The description of the "Consume World" decision isn't up to date. In a current game I got significantly different results.
Rrepeatedly reloading a save from 1 day before the decision is completed let me produce the following results:
1. completion always resulted in 2 blockers, never 1. These blockers cost 1000 energy and 360 days to remove, but cannot be removed by hiveminds. Theblockers block one district and -10% habitability each,. Therefore the net result of consume world is -20% habitability and -2 free districts.
2. The total number of districts remains unchanged! Therefore it can never reach 0 as described in the Wiki.
3. The benefits I've seen in about a dozen tries were one of:
- 100 alloys (not 300-1500)
- 500 minerals
- or 1 pop
No idea whether there are other results. If anyone feels like trying I can provide the save, but maybe there's a better way to retrieve the possible results directly form the game files?
4. You don't need to watch the state of your game to find out what happened - the game informs you whether you got minerals alloys or a pop.
I think it's important to fix this, because there is virtually no in-game information and it can be rather bad to use the decision on some planets if you don't know what to expect.