• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
heya,

have had a chance to play, but spent a bit of time updating with all your tweaks.
:cool:
only thing i havent updated is sprites. just a lil technically stupid here. what set of sprites would you recommend are easiest to gather and install?.
Well all the old sprite packs are bogus you are best & Safest to use all my posted works which include many of the old packs sprites Fixed.
But there is none that are easier than others.They are all very simple to add.
I suggest just downloading 1 or a few and when you have added it/them you will realize how simple it all is and then you will be sucked into Spriteland!
Any questions though feel free to ask.
will the be compatibale with exisiting save games?.
You can add and remove sprites as and when you wish ,they make no difference at all to save games and will not effect them.

thansk again for all you programmers and developers, you guys are amazing and selfless and your hardwork and skills are appreciated.

made a great game even better, not easy to do!

thanks again,

eric
You are very welcome thanks for your comments i am sure all involved appreciate them.

Dr

I have a friend I showed HoI1 to years ago who still play it on his old, win98-running computer, and who has refused to switch to Hoi2, WinXP, a new pair of jeans, or shave for several years now. :rofl:

Still a great guy.

Man that is one of the funniest things I have read on this site. Heh. I play HOI II however.

Dr Rare,

you are the last person to post in the "great war mod"'s forum, so i will take the liberty to ask for your help.

I am trying to download the great war mod, but the link doesn't work... Do you know where i can find the files?

Tgw info

Dr Rare,

you are the last person to post in the "great war mod"'s forum, so i will take the liberty to ask for your help.
No problem very glad to hear of your interest.

But why not post in the TGW forum?

:( So sad over 500 downloads of the TGW mini-mod v.3 and around 3 Comments.Really encouraging Dudes:rolleyes:.
TGW HDP v.4 was ready for release last year but only issued to play testers due to the lack of Feedback on v.3 from the downloaders.So unlucky lurkers.You get what you deserve for the feedback and input you give.Nothing = Nothing.

With a little encouragement i might release it.

I am trying to download the great war mod, but the link doesn't work... Do you know where i can find the files?
Yes the TGW 1.1 mod is available from here.....
http://www.bopworld.org/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=22

Make sure you add the TGW mini-mod HDP v.3 to FIX TGW 1.1 and the vital GFX fixes.To have the most up to date Complete TGW version.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268971/showthread.php?p=7843793#post7843793

Dr

hey um you know i was playing as usa on hearts of iron one. I joined the axis, and by the end of the game I had turned britain into a puppet state and completely wiped out the allies I had annexed like 50 countries and then then it was 1948.I think the longer timeline in hearts of iron 2 with the expansions would be better.is there actually a way to change it in 1 ?

I know this is kinda old and primative and there still peoples playing this? Part two is not bad at all and part three is kinda broken atm.

As evidenced by the thread I'm merging your post with, there are still people playing this :p

always and forever...

always and forever...

Me too...............I am still here and starting to get back into the Hoi1 Project zone after a spell of fun playing and testing :)

Dr

I still like playing HO1 & am currently playing it.(Still play Panzer General & it's from the mid 90's-use old computer with ME) Oddly enough I bought HO2 & Victoria @ full price (damn near free now) & have never really played them.

Since (IMO) HoI2 in its various incarnations is better than HoI1 in basically any way, I don't see any real reason to play it. It feels like a minor HoI2, in comparison to Panzergeneral, which has no update that makes everything better.

Since (IMO) HoI2 in its various incarnations is better than HoI1 in basically any way, I don't see any real reason to play it. It feels like a minor HoI2, in comparison to Panzergeneral, which has no update that makes everything better.
Too each his own, HoI2 lasted less than four months on my computer; I thought it mostly awful in execution and gameplay. On the other hand, HoI1 with CORE and The Great War still see use.

I am STILL playing HOI1 w/ CORE - better than any of the subsequent titles, unfortunately. Currently playing a new game as the UK, though previous campaigns as Italy, France, US, and Germany were also fun.

Another one aboard playing and modding HoI1.

Not dropping HoI2 to the trashbin nevertheless as many in this thread did.
I like them both really much, and as for HoI3... I don't have enough experience to judge it.

HOI1 is better than HOI3..... HOI3 is terrible.... Its basically AI vs AI with a human watching the paint dry.... HOI2 is still the best.

I saw HOI3 & wondered about it.(seems to be hard to find-only have seen it once)
Still playing the same game as above of HOI1.Every time the game is at least slightly different-which is one of the reasons I like HOI1.For the first time ever,Germany (me) has run out of manpower.(come to think of it-many of my allies (I take control of most of them) are low or out,except Italy & Japan.) Also steel currently runs down (no problem before iirc) as I use most of my convoys to import rubber.(have built more than twice the transport ships that I usually do so I can get my army to North America faster-so can fix the depletion later,if it matters) I had an inkling that "something" may have gone wrong this time (bad load/download of patches?) but the game still plays well.For instance,Vichy France became a puppet @ 9:00 July 26,1940.It became an ally 2hrs later.However,I just had the event "return of occupied provinces" @ 000 Jan.4,1942 & Vichy became a puppet again at the same time.(had to take control of them again). I don't recall these events ever being that far apart.:)

Last edited: