• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Harlequin-SR

Recruit
24 Badges
Mar 3, 2018
  • BATTLETECH
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • BATTLETECH - Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Beta Backer
  • BATTLETECH - Initiate of the Order
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
Hi,

Bought Stellaris via STEAM some years ago. Always temperamental with failed launches and crashes, but could usually get going after a few restarts. Installed and signed up for new Paradox launcher problems have worsened and i have had to uninstall/reinstall Stellaris. It has only run once correctly since, i think late last year(?).

I'd like to play what i have paid for and have changed launch settings to full screen, updated my nVidia drivers etc... and still no joy. I'm not a coder so really looking for a "please follow simple instructions" to get the game to work. Should Stellaris come with a not for non-coders warning now and if not how do i fix the problem?

Or is there a tech support team beyond the community help via this forum?

Thanks
Brant

In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless. THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, Has the game ever run successfully on this computer? Or never?

IF IT USED TO RUN:
Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.

IF NEVER:
Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting from this download)

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

• 1Like
Reactions: