Confirmed Stellaris - Star Eater ship design has about 400 less power then the other one

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

revolver275

Sergeant
42 Badges
Aug 2, 2016
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Impire
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Starvoid
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities in Motion 2
Description
Star Eater ship design has about 400 less power then the other one

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
Yes

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
My mods i have enabled are achievement compatible so wont change much but idk if it could cause this.Don't want to screw over my iron man game to check.

So i became the crisis got 2 star eaters. Both have different designs so i wanted them both to be the same. tried retrofitting them to exactly the same stats and one has almost 400 less power generation then the other..

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Well it's iron man so cannot reload to see if it happens again...

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• c27cb0c810ff72e5bddee7a605438076.mp4
    1,7 MB
Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for the report. In the save you've provided you have not yet unlocked the Star-Eaters, so I can't check the reported power disparity between them. Can you please attach a save with the issue present or the exact steps you took?

Unfortunately not, when I've loaded the save attached it's in the year 2629.
What i copied the file back... I finished that save copied the completed save to my desktop, moved this save file to my game files and loaded it... How can this be? The end game of my completed save was about 2698.....

The new save is a bit bigger 400 kb so it might gone right now?

Having looked at the second save you attached and inspecting the ship designs you have for your two Star-Eaters all appears as I'd expect it to.

Having looked at the second save you attached and inspecting the ship designs you have for your two Star-Eaters all appears as I'd expect it to.
But one has 4 A slot extra power while the other has extra A slot shield extenders is there not a power disparity there? i cannot build the 2 as equalls.(power as in energy)

Reactions:
But one has 4 A slot extra power while the other has extra A slot shield extenders is there not a power disparity there? i cannot build the 2 as equalls.(power as in energy)

I had a another look at things and I think I've figured out what happened. One of the designs (the more with more power) isn't calculating the power required from the thrusters correctly. When I compared them I was having a look at the total power output, thanks for the extra poke :)

I had a another look at things and I think I've figured out what happened. One of the designs (the more with more power) isn't calculating the power required from the thrusters correctly. When I compared them I was having a look at the total power output, thanks for the extra poke :)
ah nice because 400 power short is kinda a big deal. even making a new design has that power problem. So if you accidentally deleted the starting design you lose out on quite a bit of firepower.If i could save a blueprint with -power then it would have been clear at a glance but i could't