• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
this game is the single most annoying game in history for multiplayer.. having spent 3 reinstalls and a system restore's worth of time on getting the checksums the same, now i have to f**k about with my router, which i can't do cos B.T. suck. it has tested my patience beyond belief and i know the game rocks multiplayer cos of playing it lan at a mates house... all i want to do is continue that same game online and i can't all becus paradox have a sh*t system. nice one guys.

Hey JihadJoe, tell me more details about your problems, router brand and model and I might be able to help. As well as other guys watching this thread.

cheers for the offer mate but im afraid you can't help... my isp have passworded the router so i can't change any of the settings and won't tell me the password... im right on the verge of using sum password cracking software a mate of mine wrote. but cheers anyway mate....
noice quote tho. the truth is ours... find it.

IndoEsia45 said:
Can i play multiplayer with dial-up modem 56k ?
You can, but it might be little laggy. You'd need to play at slower speeds.

Hello i have a problem with the MP playing

That when i want to host a game in valkrinet it asks for somekind password and when i use the internet option the buttons do not respond plus i dont have the router

please someone help me :confused: :(

Here it is Rommel.

Ok, I hope you guys can help me out here. Me and a mate tried to start alittle game tonight, but we couldn't connect to each other. Every time we got that pesky "No game at IP" error. So, we tried Hamachi. Nothing. We tried Hamchi + our WAN IP:s on Internet. Nothing. After 2-3 hours of testing different IP:s and a bucketload of other stuff, we've pretty much called it a day and given up. But still, we'd like to play sometime. :p
We have gotten it working one or two times before, about 2 months ago, but neither of us remember what we did to get it going, as there we're issues then too. But I know for sure we didn't mess with any ports (both of us are behind routers, me behind a 3com wireless and he a Dlink). I tried opening some ports tonight, still got the same error. The problem with the ports is that I can't open port ranges, only ten specific ports. Therefor I only opened four of the ports Lord Ederon posted on page 3.
Any idea of a solution?
Both of us use DD 1.3a.

@pamoer - more important than HoI2 version is your OS (I suppose it's Windows XP), then your router brand, firewall, and network topology (how is your PC connected to the network). Same for your buddy.

Also, try hamachi once more. Find out your (or your friend's) hamachi IP (the one in hamachi's window title). Then start HoI2, go to multiplayer, then Internet and type in hamachi IP of the host (one of you).

Thanks for the reply.
Both of us runs XP SP2, my router is a 3Com Officeconnect wireless router, I belive his is a Dlink Dl-604. I run wireless from a laptop, he's connected by wire. When we tried last night I had just the XP-firewall running (which was set to allow HoI2.exe) and I don't think he had any firewall running.

I belive that was one of the first things we tried, no such luck though.

pamoer said:
I belive that was one of the first things we tried, no such luck though.
If it worked once, then stopped working, something has to change in between. Try to remember what could change in your setup between those two points.

If you fail to remember (which can be really hard, even more when both of you have to recall it), you must try to set up your routers to forwards needed ports.

We are also experiencing difficulties getting HoI2 Doomday.....latest version 1.3a to network ......what a surprise. We are both using BT voyager wireless routers. Have done all that we seem to be required to do but still no joy. Now we do have a couple of queries that if some kind soul out there could answer, might solve our problem although my gut reaction is to doubt it. Still here goes.

Now we can enter the port forwarding ranges OK...... slight query. In this thread one of the three ranges shown is 47400 - 47700, another shows it as a single number 47624 does it matter whether we enter the range or the single number?

When we get to the screen where we enter the port forwarding ranges there is a checkbox that gives us IP FILTERING - disabled or enabled. Its set for enabled. Should we change this to disabled?

Similarly when entering the port forwarding ranges there are further checkboxes that ask whether the IP FILTERING is Inbound or Outbound. You can only set for one or the other. We set them for Inbound. Is that right or should it be Outbound? Or should be enter the ranges twice, once for Inbound and again for Outbound? Are we allowed to enter the ranges twice? Is a puzzlement.

Finally in the orginal post there was a bit abount UPnP......now neither of us can find any reference to this in our router settings screens should it be or is it lurking there somewhere? If so where?

