Stellaris Synthetic Dawn Feature Breakdown Video

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just for fun, a few weeks ago I made this post:

Going by the current pattern of announcement/release date reveal/actual release:

Leviathans:

Leviathans announcement: 2016-09-15 [0].

Leviathans release date reveal: 2016-10-10 [+3.5 weeks].

Leviathans release: 2016-10-20 [+5 weeks].

Utopia:

Utopia announcement: 2017-02-02 [0].

Utopia release date reveal: 2017-02-27 [+3.5 weeks].

Utopia release date: 2017-04-06 [+10 weeks].

Synthetic Dawn:

Synthetic Dawn announcement: 2017-08-03 [0].

Synthetic Dawn release date reveal: Unknown [+3.5 weeks = August 28th, 2017].

Synthetic Dawn release: Unknown [+5~10 weeks = September 7th till October 5th, 2017].

The assumption here is that these three-step announcements are a reflection of Paradox's internal milestones. So if we do not get a release date reveal around August 28th, we can assume development on Synthetic Dawn is going slower than on Leviathans/Utopia and actual release will be further away. (Obv. it can also be that Paradox's announcement policy has changed since Utopia, but in that case all bets are off anyways.)

So updating it, what we got was:

Synthetic Dawn:

Synthetic Dawn release date reveal: 2017-09-06 [+5 weeks].

Synthetic Dawn release: 2017-09-21 [+7 weeks].

Review: The release date reveal was later than predicted, but the actual release date fell nicely within the predicted timeframe. :)

Just for fun, a few weeks ago I made this post:

So updating it, what we got was:

Synthetic Dawn:

Synthetic Dawn release date reveal: 2017-09-06 [+5 weeks].

Synthetic Dawn release: 2017-09-21 [+7 weeks].

Review: The release date reveal was later than predicted, but the actual release date fell nicely within the predicted timeframe. :)

Timings are worked out backwards from the projected release date and vary depending on the size of the release, plus external influences, so calculating exact timings will always be impossible :)

Timings are worked out backwards from the projected release date and vary depending on the size of the release, plus external influences, so calculating exact timings will always be impossible :)
Ah, thanks for elaborating! And of course, I never presumed it to be like an exact science. More like: Paradox undoubtedly has a projected release date already, but they're not announcing it because they don't want to make promises before it's definitively set. But we can probably make an educated guess about where it should roughly be.

And it's a best of both worlds. We fans who want it get a rough timeframe, but since we're just guessing and Paradox hasn't promised anything you don't need to worry about people complaining if the schedule is slower than planned. :)

what will the rework of the gene modifier do? (2.38)
Will the organics be able to have more than 5 perks?

Pre-ordered. Thanks; great game so far. Isn't the cost a little low though? Would rather see a slightly higher cost and more dev on bigger better. Just my opinion of course.

Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

In two weeks?
Yup, I can live with that, I expected the release far later.

As well, someone tell @Wiz he needs to talk louder, at some point the video's 'background' music forgot the part about being in the background.

Question on Rogue Servitors: What happens to the organics their looking after if one of their planet's is taken by a non robotic Empire. Do those organics die off, do their new non-robotic overlords have to take care of them, or are they slowly taught how to look after themselves?
The organics are 'freed' from being pampered and become very unhappy at the loss of their easy lifestyle.

I own the steam version of stellaris, can I pre-order through the paradox website and have it work through steam?

Pre-order on paradox store will give you a steam code to use.

Alternative if you linked your steam and paradox account together you can active the key directly from Paradox account -> my games.