I couldn’t sleep. I had nightmares about day when bandits attacked me and took me as a prisoner. Ymira has gone. I went out to tavern in my village when I heard a group talking about Ymira. I rushed towards them and asked where she is. No one replied, but then I pointed my sword towards one’s throat. In the same time, he said to me she is in Shariz. I prepared my army as we rode to Shariz. I asked Firentis, where is that town. He replied me it is capital of Sarranid Sultanute, kingdom ruled by Hakim. It is town in desert. We were traveling to desert and this was my first time to see it. But on border with Sarranids, I recieved a message. Vaegirs declared war on Sarranids. Right on moment when I was traveling to Shariz. Damn it! I will wait until war finish. I had one more thing to do. I had to strenghten my army. From ranger Deshavi I met in Tulga, I heard about Rhodok crossbowmen. Also, I heard they’re best sharpshooters in whole Calradia, so I decided to train some of them. I went on border between Rhodok and Swadian kingdoms, to recruit few Rhodok tribesmen. I decided to go to Tash Kulun to see if there are any news, but when I got there, I saw many dead bodies. Village elder survived, but wih horrible wounds. His whole family has been murdered. Somehow, he managed to encounter me. ’’WHO DID THIS?’’, I angrily asked him, when he whispered name ’’Emir Hiwan’’, and passed out. That day, I buried elder along with all other villagers. I swore on revenge. Before this war finish, I will find Hiwan and kill him!

--

I rode until I got to Sarranid territory. Main features of my army were fighting spirit and high morale. We started search for Emir Hiwan, but instead of him, we encountered Emir Nuwas. When I encountered him for negotiations, I told him he is not my target, he is not the person I want to kill. ’’Who is he?’’, Emir asked me. I told him a name of unhonourable person. After he heard that name, he started to laugh uproariously, and ordered his men to attack.
pHuk0.jpg

ahjFI.jpg

''Battle is finally over. Alexios won''

Battle was fierce. I was riding at the head of the column. Few mamlukes in Emir’s army were pretty threat. But, unfortunately for them, they were no match for my cavarly. I was swinging my sword cuting throats and piercing Sarranids. One soldier knocked me off my horse, and I had to continue battle on foot. Result of battle was next. Victory was mine. I had opportunity to kill Nuwas, but I did let him go. He wasn’t person I targeted.

Author's notes:

As you see, I defeated Emir Nuwas, and I'm currently trying to make my army stronger. Readers, pray for me to survive when I find Hiwan.

rP4qj.jpg

AyAFY.jpg

Chapter V: ''Tournament, assault and defeat''
June 7th-July 25th 1257

Morale of my army was low. Only thing that could cheer them up was fighting. So we marched to northern Calradian coast, on border between Vaegirs and Nords and started exterminating sea raiders. I was surprised when my men spotted pretty large groups. Every consisted 10-20 men, but still they were no match for my cavarly. I had about 15 knights, 3 man at arms and 2 khergit skirmishers. We charged at raiders and sliced them in half with our swords. Morale of my men was getting higher by every battle. They were satisfied. In Rivacheg, I heard about large sea raider group named Sea Wolves. They were raiding outskirt villages of Rivacheg and Wercheg. Then a real hunt began. We spent 2 days searching for them, and finally in dawn of june 15th we encountered them near Rivacheg.

I told infatry and archers to advance ten paces and hold ground, while my cavalry and I will charge at them. We rode at full gallop. I swinged my sword and cut one’s throat, while I pierced another one. Even though they were famous bandit group, they were no match for my army.

Next day, while I was riding to Reyvadin, I saw a man on horizon carrying a letter. It was from our marshal Boyar Nelag adressed to me. I unsealed it and started reading.

’’Boyar Alexios, by my rights as a marshal, I order you to mobilise your army at Dramug castle. We are preparing military campaing. Sanjar Khan declared war and we are preparing to take Sungetche Castle by force. You have 4 days.
- Nelag, sworn vassal and leader of Vaegir army -

Finally some interesting news. We are going to take Sungetche Castle. When we arrived before walls of Sungetche castle I recieved news that Emir Tilimsan is looting my village. I rode fastest I can and arrived at Tash Kulun next day. When I arrived I saw Sarranids burning houses and raping women. I decided to put an end to this and charged at them. Now surprised Sarranids tried to repel our attacks, but we had no mercy. They died one by one. But, infidel Emir Tilimsan managed to escape. I didn’t know what to do to protect village. It was border village, and it will always be raided.

--
I returned to Sungetche and we started assault. I hid myself behind siege tower and waited until it hit the walls and we started climbing. We easily cut down unexpirienced Khergit soldiers and breach to the castle.
FaQeS.jpg

--

There, my men and I killed last of the defenders. Victory was ours. King Yaroglek returned to Reyvadin and held a feast. All of nobles were invited. Also, a tournament was held.

I participated, defeated one or two participants in the first round and got knocked out. Fortunately, I proceeded to the second round, and even to third and fourth. I bet 200 denars on myself hoping I will win in the finals. I asked who is my opponent. I got excited when I heard it’s King Yaroglek.
QIJFQ.jpg

RFTOB.jpg

2S5K1.jpg

I won my first tournament, yay!!

--

We started our fight, but simply, old man Yaroglek was not skilled enough to compete with me, and ended up being knocked out, but still he showed some skill. I won first tournament on this strange land after almost a half year. When I got on feast I met few more ladies. I didn’t mentioned before I met two ladies more, Lady Olakseia and Lady Valka. After tournament I traveled to Curaw and bought Iron for 1800 denars, and would sell it in Reyvadin for 3000-5000. Pretty good income, isn’t it? After trading I traveled to Dramug castle where I encountered 126 Khergit men, led by Charuka Noyan and another two noyans. I can’t remmember their names.
2y5Ew.jpg

--

My army was surrounded. We charged, but before I tried to slice one Khergit, three arrows hit my horse. Poor animal fell dead. Sadness took me over, because I had that horse since start of my journey in Calradia. Honourable captain that brought me here gave me that horse. Without horse, I didn’t last long, as one Khergit hit me with mace in head. Everything went black, as a fell to the bloody ground.

--

I woke up to learn Khergits took me a prisoner. For three days, I was in their dirty hands. Somehow, while they were fithing Vaegirs, I managed to escape. Lucky me, I still had my weapons and armor, but I had no horse. I wandered border of Swadia, Khergits and Vaegirs in search for Reyvadin.
Jzxxl.jpg

--

I finally returned to Reyvadin after 2 days of walking. I was dead tired. First, in next morning I bought a horse, then I started visiting villages in searching for volunteers. I got about 15 Vaegirs and 10 Swadians to join my small growing army. First, I did another trade in Curaw and Reywadin. I had about 11000 denars now and went to training grounds to train recruits. This time, I wanted them all to become horsemen that will serve me in my conquests.

Author's notes:

As you can see, I got defeated by Khergits, but nevermind, I will be again the strongest :D and I hope you will continue reading.

jF5X5.jgp

bStwo.jpg