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated

Quick question about the ports to forward.

Why are the ranges so big?

2300-2400 (100 Gap)
28800-29000 (200 Gap)
47400-47700 (300 Gap)

Surely I don't need so many ports open just for a 2 player Multi game?

I assume these ports are still used in Armageddon?

Thanks.

Webley said:
Quick question about the ports to forward.

Why are the ranges so big?

2300-2400 (100 Gap)
28800-29000 (200 Gap)
47400-47700 (300 Gap)

Surely I don't need so many ports open just for a 2 player Multi game?

I assume these ports are still used in Armageddon?

Thanks.
Using one/two ports from each ranage should be enough. Yes for DDA.

Soundoff said:
We are also experiencing difficulties getting HoI2 Doomday.....latest version 1.3a to network ......what a surprise. We are both using BT voyager wireless routers. Have done all that we seem to be required to do but still no joy. Now we do have a couple of queries that if some kind soul out there could answer, might solve our problem although my gut reaction is to doubt it. Still here goes.

Now we can enter the port forwarding ranges OK...... slight query. In this thread one of the three ranges shown is 47400 - 47700, another shows it as a single number 47624 does it matter whether we enter the range or the single number?

When we get to the screen where we enter the port forwarding ranges there is a checkbox that gives us IP FILTERING - disabled or enabled. Its set for enabled. Should we change this to disabled?

Similarly when entering the port forwarding ranges there are further checkboxes that ask whether the IP FILTERING is Inbound or Outbound. You can only set for one or the other. We set them for Inbound. Is that right or should it be Outbound? Or should be enter the ranges twice, once for Inbound and again for Outbound? Are we allowed to enter the ranges twice? Is a puzzlement.

Finally in the orginal post there was a bit abount UPnP......now neither of us can find any reference to this in our router settings screens should it be or is it lurking there somewhere? If so where?

Any assistance would be gratefully appreciated

Ah well then, so no one out there can help in any way. Hmmm, now as I'm not even worthy of a beta or developers cursory answer I can only assume that the multiplayer function is crap....unless you have the 'right sort' of router...whatever that might be. Ah well Paradox....one less customer at this end. And though to the fraternity I will not be missed..to Paradox my money and my recommendation to other gamers will

Soundoff said:
Try Hamachi, it's software which creates virtual LAN over the Internet and in most cases enables people to play without having to worry about port forwarding or anything like that. It's the easiest solution I know about and works in 95% cases. Only downside is you can't play via VNet, but that's not a problem when you play with regular group or your buddy. If you go this way, just remember to create/join games via 'LAN' in HoI2 (no valkyrienet). You can use 'Internet' too, but then you have to fill in IP of host.
What is posted two post above seems to be true. Is Certainly right for me.
Dunno what is meant by it in, but try to enable inbound first, then try the game. If it doesn't work, disable it completely. If it doesn't work yet, try other option. Try-error method is sometimes needed.
See above.
Just ignore UPnP. If you set up port forwarding properly, you're set for MP.

Lord Ederon said:
Try Hamachi, it's software which creates virtual LAN over the Internet and in most cases enables people to play without having to worry about port forwarding or anything like that. It's the easiest solution I know about and works in 95% cases. Only downside is you can't play via VNet, but that's not a problem when you play with regular group or your buddy. If you go this way, just remember to create/join games via 'LAN' in HoI2 (no valkyrienet). You can use 'Internet' too, but then you have to fill in IP of host.

What is posted two post above seems to be true. Is Certainly right for me.
Dunno what is meant by it in, but try to enable inbound first, then try the game. If it doesn't work, disable it completely. If it doesn't work yet, try other option. Try-error method is sometimes needed.

See above.

Just ignore UPnP. If you set up port forwarding properly, you're set for MP.

Many thanks for the response Lord Ederon, we might still not get there but at least we no longer feel we are out on a limb on our own.

mp freezes

ok i really could use some help here, i got 2 comps and me and my friend tries to play local but when we click the local button in hoi 2 dd the game freezes all the time i have tried everyting so anyone know how to fix this? i really need some help thanks. im using a router btw.