• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Same problem. I'm running on a Linksys WRT54G router. I've enabled port fowarding, turned off firewalls, put my cpu outside of the DMZ, and yet NOTHING is working.

Still getting the dreaded error no host found at ip address (xx.xxx.xx.xx).

The really frustrating part about this is that HoI1 and HoI2 USED to work for multiplayer games.

Now they don't work at all. I cant ever host a game on valkryenet.

This is getting ridiculous. This game has been out for literally YEARS. When it first came out, the multiplayer function was totally buggy, it took MONTHS for paradox to get it to work.

Now people have to have a Ph.D. in network engineering to play a basic multiplayer game, not even an MMO.

Come on Paradox, pull your head out of Siberia and join the new milennium.

endless problems connecting MP

Have been trying off and on for months to connect MP.

Have checked firewalls ad nauseum and have tried port forwarding.

have NetcommNB5PLUS4 router

has port forwarding

requires Source IP Addy [I believe this is my DGIP]

requires Dest. IP Addy [I believe this is my NATIP]

requires Dest. Port Start [i believe this is the lower port range for example 2300]

requires Dest. Port End [i believe this is the higher port range for example 2400]

requires Port Map [not sure what this is am using lower port range here as well ie 2300 as a guess]

Also requires Source and Dest. NetMask - [no idea what these are please help]

have selected TCP forwarding.

PLEASE help I have just bought DD and Arm and am fed up with this games ridiculous complexity for multi play.

Wtf

Okay there are three of us and we will be joined by another two players shortly that want to play HOI2-Arma 1.2 VBVL (stock standard version) multiplayer.
At present all three of us can connect to each other hosting a game however only one other player gets into the game the other does not make it.
So if I am frined A, I can play with either Friend B or C but not both of them.
Obviously we have got most of the problems ironed out but we lack something. I am assuming it is a port clash maybe... Any ideas.
We are all behind router firewalls (disabled).
We all have ADSL 384kb per second connections. I seriously doubt it could be a bandwidth issue?
If I host with DMZ enabled it makes no differences. I was wondering if it was some kind-of port conflict issue then surely this would fix the problem.
My last resort is to try and join a game with DMZ enabled then surely any port conflict from my side should be eliminated.
Help would be greatly apprieciated. We all live in South Africa and our time zone and international bandwidth retrictions makes it difficult to join other International games. :wacko:

Having a bit of trouble joining a game. We have the same version, that we know for sure. I have turned off my firewall, and I was put in the DMZ of my router. I would have done all the ports listed, but my router A) Does not do ranges. Single Ports ONLY. and B) can only forward 20 ports total. For all games I ever plan on hosting with. Ever. When I am on V-net, and I go to join the game, it prompts me for the password. I enter it, hit enter, and the screen freezes, making me restart my pc. Anyone have any ideas?

I am in desperate need of help. For the life of me, my friend and I cannot get a game of MP Hearts of Iron 2 going! Please, anyone who can help me I would be eternally thankful. Here is all the information as to what I have attempted and such:

First off let me state that my friend and I have been able to play HoI2, but not Doomsday in the past without any apparent problems. The problem only seems to be, from what we can remember, when we switched to playing Doomsday. We don't have Armageddon.

With that said, the current situation as that no matter what we do... who hosts... or what kind of voodoo we attempt, both of us when attempting to join a game receive a "Cannot find host at XX.XX.XX.XX IP. Blah Blah." message. So following the many instructions of this particular thread along with other hints and tips on port forwarding in general from around the net, I have attempted to do so. But still to no avail. Perhaps someone could explain to me a little more in case I am missing something.

I have a D Link DI 524 wireless router that is plugged into the cable modem.
If you look at HKslan's photos on the previous page here you will see what I see when I go to advanced -> applications.

From the following posts responding to his, the way I understand it is he had it backward. The way it should be set up is Trigger Port is just 2300 and Public Ports should have the ranges of 2300-2400,28800-29000,47400-47700? Or is that wrong?

