Confirmed Stellaris - Stellaris - [3.4.2] - Ministry of Truth doesn't actually give the Influence it claims it does

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Chuunibyou Imouto

Captain
28 Badges
May 15, 2022
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV
Description
Stellaris - [3.4.2] - Ministry of Truth doesn't actually give the Influence it claims it does

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Lithoids, Federations, Nemesis, Aquatics, None

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The Ministry of Truth claims it gives 1.0 influence, but it does not. It gives between 0.6 and 0.64 from what I can see by checking mine. If you hover over the influence in the holdings screen where it claims you are getting 1 influence, it shows that it's actually only giving 0.6

I've got 10 Ministry of Truth from my vassals, so I should be getting 10.0 Influence from them. Or, at the rate of them giving 0.64 per building, I should be getting 6.4 from them. Instead, I'm getting 5.56 from "job" in the influence break down showed below.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Build a Ministry of Truth holding on your vassal and then see if you actually get the claimed 1.0 influence from them

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• StellarisMinistryOfTruth.png
    StellarisMinistryOfTruth.png
    301,2 KB · Views: 0
  • StellarisInfluence.png
    StellarisInfluence.png
    498,3 KB · Views: 0
  • ironman.sav
    4,5 MB · Views: 0
This is a display problem caused by rounding. I believe overlord propagandists have a base output of 0.15 influence each, which in your case is being effectively doubled by your subject's job output bonuses. The holding interface is rounding that up to 1 instead of showing the actual decimal though.

I figured this must be the reason when I built several truth ministries and my influence barely increased by 1. A bit of an oversight with the rounding UI.

Wow, that's bad. The decision to round everything in the tooltips to an integer seemed needless and bad when it was announced, but this takes the cake. "0.15" = "1". Sure, what's a factor of 6.66667x between a player and a UI?

• 1Like
Reactions: