• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dr. Intolerance

Colonel
14 Badges
Dec 9, 2011
  • Darkest Hour
  • For The Glory
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Rome Gold
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
I'm using the AI trade, and have oil and money stockpiled. I'm playing Germany. I've made deals with the USA over several months now totaling 20 of their oil for 6 supplies. Iran is also a big supplier so I've got 30 something surplus a day. The oil stockpile is now securely in the limit and I'm trying to sell 25 oil to South Africa for around 4.5 rare materials but that gets cancelled by the AI even though I'm still securely stockpiled to the max. Should I just shut off 'AI can cancel trades?'

Is SA cancelling the deal or is the trade AI due to inefficiency?
Not sure how to tell. The deal is definitely in my favor at around 60 for them to accept. I'm just wondering that if the stockpile fluctuates and the reserve goes below maximum will the AI nuke some deals. Given how valuable some of those are, the entire deal goes under for one little facet of resources compared to everything else merged, I am gonna leave the AI off on cancelling trade.

Is there an option to turn off auto merging?

I'm using the AI trade, and have oil and money stockpiled. I'm playing Germany. I've made deals with the USA over several months now totaling 20 of their oil for 6 supplies. Iran is also a big supplier so I've got 30 something surplus a day. The oil stockpile is now securely in the limit and I'm trying to sell 25 oil to South Africa for around 4.5 rare materials but that gets cancelled by the AI even though I'm still securely stockpiled to the max. Should I just shut off 'AI can cancel trades?'

Ok, this might sound dumb, but bear with me. The AI will end up cancelling any deal you propose to them in regards to trade. There is no way to 'lock' trade ingame as far as im aware. If there is a command to lock trade i dont know what it is. AFAIK the only way to lock trade is by event, and even then its not useful as you cant cancel it either. The best solution is to simply go to negotiations and give them the amount you wish, always checking that trade efficiency is 100% or as close to it as possible so as to receive the full amount.

Ok, this might sound dumb, but bear with me. The AI will end up cancelling any deal you propose to them in regards to trade. There is no way to 'lock' trade ingame as far as im aware. If there is a command to lock trade i dont know what it is. AFAIK the only way to lock trade is by event, and even then its not useful as you cant cancel it either. The best solution is to simply go to negotiations and give them the amount you wish, always checking that trade efficiency is 100% or as close to it as possible so as to receive the full amount.
I need to get as close to "100" as I can? I thought that was the chance for the AI to accept a trade deal, as it requires more stuff to give them to get nearer to "100."

In the AI control panel, I keep the slider thingamajig at 80.That must be the thing you suggested.

I'm trying out Blood & Iron, but I can't play much. :(

I found it hilarious to build up a giant deal with the USA over several months by offering one supply for 3.3 oil. What a sap. What a maroon. :D

Im talking about trade efficiency, not the chance of acceptance. Trade efficiency is how much of the trade you will actually receive and how much will disappear. If you trade something at 50% efficiency, half of it will vanish.

Im talking about trade efficiency, not the chance of acceptance. Trade efficiency is how much of the trade you will actually receive and how much will disappear. If you trade something at 50% efficiency, half of it will vanish.
Is this about having enough convoys?

Usually it has to do with a combination of factors; if the traderoute is on land and you're connected its always 100%. If not, from what i have seen, it relies on your convoy numbers and the convoy numbers of the country you're trading with, if there are enemy ships present in the route and maybe some other factors im not aware of. Im 100% sure however the devs have the exact numbers somewhere. As a rule of thumb, the further the country is and the more it travels close to enemy sea routes, the less you will receive.