The thing is though, in my searching on the official DLink website, they have a guide for forwarding ports for a handful of games. The way they show it is going into the Firewall menu and doing this:

ports2.jpg

I have a HoI2a, b and c with the Port Ranges of 2300-2400, 28800-29000 and 47400-47700 respectively. The guide suggests this method for the games that have ranges of ports. For games that also require just a single port, the say to go into the Advanced menu and use Virtual Server. I've done this and it looks like:

ports.jpg

and I also have an a,b and c version but it seems like its just 1 port, so I just have the first (2300, 28800 and 47400 as you can see). The Private IP is the computers IP. Or should I be using the Gateway IP which is just x.y.z.1 instead of 100?

Is there anything else I am missing with the router? It does have a DMZ.

The other thing we tried was Himachi. But again with no luck.

Please please help! I will provide any more info you need. All I want to do is play some HoI with my bud.

I see. However my ISP gives me a dynamic IP. That would mean every time I get a new IP I would have to update that line?

In the firewall section it said to use an asterisk in the IP ranges to make it work for "all IPs". Is that super-double secret networking info that I could apply here by putting a * in Private IP? I mean I could just try it...

Thanks so far.

JDubs said:
I see. However my ISP gives me a dynamic IP. That would mean every time I get a new IP I would have to update that line?
No, you private IP is given your computer by router itself so no need to update settings.

hey everyone, i am in need of help, i am at an end with this "no host found at" error.

me and my buddy in California have the game, (yes we both had bought all of it) so i made a version with all of the mods for our little screw around and sent that file to him. We have been playing it on lan, internet for a while, but just two days ago we started getting an error. We have been assured that there is not one little thing different in the game folder, same checksum's, same everything, but no matter which one of us hosts the game neither of us can join, we both get the error.

we did port forwarding, both of us, and tried a couple of other minor things within the modem settings to no avail.

why would it just stop working like this?
is there anything else i can do?

could the problem lie solely with him because of windows vista?

thanks everyone for the help, i hope to get back on multilayer soon as its the best!

helionek said:
Hello, can me anyone say me what Im doing wrong? I cant play HoI2 multiplayer over the Valky or Hamachi. My modem is Dl-524 there are settings:

firewall:
http://img156.imageshack.us/my.php?image=firewallgs5.jpg

application:
http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?image=applicationja7.jpg

Hi! i had quite a lot of problems with setting up for MP game too. your port forward settings looks all right. here just couple of posible ways to solve the problem:
1. disable your firewall ! impotant not only disable your specific firewall software you've got, but also disable windows firewall. to do it go to: control panel - network connections, right click on your local area connection, choose properties, advanced, windows firewall settings. set to disable. you may need to disable your router firewall too.
2. another way - just try to reinstall your firewall so you will delete all old aplication rules for firewall, or just check and delete any firewall rules for HoI2. the same can work for hamachi. ones you'll try to enter VNET, your firewall will ask to create a rule for HOI2 , choose: allow all accoding to it's type : allow all .
in my case, I had a PC crush recently so reinstalled firewall from scrap, HOI2 worked even without disable firewall , before that i had to disable it completly to make things runing smoothly
3. if you have NAT anabled router with dinamic IP you may need to anable DNS too. to do it you have to register first on one of the sites which providing free DNS services and download necessary software. in my case it was dyndns.com it may look complicated but it's not.
4. hamachi - check your hamachi settings , go to preferences, detailed configuration, if you r using NAT router - set TCP and UPD ports manually if not just choose: use web brouser settings.
Good Luck!

I am getting kinda frustrated here...I need some help, do I follow the instructions in the first post for a Linksys BEFW11S4 V4 Wireless-B? I am positive I have done what needs to be done, and yet a friend and I cannot seem to connect. Is there a way I can check to see if the ports are properly opened, or if I am missing a step of some sort? I should mention I am on an actual wireless connection and that my Windows XP Firefall is turned off. I'd appreciate anything someone could do to help.

The messages I get are the unable to find game one. In a direct connection area, I can't get to a hosting screen, and in the gaming room I can, but my friend can't connect to me, or I, her if she hosts.

"This is were it's going to get difficult..."

I got lost within the middle of Step 1!!! Can anyone translate this stuff into English?

If you want to chat properly, I think yes.

i teheath,

Your post is about MP working with Windows XP.Can i use these steps for any other O.S.(such as MAC OS,Linux,ubantu)?
Can you provide some more information about router setup? Thanks for giving your guidance for MP working.

In step 3, you have written about port forwarding. What do you mean by "port forwarding"?

:confused: