• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
No idea.

Post on this board here: http://xsorbit25.com/users5/hoiplayers/index.php and address your post to "Prime Minister Fiend" in the title. He is good with network issues. He posts here once in a while as "Fiend X" but he is most often there.

Veresh said:
ok i really could use some help here, i got 2 comps and me and my friend tries to play local but when we click the local button in hoi 2 dd the game freezes all the time i have tried everyting so anyone know how to fix this? i really need some help thanks. im using a router btw.
Have you tried to wait more than u do normally? Try that, click local and wait few minutes if it "unfreezes". This way we could see whether it's problem of HoI2 (something wrong with installation) or whether it is network problem, with long timeout causing "freeze".

Lord Ederon said:
@pamoer - more important than HoI2 version is your OS (I suppose it's Windows XP), then your router brand, firewall, and network topology (how is your PC connected to the network). Same for your buddy.

Also, try hamachi once more. Find out your (or your friend's) hamachi IP (the one in hamachi's window title). Then start HoI2, go to multiplayer, then Internet and type in hamachi IP of the host (one of you).

Hey Lord Ederon you seem to be the man to ask this.

I have a friend that cant join hosted MP games either on v-net or direct internet and the rest of us cant join his game.

Now if we run Hamachi, we can join eachothers games. When it is possible to get Hamachi to work, is it then also possible to get v-net to work or get direct tcp/ip connection to work. Or can there be some problems with routers so that Hamachi or similar programs is absolutely needed. Since we would rather not use hamachi, if it can be helped.

thx for any help or advice you can give on this.

Gormadoc

Gormadoc said:
When it is possible to get Hamachi to work, is it then also possible to get v-net to work or get direct tcp/ip connection to work.
Is this question?
Or can there be some problems with routers so that Hamachi or similar programs is absolutely needed. Since we would rather not use hamachi, if it can be helped.
Sometimes it's difficult to set routers up, but it's doable. Another problem can be ISP. Tell me what router brand/model your friends has, what OS. Maybe I'll be able to give him few hints.

is it then also possible to get v-net to work or get direct tcp/ip connection to work.
What hamachi does is provide a virtual network between the both of you, so if you try to connect using v-net or direct ip then you're simply ignoring the virtual link already established and trying to establish a new one. So if establishing a real link doesn't work due to routing issues then vnet or direct ip probably wouldn't work either regardless of hamachi. However I've yet to try something like that so I might be wrong, but the logic behind this seems pretty straight forward.

Lord Ederon said:
Is this question?.
Yes

Lord Ederon said:
Sometimes it's difficult to set routers up, but it's doable. Another problem can be ISP. Tell me what router brand/model your friends has, what OS. Maybe I'll be able to give him few hints.
He sits behind a router he has no access to. He dosnt know the brand. So i gues we have to use Hamachi then. Thx anyways

Gormadoc said:
He sits behind a router he has no access to. He dosnt know the brand. So i gues we have to use Hamachi then. Thx anyways
In that case he really needs to use Hamachi or something similar to make it work.

I Have a Belkin router, and I have seen alot of posts on here stating that mp can not be played using them. Well, I am glad to say that with the help of all these posts and a lot of patience, I think I am on the irght road to having it work for me!!!
My router Model number is F5D7230-4, and I live in the Eastern united States with Charter Digital Cable as my ISP.
I went the setup screen online and went the Vitual Servers screen listed under Firewall, on the right of the screen.
In slots 1-8 I have the following port numbers... 2300,2301,2400,2401,28800,29000,47400,47700.
I put them in both the LAN port box and the Public port box, so the same numbers side-by-side. You will need to make sure that you have your own correct LAN IP Adress.
Make sure you have each box clicked 'Enable' and each one will have to be 'set' by hitting the 'set' button.
This game requires the TCP Protocal Type, so do not forget that...
Now, with these settings, I have played a scenario with my JCJS and I have joined a hosted game with my GKCW. My buddy Knupp could not join a game that I hosted, but I will be trying to play with this a little more and keep our community updated on my progress. There is one more port number that I have seen on here that I have not tried to put in so, maybe that is the one I need to host, do not know much about all this either...I will keep everyone posted.
BTW, I do have Hamachi, but do not know much about it, but it almost always enabled and on on my computer, just so that everyone knows.

Did you try these port setting:

2300-2400
28800-29000
47400-47700

This is what mine looks like:

portsettingsbo7.jpg

HOI settings are in slots 3,4 and 5.

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

I may try a few of those and another one I have seen on here that I have not teried yet, but thanks alot cue. Man, 1200 posts since April, your a beast man :D :rofl: :p :cool:

I am just not sure if 2300-2301 to 2400-2401 could be right? These define holes in your gateway, and those are pretty small, but again I am no expert.

Post an image of what you have using Image shack. The link for it is at the bottom of my last post.

I just started trying to get screen shots up on this forum, I do not know alot about all this. I do have an imageshack account for that purpose, but I just do not know about all this...
My screen only asks for my LAN IP adress, protocol type, LAN port(which is a space for a number), and the Public port, also a space for a number. No application is asked for. I have the numbers I posted before in the both the slots, LAN, and Public. 2300, 2301, 2400, 2401, etc.
All I know is that I can join games, and for right now that is just fine, because my Upload is speed is only like 240 for europe andthat aint that great...so it is notlike I will be doing alot of hosting anyhow.... :)

Sorry if someone's already asked and it's been answered, it's a kind of a big thread, but what do I have to include under 'Public Port'? I guess my router is kind of old and I can't forward the ranges without including a Public Port. I have no idea what this could be and Google searches are inconclusive. Please help me with Doomsday's craplousy MP setup. :(

oktr4.jpg

There's something else I'm cofnused about here too, should it all be one entry, separated by commas or something? Also by the looks of it, everything with their ports forwarded that was in their by default, the ranges seem to be in Public Port instead of Trigger. I'm so lost. Here's another screenshot.

wtfsires3.jpg

What kind of router is it?

I will venture a guess. The number might be the first set of numbers in any one of the ports you have set, i.e 2300, or 28800 or 47400. It may be impossible, since HOI ask for three different port settings.

Try the "comma" idea as it is set up in MSN Gaming Zone -- that looks like it might work.

Can you disable that whole function? It may be unecessary.

It's a D-Link DI-614+.

Cueball said:
I will venture a guess. The number might be the first set of numbers in any one of the ports you have set, i.e 2300, or 28800 or 47400. It may be impossible, since HOI ask for three different port settings.

Try the "comma" idea as it is set up in MSN Gaming Zone -- that looks like it might work.[/QUOTE]
Alright, I'll try that now and post back with the results.

Cueball said:
Can you disable that whole function? It may be unecessary.
I've got no idea. :( What should I look for?

It saved, Trigger is 2300 and 'Public' ranges are all separated by commas a la MSN Gaming Zone. Problem is I have no one to test it out with now that the person I was supposed to play with has gone, sorry. :eek:o

I'll post results tomorrow once they're available to help me out with this? Thanks, by the way.

HKslan said:
Problem is I have no one to test it out with now that the person I was supposed to play with has gone, sorry. :eek:o
If you have time few minutes before 18 CET/17UK/12pm EST/11am Central Time today, we I can help you try it. Provided you have Doomsday 1.3a or Armageddon 1.1, since I have these two installed atm.