• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
That post was made several years ago and he hasn't posted for years.

"Port forwarding" is about you router, not your OS. Basically you need to get into the Adminstration for your router, and set up "ports" (channels) were data can move freely to and from your computer.

Usually you access the adminstration function of your router (if you have one) by entering your IP address directly into your browser. Then, you have to know the adminstrator name and password.

Does anyone know how can i play this in LAN with my friend. I`we played a lot of games with LAN cabble,but this is the first one i have trouble with. When i host,my friend doesent see my game...pls help,this is my favourite game :D

You host in LAN, and your friend can't see you?

I am having such a hard time getting on to Valkyrienet! Every time I try to connect it says "The main server was not reachable. Please check you are connected to the internet". I used to be able to get on just fine, but since B.T have given us a new router I'm having trouble with all sorts of games online (PDoxgames,Starcraft,RTW).

Still, I've tried everything I can think of to fix the problem. I've disabled windows firewall and my Norton 360 firewall and I've gone into the router settings and opened all the necessary ports. The way it looks on my router its as follows:

Protocol - Port Range - Translate to - Trigger Protocol - Trigger port

TCP - 2300-2400 - 2300-2400 - TCP - 47624
TCP - 28800-29000 - 28800-29000 - TCP - 47624
TCP - 47400-47700 - 47400-47700 - TCP - 47624
TCP 33930-34000 33930-34000 TCP 47624

I'm unable to specify an IP. Instead I create an application listing, set the ports as shown above, and then assign it to a device (my computer). I've tried with the trigger port blank and with 47624 listed as well. Still no luck. I've tried putting myself into DMZ - still nothing. Tried disabling my routers firewall, nothing. I can't think what else it could be really >< Any help getting this to work would be greatly appreciated. I want to play HOI2 and Ricky online again so very much!

That is because they disabled Valkynet, and the only way to join games now is via LAN and direct IP.

I had similar problem. My router doesn't allow me to define port ranges, thus I had to specify them one-by-one. Doing so for 600 ports would kill me, so I forward just these:
47624, 2300, 2301, 2400, 2401, 28800, 29000

And it works well for me.

Will this work for me, if everything else is right will this be the final step, on Armageddon, I can't define ranges?

I'm trying to play off of my university's hall's network, now i have to open the ports in the firewall but it wont allow me to put in a range of ports, i have to give a specific number. I cant open the entire range one by one either as I only have 18(out of 20) slots to play with.
I was wondering if the port number can be pinned down to one number?

*edit*
Ive just seen post #164, it would seem to say that port 47624 is the actual port used
would I be right in thinking that?