Stellaris - Wells 2.7.2 [60bf] - Enabling population controls forces all species living standards from "Academic privilege" to "Transubstantiation syn

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

spawarotti

Recruit
20 Badges
Oct 23, 2020
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
Description
Wells 2.7.2 [60bf] - Enabling population controls forces all species living standards from "Academic privilege" to "Transubstantiation synthesis"

Game Version
Wells 2.7.2 [60bf]

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Enabling population controls forces all species living standards from "Academic privilege" to "Transubstantiation synthesis". This cannot be changed back. Please see the attached screenshots.

PLEASE NOTE: I reproduced the issue WITHOUT any mods enabled. Even though the screenshots use UI mods.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Load the attached save game (no mods, all DLCs).
2. Observe the super-humans living standards are "Academic privilege". (before_living_standards.png)
3. Set population controls to enabled. (action_change_pop_controls.png)
4. Observe that now the super-humans living standard is the "Transubstantiation synthesis". (after_living_standards.png)
5. Try to change it back to "Academic privilege". If you do it, it will grey it out and force to "Transubstantiation synthesis". (after_living_standards_after_change_attempt.png)
6. If you now wait until the end of the month, the happiness drop from the synthesis will kick in.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• action_change_pop_controls.png
    action_change_pop_controls.png
    488,2 KB · Views: 0
  • after_living_standards.png
    after_living_standards.png
    444,6 KB · Views: 0
  • after_pop.png
    after_pop.png
    955,4 KB · Views: 0
  • ater_living_standards_after_change_attempt.png
    ater_living_standards_after_change_attempt.png
    461,4 KB · Views: 0
  • before_living_standards.png
    before_living_standards.png
    474,5 KB · Views: 0
  • before_pop.png
    before_pop.png
    903,3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2302.11.29 transub bug report.sav
    2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it is related to pop controls. The species stuck in synthesis (both cybog / synth and transcendence) has been around for too long, many threads (and yet no solution).

One way I got around this is to not have assimilation as default right. Try to change the top level species from assimilation to something else. If you have both species you can always just "apply" the template and convert them this way. This has been a workaround for me.

I'm not sure if it is related to pop controls. The species stuck in synthesis (both cybog / synth and transcendence) has been around for too long, many threads (and yet no solution).

One way I got around this is to not have assimilation as default right. Try to change the top level species from assimilation to something else. If you have both species you can always just "apply" the template and convert them this way. This has been a workaround for me.

Hey, thanks for the workaround. Before your reply, I figured out another one, using save-game editing [1]. I compared the save state files before and after pop control change with notepad++ "compare" plugin, and reverted back the change to living standards. Worked like a charm :)

I can confirm that changes to default rights also cause the bug.

[1] for those interested: google for "stellaris save game editing" to find relevant article on the wiki.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Still seems to be an issue on 2.8, just fyi!

My specific way to reproduce is:
1. Get "Flesh is weak" AP
2. Finish Cyborg Project
3. Set Original Main species (the ones that aren't cyborg) to Assimilation
4. Either manually change living conditions on cyborgs or wait for another trigger that would refresh the living conditions

--> Now the living conditions will automatically toggle to Transubstantiation Synthesis on the cyborg species, even though It shouldn't have it (and not even be possible since it's not an assimilating species, I couldn't even manually select it if I wanted to).

I hope this helps the devs with the reproduction of the issue!
I couldn't find any logic in the moddable files to fix it by mod, so either I didn't look hard enough or the issue's deeper in the game logic/engine.

Last edited:
I'm on 2.8.1 and just got the same bug.

What triggered the bug was:
- Get Flesh is Weak
- Set citizenship for main species to Assimilation
- Get Synthetic Evolution

The rights for the modified (synthetic) species will be: citizenship = Full Citizenship, living standards = Transubstantiation Synthesis.
After 10 years, if I try to change the living standards for the modified species to Academic Privilege, the game will reset them to Transubstantiation Synthesis and restart the 10-year timer.

Yes, this is still around. Workaround: don't set assimilation as the default species right. Annoying when you conquer other species, but this solves the issue. I think the problem is more likely to occur if there are non-cybernetic or non-robot main species in other empires. So neither your main species should be set to assimilation nor the default right. If you get more of your main species you can just apply the template.

Hi, thanks for the report. We're aware of this issue and are investigating it.
you need to investigate more...cause this bug broke my game last night...but it happened differently.

As soon as i researched Synthetics..all my main species entered into the Transubstantiation synthesis and caused mass riots, took me a minute to figure out wth was going on. Couldnt get them out of it at all..finally found a work around..but so much stuff was bugged i just left. For example...all the robots i had enslaved from other species..started to get the Cyborg trait....and my planets refused to make my brand of robots..instead only wanting to make the inferior slave robots i had taken from other planets

.and my planets refused to make my brand of robots..instead only wanting to make the inferior slave robots i had taken from other planets

Yea that's annoying. You can manually select on each and every world which robot type to build. But this is tedious AF. I know, one can try to specialize, but honestly, I would prefer a better system for this. Another thing - you cannot delete obsolete designs from this robot construction list. So the list gets longer and longer the more you play and it takes forever to scroll through it. Please let us edit this list. If I just want to build 1 type of robot / synth, I should be able to just remove all other templates from the build list.