• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This is both a game question and then a wiki edit question (I just made my first wiki edit today, so please be gentle):

Did 3.6 do away with the Rare Crystals costs for armor modules, like Advanced Shields and Hyper Shields using Exotic Gases? If so, the wiki doesn't show any increase in Alloy cost from Plasteel to Durasteel Armor - is that accurate?

If not, how would I add Rare Crystals back to the Cost cells? Is it just a copy & paste basically from the Shield Cost cells, and then a changing of the image value?

This is both a game question and then a wiki edit question (I just made my first wiki edit today, so please be gentle):

Did 3.6 do away with the Rare Crystals costs for armor modules, like Advanced Shields and Hyper Shields using Exotic Gases? If so, the wiki doesn't show any increase in Alloy cost from Plasteel to Durasteel Armor - is that accurate?

If not, how would I add Rare Crystals back to the Cost cells? Is it just a copy & paste basically from the Shield Cost cells, and then a changing of the image value?
According to the game files (the armor components info is located in "Stellaris\common\component_templates\00_utilities.txt") there is a difference in alloy cost between the 3rd and 4th armor levels.

Regarding the wiki editing, it depends on how the info is presented. If it is only a number then edit the numbers and you're done. If you need to add an icon then use the icon template (with the name of the material) and add the relevant number.

If you are just starting out and want to learn more, you can copy the page to your user page and mess with it over there without worrying of breaking something up. If you need help, feel free to PM me or one of the wiki team members (we'll try to answer as soon as we are free).

Dear Wiki team, if you get a chance, could you bounce the Varnish cache / proxy / whatever service in front of the wiki servers?

Some of my IPs can't reach the PDX wiki right now.

The forums had this issue from some IPs but the recent forum maintenance bounces seem to have fixed this issue for the forums.

Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 12.20.46 PM.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
Dear Wiki team, if you get a chance, could you bounce the Varnish cache / proxy / whatever service in front of the wiki servers?

Some of my IPs can't reach the PDX wiki right now.

The forums had this issue from some IPs but the recent forum maintenance bounces seem to have fixed this issue for the forums.

View attachment 941782
What OS and browser do you use?

What OS and browser do you use?

I can get to the wiki just fine when I change my IP address using a VPN or proxy.

It's not my browser nor my OS, it's your varnish service.

But not everyone has the option to use a VPN for wiki access, so I'm suggesting you bounce the varnish services at your earliest convenience. :)

Reactions:
According to the game files (the armor components info is located in "Stellaris\common\component_templates\00_utilities.txt") there is a difference in alloy cost between the 3rd and 4th armor levels.
There isn't, actually - the t3_cost and t4_cost scripted variables are the same because it's expected that components add an additional rare resource cost at that tier, and armor is the only component that doesn't. Consequently all armor components at t4 and above are undercosted by a tier, which is one of component stat bugs I noticed during the combat beta but don't remember if I've gotten around to reporting yet or not.

Reactions:
There isn't, actually - the t3_cost and t4_cost scripted variables are the same because it's expected that components add an additional rare resource cost at that tier, and armor is the only component that doesn't. Consequently all armor components at t4 and above are undercosted by a tier, which is one of component stat bugs I noticed during the combat beta but don't remember if I've gotten around to reporting yet or not.
Thanks for the looking this up.
I was in a hurry so I stopped after finding they had different scripted costs and didn't look up their actual value.
Could you post the file the scripted cost values are located in? -- I'd like to add them as a source to the page so others will know where to look for the info (for example, as was done for laws in V3).

Thanks for the looking this up.
I was in a hurry so I stopped after finding they had different scripted costs and didn't look up their actual value.
Could you post the file the scripted cost values are located in? -- I'd like to add them as a source to the page so others will know where to look for the info (for example, as was done for laws in V3).
They're in common\scripted_variables\02_scripted_variables_component_cost.txt!

I never quite managed to derive the exact formula they're generated from. I think there's some rounding going on which makes it hard for me to tell if a value is off or not, except in some of the more obvious cases like the alloy upkeep for Large Dark Matter Deflectors (@shield_l_t6_upkeep_alloys) being 0.104 (~0.182% cost) instead of 0.114 (0.2%).

Reactions:
Feature request: The ability to create 'historical' versions of pages (similar to how there's a console version accessible from a tab at the top), which keeps track of removed mechanics and the previous versions of changed ones and what game versions they were added/changed/removed with.

I'd like to be able to go and check what the original version of something was without needing to flip through several hundred View History revisions.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's not as fast as what you're looking for but if you know the release date of a patch you can click on filter revisions and write the day before.

Feature request: The ability to create 'historical' versions of pages (similar to how there's a console version accessible from a tab at the top), which keeps track of removed mechanics and the previous versions of changed ones and what game versions they were added/changed/removed with.

I'd like to be able to go and check what the original version of something was without needing to flip through several hundred View History revisions.
If you think a particular past mechanic is important or interesting enough to link to, I'd make a footnote linking to the most recent version(s) of a page containing information on that mechanic.

In this days wiki is giving some problem to load the site. I’m getting error 502 or 503 when I try to open a page of the wiki. There are some news about it?
Same for me too. For all browsers I use (Edge, Firefox and Chrome). (Also fromm all devies; it doe snot matter if I try from a mobile using android or a computer with windows)

• 1Like
Reactions:
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)

Is what I get around 1/3 the time trying to reach the wiki, another 1/3 various versions of:

Error 503 first byte timeout
first byte timeout
Error 54113
Details: cache-fra-eddf8230034-FRA 1679171909 935902275

Sometimes it even works.
Looks like traffic is much too high for what the bandwidth can handle but also something else seems to be amiss.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We have been experiencing some issues with the servers lately
Thanks for the answere.
Just to stress and clarify the "some issues" aspect... it is close to not usuable.
Which is quite sad since the wiki is really good and as complex as Stellaris is, from my point of view, a really essential part of of the game.

So, kudos to all those who contributed and are all the time working in the newest changes. Great work!!!
Shame on the "server" to sabotage it.
Please, Paradox, allocate more technical and/or financial resources in whatever neccessary form to the wiki.

UPDATE: At some time during the night (CET) the problems vanished and the wiki started to be normally accessable again, thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: