• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Could you please be a bit more specific?
What do you feel is outdated? What do you recommend to replace/add it with? (with a link if possible)
E.g. needed features are this https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/User:Firegolem/common.js (also years old)
No syntax-highlighting for wikicode (which is long time default on Wikipedia)
No specific tool buttons, e.g. code, {{ }}, nbsp, pre
(features for saving and loading the wiki-pages local)
No user scripts allowed.
This Wiki runs at minimum.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Attention all agents!

Our superior intelligence agency has managed to procure a large amount of info from the menacing Platypus Emporium military research network. It is not yet known what is the nature of said info, but those darn Platypi cannot be trusted.

This is a call to all agents to assist in the decryption operation starting at 2021-04-15 @ 18:00 CEST until 2021-04-23 @ 18:00 CEST. The collaboration effort will be carried over on the S.T.E.L.L.A.R.I.S-W.I.K.I servers.

You will find the data has been transmitted to your secret project folder, codename "Stellaris". The best agents will earn fame (and Prizes!).

We hope to see you there,
Wiki Custodian team

The description of the "Consume World" decision isn't up to date. In a current game I got significantly different results.

Rrepeatedly reloading a save from 1 day before the decision is completed let me produce the following results:
1. completion always resulted in 2 blockers, never 1. These blockers cost 1000 energy and 360 days to remove, but cannot be removed by hiveminds. Theblockers block one district and -10% habitability each,. Therefore the net result of consume world is -20% habitability and -2 free districts.
2. The total number of districts remains unchanged! Therefore it can never reach 0 as described in the Wiki.
3. The benefits I've seen in about a dozen tries were one of:
- 100 alloys (not 300-1500)
- 500 minerals
- or 1 pop
No idea whether there are other results. If anyone feels like trying I can provide the save, but maybe there's a better way to retrieve the possible results directly form the game files?
4. You don't need to watch the state of your game to find out what happened - the game informs you whether you got minerals alloys or a pop.

I think it's important to fix this, because there is virtually no in-game information and it can be rather bad to use the decision on some planets if you don't know what to expect.

Nice find, this hasn't been in any patch notes since Lithoids came out. I've updated the values. When reward values are within a range the reward scales with your monthly income.

The Physics page on the Stellaris Wiki is still only updated for version 2.8, even though 3.1 came out months ago, and 3.0 months before that! And I know for a fact that 3.0 added several Techs that are rather important, but whose prerequisites and draw weights one cannot find in the Wiki.

It's obvious that whatever incentive system Paradox uses to encourage people to contribute to the Wiki, isn't enough to make sure that difficult and labour-intensive pages are updated in an at-all timely manner.

The Physics page on the Stellaris Wiki is still only updated for version 2.8, even though 3.1 came out months ago, and 3.0 months before that! And I know for a fact that 3.0 added several Techs that are rather important, but whose prerequisites and draw weights one cannot find in the Wiki.

It's obvious that whatever incentive system Paradox uses to encourage people to contribute to the Wiki, isn't enough to make sure that difficult and labour-intensive pages are updated in an at-all timely manner.

The incentive is that people can update the pages if they want to. We occasionally run contests alongside major releases which generally bump forward a lot of the content. There's one person paid for a few hours time a week to run all the wikis, this involves a lot of behind the scenes work so edits are low down on the list.

If you have any suggestions of how a team (excepting one person), staffed by volunteers can get the wikis updated, I am all ears.

Until then, here's the list of outdated pages: https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Category:Articles_by_version happy updating.

Last edited:
CPU footprint.png

Wiki is currently uneditable due to massive slowdown, anyone know what's up?

View attachment 781006
Wiki is currently uneditable due to massive slowdown, anyone know what's up?
A fix was deployed to fix a few issues on the wikis (such as enabling the visual editor) and it also rebuilt the search cache.
It should be back to normal now. Please let us know if you continue to experience further issues.
Someone has finally updated the Physics, Engineering and Society Tech Wiki pages to be up-to-date for 3.1. Nice!
It was one of the wiki team members, though as always, we encourage users to take action and update articles dear to them instead of waiting in the hopes that it will be done by others.

Could the iconbox template be tweaked so there's an optional field to replace the box title, for cases where the title isn't the same as the image name? I'm not quite sure how do do it myself. EDIT: Nevermind, this functionality actually exists but isn't documented.

Also, is the blank black-ish circle image used as a background for mod icons available anywhere?

EDIT: Is there a vetting process for new templates, or can I just create one?

Last edited:
On the Guardians page under Enigmatic Fortress it says "Gestalt Consciousness empires will automatically get the rewards above upon defeating the Fortress, skipping the event chain entirely". I am currently playing a Machine Intelligence empire and still got the event chain. So either that piece of information is wrong or its only true if you have certain dlc.

Having problems with pictures on most wikis on mobile version: all images that are under categories-spoilers do not load at all. Works normally if desktop version enabled
Xiaomi phone, Chrome browser

Screenshot_2022-01-08-20-00-17-014_com.android.chrome.jpg

Pressing search is also broken

Screenshot_2022-01-08-20-00-45-597_com.android.chrome.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: