• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(12730)

Sprite Archiver
Dec 14, 2002
www.stonyroad.de

BUGS

LOOK AT

To DO
  • check benelux promises with NOW
  • translate and add lago's events
  • shift invasion places, create seperate files for each province there
  • resource events not for AI
  • choice of new order possible

Last edited:
Isn't this a bit obsolete?:D

Hm, seems as if this mod doesn´t want the axis to win, does it? :D

I am currently playing as Japan and accepted the event that triggeres war with the Kuomintang. Now I face several problems with my tactical bombers. I can´t attack on several provinces (Chongquin, Zunyi, perhaps also Quingdao), although they are well in range. The rightclick just shows the red failure cross and doesn´t do anything, while the ctrl+rightclick says "no game found".

This is a serious bug, since it also occurs as Germany in some Dutch provinces...

Furthermore:
When the events take 300% of my total ressources, I have a negative number of all 4 types. After the day change, I have 0 in all ressource counters, except for oil, which remains at the negative number. However, planes still attack with maximum effectivity, while tanks and ships suffer from the oil shortfall.

Please tell me whether I´m just plain stupid and don´t see that´s a "tweak" you implemented to help the ai, or whether this is a real (perhaps already known and fixed) bug.

Thank you.

My version: stonyroad_pro_v02_eng_ger.exe with hoi105c.zip

Some Stony Problems?

Hello All .. just finished my first run on stony at a normal setting...here are a few things I found.

First ... when you achieve improved tac and dive techs your old planes get the upgrades without having to upgrade.

Second ... British Ai is dumb as a box of rocks...taking Britian is easy as the ai does not defend britian well...4 to 6 109e's and 12 VII's to back up the transports with your orginal kriegs marine and Britain is finished.

I found the bitter peace with SU annoying but I just followed the trans-siberian railroad to its conclusion and annexed the SU and it went to the new russia .. lost alot of resources as provinces i took were given to the new russia.

I think the tech boost from the battle of britian event a bit much as my almost unbeatable air force became virtually uber after it.

The Vichy event almost never occurs until i have almost 80 percent of national France so why bother to Vichy?

these are just a few I will try and post more as i go for the next level but as another nation

1. some sprites have strange colors (harriken, one yugoslav, i think yugoslavia is using french sprites, tank)

2. Very bad British ai for defense of their Home Islands

3. I see in ver 0.3 that you improved diplomacy but it have to be even more hard for germans and italians. Italians especially. They have to be DoW by the Allies for every aggresion in the Balkans before Germany starts with war.

4. Some diplomatic consecuenses for Axis DoWing south american and central american states. And same for Japan but I played Japs last time in 0.1

5. And the most important thing, thank you N!ghtY and thanks for the whole crew for making HoI playauble.
I was forget about HoI before I got SR 0.1. Seriously THANKS. HVALA

jmschaub said:
Historical Stony Mod - Yugoslavia has territory 1447 included in its owned / core provinces. This is Jaipur (India)...I don't know how it got included but it shouldn't be there.

This was on purpose check here for a discussion on the subject.

There is a severe bug that destroys the entire game when playing Germany. Every leader (doesn´t matter if Land, Air or Sea) has 0 Skill, so you cannot promote anyone and every of your mythical prussian officers are dumber than a sheep. Only Admiral Marschall and Raeder got Skill 4. Noone else with skill bigger than 0. I tried with USA and all it's fine there, croosing the Ocean. Even minors got theirs leaders all right. Conclussion, fantastic mod, but stupid bug that make it impossible to play a game with Germany, that is the most interesting country to do it.

Anyone can help me out with this weird thing?

PD: Soviets also have many, many, many 0-skill leaders, but some correct ones, so you can more or less survive. Of courese, because of all german leaders are 0 skill, it's easy for the Allies and the SU to defeat Third Reich.

Incredible.

Last edited:
Actually the 0 Skill for German officers is not a bug. It was introduced to add to the challenge of playing Germany and to give greater importance to rank at the beginning of the game. For further information behind this change, log on to the Stony road website and check out the forums.

