Stellaris Synthetic Dawn Feature Breakdown Video

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
So if you buy the game from the Paradox Plaza store, you'll get both versions and play either or, save games should be compatible across both versions as well. The out of sync stuff is purely related to the multiplayer layer.

Would I understand correctly then that just pre-ordering the DLC and/or connecting your steam and paradox accounts would not grant you access to the Paradox version of Stellaris you would actually have to get the game itself from the Paradox store?

Just found inspiration for my new robot empire.

@Wiz I noticed that the new default empires use some DLC features. For those who haven't purchased the DLC, how will that affect the new default empires? Will the Ix'Idar be fanatic authoritarians for those players instead of hive minds?

@Wiz I noticed that the new default empires use some DLC features. For those who haven't purchased the DLC, how will that affect the new default empires? Will the Ix'Idar be fanatic authoritarians for those players instead of hive minds?

The only thing that will behind DLC is the ability to play Synthetic Empires/make synth planets, everything else will be available to everyone else.

The only thing that will behind DLC is the ability to play Synthetic Empires/make synth planets, everything else will be available to everyone else.

You sure? Because there is a plantoid default empire in the upcoming patch. Can players who didn't buy the Plantoid DLC be able to play it?

Likewise, the Ix'Idar Star Collective is currently a fanatic authoritarian materialist empire, but will be a hive mind in patch 1.8. Will that empire be disabled for people who didn't buy Utopia?

Those voice samples that you can now choose, when do they play in-game? Is it a replacement for the normal guy we have?

Yes, they replace the VIR voice set. So, when you hear "Tile Blocker Cleared" in the current game, it will be replaced by one of the other voices.

You sure? Because there is a plantoid default empire in the upcoming patch. Can players who didn't buy the Plantoid DLC be able to play it?

Likewise, the Ix'Idar Star Collective is currently a fanatic authoritarian materialist empire, but will be a hive mind in patch 1.8. Will that empire be disabled for people who didn't buy Utopia?
Well yeah the empires that require Plantoids and Hiveminds to begin with will be locked behind the plantoid and Utopia+synth dawn requirements I believe. I do not know exactly.