• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Lord Ederon said:
If you have time few minutes before 18 CET/17UK/12pm EST/11am Central Time today, we I can help you try it. Provided you have Doomsday 1.3a or Armageddon 1.1, since I have these two installed atm.
So aside from hamachi, anyway to use vnet when you have no access to the router ed?

son of liberty said:
So aside from hamachi, anyway to use vnet when you have no access to the router ed?
It all depends on the network you are in. But generally no.

Sorry if the answer is already in this long thread. I'm not too good on computer technology. I get lost trying to follow all the modem ports, forwarding, ip address talk... I have two computers that share a Belkin F5D7230-4 wireless router. Is there a way to multi-play between my two computers?

Looking for some help. A friend and I tried everything in this thread and a few other threads. Forwarding Ports, Triggers, DMZ, Factory Defaults, Hamachi, etc and nothing works.

We're both behind Linksys routers, my model is WRT54G, not sure what his is. We can see each others games but we cannot join, it gives "No game found on xx.xxx.xxx". As I've said we've tried endless things but nothing will work..... Can I get some help, please? :)

I have the same router as you Kain90 I me self have 2 pc's on my router and have the same issues. I still am yet to find a way to get that to work the correct way for me. I have used everyones ideas and so on, buit still came out to no connection can be made with host.

Does anyone have a correct way to get this to work out? If yes please be so kind and take a few moments and post on our other HOI community website.

The link is in my forum sig.

Thanks
Axxeblitz aka:Rubdog

ok

Ill be in valky shortly Amrageddon 1.1a right?

Not a problem. But I only really play on Aramgeddon platform, which you should think about getting. That said, you should also check out this site, HOI Players: Multiplayer Haven for addicted players , where there is an organized group that plays on this excelent Mod, and have regular games, and also this group which plays mostly on Vanilla DD: Warplan Orange.

Cheers.

Hey, I have a BT Home Hub and I can't play any paradox games on multiplayer. Could someone help me? I've spent at least 3 hours trying to get it to work and nothing is going in my direction! Again, someone who can port forward a BT home hub.

I don't know if this helps, but...

I play Doomsday on my LAN with my stepdad, and it's alot of fun. We wanted to play it with my step-uncle as well, but after almost four hours of technical troubleshooting, we gave up. I've tried everything listed in this thread, and none of it works. We were about to give up on playing HoI on the internet, when I had an idea:

Run a network traffic logger on my computer as I host a perfectly bug-free LAN game.

We fired up a quick LAN server, let 10 days run by so we knew it would work fine, and then I did a manual scan of the traffic. This is what I found:

On our LAN, only three ports were used: UDP 47624, TCP 2300, and UDP 2350. Since we didn't try chatting, it's entirely possible that for in-game chat to work, another port is used. But, for hosting a LAN game, these were the only three ports used. I would ASSUME that in Direct-IP games over the internet, more are used, and in Valkyrienet, even more ports are used. But, forward these three ports, and it should work.

The thing is, and this is very very strange, is that, apparently these ports have to be forwarded on EVERY COMPUTER PLAYING THE GAME. In a normal TCP connection, your computer sends a packet to a port on another computer (for example, TCP 2300). But, your computer also needs to specify a port to receive the reply to that connection. This port is usually chosen at random (in my network traffic scan, it was something like TCP 41902). The thing is, the router/firewall will AUTOMATICALLY let this traffic through because it is a reply that you are expecting. This is why, in most normal games, you only need to forward ports on the server.

In the network scan, what I noticed, however, is that, in addition to a TCP connection from my stepdad's computer on TCP 41902 to my computer hosting a game on TCP 2300, is that my computer, hosting a game, initiated a connection to my STEPDAD's computer on TCP 2300, with randomly(?) chosen port 4672 as the source. This basically means that the client and the host are having two simultaneous conversations at once; but we are all only allowing them to have one (when you port-forward TCP 2300 on the host's router). Also note that, since the host started the second TCP connection, it expects traffic back on TCP 4672 and therefore you do not need to allow for that.

This solution seems VERY strange to me, but then again, I have always had problems playing DirectPlay games on the internet through NAT, and DirectPlay was originally developed before NAT routers were widespread. Finally, it does seem to explain all the issues that I've seen with this game.

The fact that some people are having success with forwarding ports only on the host's router: many routers and router-firewalls work different ways, and often the ways are cryptic and counter-intuitive (my stepdad once spend a month trying to figure out why he couldn't host a server of a different game, eventually finding out that his router's "gaming mode" was in fact the PROBLEM. He actuall yhad to buy a different router to make the server accessable). Some routers may simply look at the second TCP connection from the host and say "hey, I'm expecting traffic back from this guy" without actually looking at the PORT from which it is originating. Other routers, such as mine, would say "yeah, I'm expecting stuff from this guy, but, not on this port. DROPPED".

Anyway, I do want to finish this port by saying that we have not ACTUALLY tested this solution yet. However, within a week or so we'll find out if it works, and I will come back and post my results.

Last edited:
Ok, maybe someone can help.

My brother and I have been trying to get a MP game of DD going.

We both have the same versions, we both have turned our firewalls off (software and router), and we can connect to each other and play other games (CoH, WH10k), but not Doomsday. Regardless of whether we use Hamachi and do LAN games, we try IP, or we try V.net. Nothing works. When trying to use V.net, the game is shown on the forum list, but when I try to connect, it says that no game can be found at that address.

We have both tried hosting, and we have both tried all 3 methods of connection, but nothing works.

Any help?

teheath said:
If you have multiple computers off the same modem, each will get their own NAT, usually, a single digit different from the Gateway address. Even if you have multiple PCs sharing an Internet connection, they all can't play the game simultaneously because you only have a single gateway, and thus can only forward to a single NAT IP at a time.

Thats wrong, several people can play the game from behind the same router & modem, As long as one of them is the Host. The others must connect to his LAN IP using Direct IP connection. And the rest from the outside connects to the modems IP adress.

I have played MP this way myself and know from experiance that it works.

Last edited:
Farkeld said:
Ok, maybe someone can help.

My brother and I have been trying to get a MP game of DD going.

We both have the same versions, we both have turned our firewalls off (software and router), and we can connect to each other and play other games (CoH, WH10k), but not Doomsday. Regardless of whether we use Hamachi and do LAN games, we try IP, or we try V.net. Nothing works. When trying to use V.net, the game is shown on the forum list, but when I try to connect, it says that no game can be found at that address.

We have both tried hosting, and we have both tried all 3 methods of connection, but nothing works.

Any help?

Same issue as me. However, we did get it working once! But after a disconnect everything else has failed.

I believed what we tried was: Hamachi -> HoI2 -> Hosting using LAN but looking for internet games on the client. After this worked, we tried it with DD.