Duplicate Stellaris - [v2.8.1](dfce) Citadels currently don't have the power to fill their modules

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

vonriel

Corporal
26 Badges
Jul 28, 2013
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
Description
[v2.8.1](dfce) Citadels currently don't have the power to fill their modules

Game Version
Butler v2.8.1

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All of them

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
When I upgraded my starbase to a citadel, for whatever reason, it tried to run twice as many shield slots as armor slots. The end result is that it doesn't have enough power to put weapons in all its weapon slots, or even max-tier shields in all the utility slots it tries to fill with shields.

Check the screenshot to see my starbase's current loadout. It recently updated because I added a new missile slot to it. As you can see, 11 of the guided slots are currently empty, and half its shields are tier IV instead of tier V. The total power requirements for all the components on it comes to 3194, and the tier V power generator generates 3200.

Opinions about balance and relevance aside, this is ridiculous. It's not using any special components, it's not modded, and I can't customize it, so it's apparently deliberately designed so the player can't use citadels at full strength. Even without the weapon batteries, it still wouldn't have enough power to run full tier V shields on a tier V reactor.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Upgrade a starbase to a Citadel
2. Fill it with 6 weapon battery modules
3. Check the details on the starbase and see the empty slots

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    994,7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This is the fault of the implementation of the juggernaut. Starbases and juggernaut use the same powerlevel and when the juggernaut was introduced, the powerlevel was drastically lowered, causing citadels to run out of power. (I really believed this was fixed, but as i use ariphaos inofficial patch, which fixes the issue i never really checked.)

Reactions:
This has been a VERY long running issue. Somewhat related to this thread:
and this thread:

You'll notice it's been extant since 2.6.1. It's a fairly easy fix, although some of the other auto fitting stuff is still screwy even after you have the right power. But that's a different thread. In short, autofitting, and ESPECIALLY starbase autofitting are in a really bad state right now. If any of you guys notice any of these issues, I'd encourage you to upvote any of these threads that have them. Maybe if enough threads get upvoted, these will get looked at.

The ai cannot use starbase for other than anchorages anyway. Else the player would outfleet the ai even sooner. It is basically an player only issue and as starbases as defences lose their purpose during midgame i only can imagine that they are on low priority. Thats the only reason i can imagine why this is still not fixed even though there are dozens of bugfix mods for it out.

The ai cannot use starbase for other than anchorages anyway.
They do, actually. Lost 20 corvettes to this:
20210312222931_1.jpg
Not that AI should do that (especially in the long run), or that it makes starbases viable later on, when power becomes an issue. Still, it's not something that should be overlooked.

• 1Like
Reactions: