• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(730186)

Recruit
1 Badges
Apr 23, 2013
  • Sword of the Stars II
I must say I am beyond disappointed and beyond angry now, I used to be a big fan of Sots I with all its expansions, brilliant game which entertained me for countless hours. You can imagine I was pretty excited to hear about Sots II but waited with the purchase to avoid early version disaster, I waited for almost 1 year!!!

Then in December 2012 I finally decided to buy the game, great was the disappointment as I had to find out that the game could still randomly crash when you hit the end round button. De-installed and decided to wait a bit more. Today I gave it another try and guess what? Round one, random crash mars error, restarted the game went on to round 2, random crash mars error, restarted the game a 3rd time, did nothing fancy just clicked a few planets, mooeep crash mars error.
This is the very last time this company has seen any money from me, the game is still unplayable! I don´t care for a fix anymore, the DVD is going into the trash, thanks for nothing!

Next time when I feel like wasting money I´ll just wipe my arse with some EU bills, at least then I have a benefit out of it, namely a clean arse.

That's a pretty unusual problem AFAICT. I played a hundred turns of a new game maybe a couple weeks back with no problems.

There are still issues with the game, make no mistake, but unplayability due to crash bugs is not a usual experience.

EDIT: So if you actually want to try the game, I'd recommend attempting to troubleshoot.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion and otherwise limited experience you can either:
1) decide to post how upset you are on a forum the developers arent even going to look at
OR
2) go to their forum, fill out a report post of your issue, provide them with whatever necessary information they require and then perhaps they can help you. If they cant then perhaps they can write a fix for a specific problem.

However they can only do that if you inform them of the issue(s) you are facing.

The problem with PC games is that they work on a platform with "many moving parts" alot of which can be different from one PC to the next. These arent consoles. So if one small oversight is overlooked, it can easily not work on one computer, even if works on another. ESPECIALLY given the development history of this game.

Voldron12 I humbly suggest you go to the kerberos forum log your issue there, be as informative as you can and ask (nicely if you can) for help or a fix.

Given the record of fixes these guys have provided with SotS Prime and this sequels chances are that they will likely write a fix if they can help you sort out your technical problem.

this is just my 2cents, written as a fellow gamer.

yeah, you want to go over to kerboros tech forum and get some help on your problem - you'll get it - and only a few people still get crashes.

The game plays pretty well now - if you enjoyed the first one, you'll enjoy this when you get the hang of the changes. Most SotS1 vets do anyway.

I waited for almost 1 year!!!

Poor baby, a whole year you say? I'm glad no-one else had to wait that long for the game to be sorted. :rolleyes:

I don´t care for a fix anymore, the DVD is going into the trash, thanks for nothing!

Next time when I feel like wasting money I´ll just wipe my arse with some EU bills, at least then I have a benefit out of it, namely a clean arse.

Since throwing the DVD in the 'trash' is futile as it's linked to your Steam account, I'd use that DVD to wipe your 'arse'. Just pretend it's one of the three sea shells.

This is the very last time this company has seen any money from me, the game is still unplayable! I don´t care for a fix anymore, the DVD is going into the trash, thanks for nothing!

Who? Paradox or Kerberos? Because Kerberos made the game, and as such you're on the wrong forums.

Personally I'd look to your PC, but since this is your first and only post on these forums, and I can't see anyone with your username on Kerberos' forums, I doubt you will or that you even care that the game doesn't work.

Just take comfort in the knowledge that the game is good and that we're all playing it.

Last edited:
I find SOTS2 has many failings (for me) however, stability is not one of them. Sure, in the early days crashing was an issue but not since the big patch (a year ago?) has there been a crashing issue really. Some isolated people may have had issues - there always will be - but stability has improved drastically since the early days.

Uh, links? I see one thread about a problem that might fit the description, except it's specifically observed in multiplayer and even there the 'crash every turn' is anomalous.

Do you have more specific link re. MP games. Sp games work fine no joy though in the Mp arena. Crashes on turn one everytime :(

Do you have more specific link re. MP games. Sp games work fine no joy though in the Mp arena. Crashes on turn one everytime :(
It's been a while, it was just a thread on the Tech Support forum at the Kerberos boards. Which is really the place to go with this sort of trouble.

I can look later I guess, but I'd really suggest just going there yourself.