Also, unlike the generic 0 skill officers, the starting german officers can accumulate experience. This means they are promotable later in the game when you acquire sufficient experience. You probably also noticed, that in Stoney Road, the German officers have been given additional skill traits. (Check out Rommel or Gurdian for example) Which means that in the long run, the German officers have far more potential than their ally counterparts.

MacDunne said:
Actually the 0 Skill for German officers is not a bug. It was introduced to add to the challenge of playing Germany and to give greater importance to rank at the beginning of the game. For further information behind this change, log on to the Stony road website and check out the forums.

Also, unlike the generic 0 skill officers, the starting german officers can accumulate experience. This means they are promotable later in the game when you acquire sufficient experience. You probably also noticed, that in Stoney Road, the German officers have been given additional skill traits. (Check out Rommel or Gurdian for example) Which means that in the long run, the German officers have far more potential than their ally counterparts.

Thanks Mac that could not be said better or more clear.

I love this mod but more or less 1/2 of the games action freezes just when occidental powers must Change Strategy, after the fall of France. It doesn't matter if Vichy fires or not, because of I have deleted vichy event. Anyway, the day after the Vichy event should trigger (in my game 11th January 1941) game Freezes. In previous games it didn't. I have tested it reloading 11 times (6 before deleting vichy and 5 after), but there's no way. In my opinion perhaps is a question of period. Trying to remember, Vichy triggered in previous games before 1941, but now, in early 1941 all freezes and game stops forever.

To give modders a bit more information, it's just after the event Submarine Bases in French Coast. A day or 2 after (it doesn't matter if answered yes or not at this event) all freezes.

Any help, modders?

Ylzania said:
I love this mod but more or less 1/2 of the games action freezes just when occidental powers must Change Strategy, after the fall of France. It doesn't matter if Vichy fires or not, because of I have deleted vichy event. Anyway, the day after the Vichy event should trigger (in my game 11th January 1941) game Freezes. In previous games it didn't. I have tested it reloading 11 times (6 before deleting vichy and 5 after), but there's no way. In my opinion perhaps is a question of period. Trying to remember, Vichy triggered in previous games before 1941, but now, in early 1941 all freezes and game stops forever.

To give modders a bit more information, it's just after the event Submarine Bases in French Coast. A day or 2 after (it doesn't matter if answered yes or not at this event) all freezes.

Any help, modders?

Thanks for your input Ylzania, I never have the problem you mentioned but some other people also have the freezing issue at the Vichy level. I check it out yesterday again but I did not see any problem related to Vichy as they were claiming. I will check if as you said is related to the ai switching (which comes immediately after Vichy), which means I will check if the respective ai's are properly defined in the official stony release. Thanks again

However, with the latest HSR 1.03b the freeze problem seems resolved - at least I'm throuch to December '40 with Vichy created in July and everything is still working.

My resources automatically decrease even tho my production is much higher than the consumption! It is so annoying!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!

Now, attachment-icons do not show... both at units and in build menu.
It's just green and black rambling. The file with the proper nato-symbols for A,AA,AT,E,empty, is present but SRP doesn't use it right!
What shall I do?

Inquis34 said:
My resources automatically decrease even tho my production is much higher than the consumption! It is so annoying!!!!!!HELP!!!!!!

This usually happens when you are out of rubber or oil and have to convert coal by process.

umm as italy i get -resources for rationing my people. I dont see a win situation. I was doing good too till I got those events.

Playing as Germany I somehow lose about 100000 oil which totally crushes my economy as I am in negative 75000 oil.

I had to use the oil cheat to recover but then a month later I lost another 100000 oil.

I can't seem to workout why this is happening but it may conicide with every French province I capture

Oh and war started in early '37 because I annexed Sweden for their resources

Oh and occasionally on my Atlantic wall the allies make an amphibious assualt but instead of being pushed back by my troops stationed in the province the allies take the province and suddenly my troops become the attacking nation (kind of defeats the purpose of having level 5 coastal forts)