• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There are no modifiers by robot assembly

I know there are 2 techs, 1 tradition, and 1 civic that increase assembly speed for ME.
There are also 2 traits (1 positive and 1 negative) and a relic (see patch notes) that increases assembly speed.
And for normal empires, there is the flesh is weak ascension.

If you type the exact name of a wiki page in the search you find nothing (because of cache issue).
This page exists since over 3 weeks.

Beside this, the Wiki Search is in general the worst I've ever seen in my life. I know what I'm talking about, because I volunteered for Mediawiki long time ago and created several bug reports (I was a small tech admin too).

"On actions" https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/On_actions

I also get nearly on every first search a fake sever time out (because the error appears immediately).

PS: e.g. the same with the new page "Inline scripts" (even older)

Last edited:
Reactions:
If you type the exact name of a wiki page in the search you find nothing (because of cache issue).
This page exists since over 3 weeks.

Beside this, the Wiki Search is in general the worst I've ever seen in my life. I know what I'm talking about, because I volunteered for Mediawiki long time ago and created several bug reports (I was a small tech admin too).

"On actions" https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/On_actions

I also get nearly on every first search a fake sever time out (because the error appears immediately).

PS: e.g. the same with the new page "Inline scripts" (even older)
Thanks for letting us know.
For some reason it bugs out and needs a manual fix every few weeks. We'll have someone look at it on Monday.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The CSS seems to have stopped functioning entirely correctly. Icons and images aren't loading, and the content section of the page isn't centred correctly.

It makes things a little awkward to read, and just looks plain bad. I figured you might already be aware because it's happened multiple times, and yet after a few weeks someone has (usually) fixed it again, at which point it breaks the next month.
1669934289956.png

The CSS seems to have stopped functioning entirely correctly. Icons and images aren't loading, and the content section of the page isn't centred correctly.

It makes things a little awkward to read, and just looks plain bad. I figured you might already be aware because it's happened multiple times, and yet after a few weeks someone has (usually) fixed it again, at which point it breaks the next month.
View attachment 921868
You are using the mobile view on a desktop browser. you can fix that by clicking on "desktop" at the bottom of the page or by using this link. If this keeps happening, it might be because you have a bookmark or followed a link which includes the switch to the mobile view. And I guess it fixes itself when the cookie which remembers this preference gets cleared or expires.

• 1Like
Reactions:
You are using the mobile view on a desktop browser. you can fix that by clicking on "desktop" at the bottom of the page or by using this link. If this keeps happening, it might be because you have a bookmark or followed a link which includes the switch to the mobile view. And I guess it fixes itself when the cookie which remembers this preference gets cleared or expires.

Oooooh. It's a cookie? Shroud-be-damned.

Thanks. Now I feel dumb, but at least the wiki looks good again.

Last edited by a moderator:
To those who edit the Stellaris Wiki, there are two sets of information that I can't seem to find:

One is a comprehensive list of ways to get extra Trait Points and extra Trait Picks (slots) when GeneModding or RoboModding. Techs, Ascension Paths, Relics, etc.

The other is a comprehensive list of the ways to get bonuses to automatic resettlement of unEmployed Pops. Like Democracy, Transit Hubs, that ME Tradition, etc.

The Wiki usually has such lists, in each article, so that the player can get an overview of all the "paths" to get "more of X", and that's super useful. However, I can't find the information for these two subjects. It's not that the lists aren't comprehensive, or that they're not updated to 3.6, but that the lists apparently don't exist at all.

(For that matter, sources of bonuses to modification speed also appear to be absent.)

To those who edit the Stellaris Wiki, there are two sets of information that I can't seem to find:

One is a comprehensive list of ways to get extra Trait Points and extra Trait Picks (slots) when GeneModding or RoboModding. Techs, Ascension Paths, Relics, etc.

The other is a comprehensive list of the ways to get bonuses to automatic resettlement of unEmployed Pops. Like Democracy, Transit Hubs, that ME Tradition, etc.

The Wiki usually has such lists, in each article, so that the player can get an overview of all the "paths" to get "more of X", and that's super useful. However, I can't find the information for these two subjects. It's not that the lists aren't comprehensive, or that they're not updated to 3.6, but that the lists apparently don't exist at all.

(For that matter, sources of bonuses to modification speed also appear to be absent.)
This page: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Population_modification should have all of the pop modification info you want.
As for auto-resettlement, I'll make a note to review that next time I'm going through such things, if no one else gets it first.

Reactions:
If anyone's interested, here's how to create and update modifier tables. It will be easier to explain with an example. Let's say we want to update the Governing Ethics Attraction table. Here are the steps:
  1. Find its internal name by looking for something you know adds it. For example the One Vision ascension perk adds Governing Ethics Attraction. So we look in the ascension perks file (Stellaris/common/ascension_perks/00_ascension_perks.txt) for One Vision, check its effects and find it's called "pop_government_ethic_attraction".
  2. Copy that name and use Notepad++ or some equivalent text editor to search for it in the entire Stellaris/common folder.
  3. Check all results, every single one is a source of Governing Ethics Attraction. Negative values subtract it.
oie_3q8LOdKM2upy.png

• 1Like
Reactions:
A few hours ago, someone posted in the subReddit asking for a list of all the ways to get reductions to Building/District Upkeep.

I assumed it'd be in the Wiki, but I've just looked, and there doesn't appear to be a section in the article on Buildings that compiles all the sources of Upkeep reduction. Given that in some cases, Upkeep includes 1 or 2 or more Strategic Resoruces, every reduction has value!

The wiki is maintained by volunteer editors. While it is fine to post requests from time to time, no need to overdo it. (Refer to the post above yours on how to edit that info into the wiki).

I'm also sure the wiki editors will be happy to see their work appreciated so it would be nice for users to hit that "thanks" button next to the edit history from time to time.

• 2Like
Reactions:
P34: "Put this on the wiki for me."

PDX: "Here's how to do it yourself."

P34: "Just do it for me."

PDX: "Wikis exist as a place where you can do it yourself."

P34: "I can't relate to people with no ambition. Bye."

Irony: a case study.

• 4Haha
Reactions:
I've been considering creating a page with every stat sorted alphabetically and listing every possible source. The problem is that there's probably around 200 different stats if not more. Updating it after each version would be too much for users even with the tutorial listed above, at best some users would update some stats that interest them particularly but we would still end up with a page of mismatched versions.

To get an idea why I scrapped the idea, take a look at the civics page to find more than 50 stats there alone (i.e. fire rate, energy from jobs, starbase influence cost, robot upkeep, biology research speed, war exhaust gain, and so on). And civics only affect a portion of the total stats in the game.

• 2Like
Reactions: