Duplicate Stellaris - Transcendence gets awakened pops stuck on the "Awakening" living standard post-assimilation.

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

KernelD

Corporal
26 Badges
Oct 23, 2016
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Magicka
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Description
Transcendence gets awakened pops stuck on the "Awakening" living standard post-assimilation.

Game Version
v3.0.1 (c04b)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
After taking the Transcendence ascension perk, all of my core species are now stuck on the "Transcendent Awakening" living standard for -25% happiness, despite being full citizens and not in the process of assimilation.

Attempting to swap them to "Stratified Economy" did nothing but lock the living standard to Transcendent Awakening for 10 years.

May or may not be related to having 3 pops of my founder species somehow avoid being awakened immediately, then having to assimilate those 3 manually. I did not check the state before that assimilation was complete.

Note that *only* my founder species has this issue. All other species I have assimilated reverted to a proper living standard post-assimilation.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Select Transcendence ascension perk.
2 (unknown if necessary). Set the non-psionic base form of the founder species to Assimilation. Have 1 or more pops of founder species that did not automatically gain the Psionic trait be assimilated after the fact.
3. Check the living standard of the psionic form of the founder species. It should now be listed as Transcendent Awakening instead of a normal, non-assimilation standard.

This was tested with a xenophile, spiritualist, authoritarian empire, so the standard it should've reverted to was Stratified Economy.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• stellaris species rights are wrong.png
    stellaris species rights are wrong.png
    2,1 MB · Views: 0
  • ironman.sav
    1,7 MB · Views: 0
You might be able to work around this bug if you create a species template and maybe you can set the template's living standard before applying it to the entire species.

I had this issue and fixed it by saving and reloading, although I also had just screwed it up by trying to gene-mod the assimilating species (so my version of the issue may have been different).

Saving/reloading didn't work for me. I later ended up with a (very common) variant subspecies that didn't have the issue, so I tried to gene mod my founders all to that species but all that did was push the new subspecies into the same bugged state, so now I'm back to having all of my founder species stuck on the wrong living standard.

Reactions:
Same happened to me, but I was converting to cyborgs instead.

I needed to set full citizenship to the main template (no assimilation), then I simply changed the living standard of the "already assimilated template". I don't know if it was a stroke of luck, but it worked for me.
Simply changing living standard didn't work.