• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(199617)

Sergeant
Mar 15, 2010
my worst fear has come true and we were just talking about it 2 days ago. I try to go to stonyroad.de and it says account suspended and the site was down. anyone know what is going on??? Feanor, Nighty or Rare? is this permanent?

Scary!

I got the fears today by this also :(

I have the same "This Account Has Been Suspended" message and find it rather worrying.:eek:

http://www.stonyroad.de/index.php?

I hope as we have just had a forum software upgrade this week at stony that there is just some glitch or perhaps some further forum modifications going on over the weekend ,maybe even the registration issue being fixed.HOPEFULLY.

But i do find it worrying their was no Forum is going offline temporally warning and the Account Suspended message has no info and is alarming.:confused:

It is weird we were speculating about this the other day,the site was still online at gone 3am today.

I got real fears over years of work lost, but lets be hopeful!

I wonder if anyone will notice your post here other than me so.....

Please post here also in the Hoi2 stony section...So as to keep the problem subject current on board most stony admins and moderators are also members here so hopefully they will notice and answer....
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?374917-Stoney-road-sight-down../page13

(Its an old Hoi2 thread i bumped as it has happened before i also panicked then)

If Stony Road does not re-appear by Monday i will get really panicky:eek:

Dr

Yeah.... that is EXACTLY why i built my site... everytime you find a good site that has all the goodies, it just dosen't seem to last! roadtowar.com for example. I hope the guys at Stony get it back up, but in the meantime I've been posting stuff on my site as much as time allows, and I plan on keeping it up indefinately! If you want to post anything on my site, it will be safe www.hoi-mods.com

If anybody knows any of the fellows at Stony.... I've got some time next week if they need some help sorting out their site/database.

Maybe they are having bandwidth issue's, I can post them a sub-domain on my server if they need a host.

Last edited:
Hello there,

Thanks to Dr Rare's PM I got notification of the suspension of the stonyroad.de account. As I posted on stonyroad.de the account got suspended because there where hundreds of open threads causing 100% CPU load on the server. Whether this is due to the upgrade of vbulletin causing open commits or it having a DoS-attack as cause has still to be seen.
I have set up logging of website activity and permanent monitoring of the website (I receive Emails if the site goes down/unreachable).

N!ghtyY

Hello there,

Thanks to Dr Rare's PM I got notification of the suspension of the stonyroad.de account. As I posted on stonyroad.de the account got suspended because there where hundreds of open threads causing 100% CPU load on the server. Whether this is due to the upgrade of vbulletin causing open commits or it having a DoS-attack as cause has still to be seen.
I have set up logging of website activity and permanent monitoring of the website (I receive Emails if the site goes down/unreachable).

N!ghtyY
Thanks so much for sorting it all out N!ghtY.Glad to hear you will be monitoring things.

It was pretty scary!

Just in case you are not aware there is a long term Stony Road Registration issue in which people do not get their registration conformation email ,Feanor normally has to register them manually in some way but perhaps when he is not around you might have the powers be able to do that for people trying to join?

Dr

glad this is fixed, and I didn't have to post on hoi 2 forums. thx Nighty and everyone for jumping to the rescue and glad someone still cares about this site.

glad this is fixed, and I didn't have to post on hoi 2 forums. thx Nighty and everyone for jumping to the rescue and glad someone still cares about this site.

Yes indeed well done all!Hoi1 Hurrah!

Dr

Stony Road down again!

Dammit the sites down again!

Happened just after 12am so maybe its more Forum tweaks and upgrades again hopefully as the non sending of registration conformation email is still a issue.

Shame i was just then enjoying the New Hoi1 Ethiopian AAr challenge thread!

Hope its back later today!

Dr

Last edited:
Hurrah Its back again i guess it was only temporary! (Hopefully)

Dr

Last edited:
Hello Long time no post not been playing but thinking abou it recently and then the shock of discovering stony and all our projects and knowledge base missing!
Damn it! I only just realized its all gone!I thought it was still working at Xmas I am making inquires maybe the old owner can jump start it!

Hi guys... :)
Well it took me like two hours to try to log in here at p'dox, but now i'm here again.
I have been busy in RL for a while and so on...
But i hope everything is ok with everyone from good old Stony, i still plays and mods sometimes.

Krakau i saw you was putting up things for download thats great! :cool:
I belive i got 90% of all graphics and mods and extras ever made for HoI saved on harddrive as well as most things from stony.
Please e-mail if you request anything or so or if others want anything i'll go searching hard drives.

Hey Rare is everything ok back in UK? :) I really do hope so, i haven't got your e-mail and i lost your phonenumber. And since stony is broken and p'dox is well you know,
and i guess everyone has been busy with other stuff....

Anyway guys feel free to email if you like to chat or ask anything about HoI or whatever.

henrik.norrstrom@gmail.com