As Designed Stellaris - Similar buildings do not group as of new update. (3.0.1, c04b)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NevanMasterson

Private
32 Badges
Feb 14, 2017
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
Description
Similar buildings do not group as of new update. (3.0.1, c04b)

Game Version
Dick 3.0.1

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
All

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
In previous versions, buildings on planets used to automatically group neatly together; labs with labs, offices with offices, like with like. However, in the new release, buildings no longer do this.

Whether this is a bug or a design choice (a rather dubious and frustrating one, at that) is unknown to me, but I think I speak on the behalf of the wider Stellaris community when I say it'd be better if this were amended.

Thanks!

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Simply start a game, build something on a planet, and observe the sheer disgrace that will fall upon your own two photosensitive receptors.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Sgfo2BA7Pm.png
    Sgfo2BA7Pm.png
    51,2 KB · Views: 0
Hi, thanks for the report, but with the new UI the buildings no longer auto-sort by design

Hi, thanks for the report, but with the new UI the buildings no longer auto-sort by design
Which is nice and such, but how does bombarding a planet work nowadays? Do you still destroy the last built building first?
Also, can we get an optoin for drag&drop buildings on a planet around, to group them ourself? (drag&drop would be also a great addition for the planets in the outliner, btw.)

Reactions:
In the changelog for Version 3.0 under the "Modding" category, it says:

"* Buildings now use a position priority system instead of the simple "add first" that they used to have."

I never saw building sorting really work, so I was really happy reading this because I thought the issue had finally been addresses. Now you are saying there is no sorting.

What exactly is this position priority system, then? What does it do?

Hi
Currently the priority system is a way to make sure that more important buildings are more to the left of the que to avoid being destroyed first ex when removing city districts.

Currently there are only a few buildings that have a priority and buildings without a set "position_priority" parameter have its default set to 200.

Some buildings that have a position_priority parameter right now are:
  • Capital buildings - position_priority = 0
  • Necrophage buildings - position_priority = 100
  • Sacrificial temples - position_priority = 100
  • Strongholds/Fortresses - position_priority = 100
  • Planetary shield generators - position_priority = 100

The lower the number is the more to they left they are ex the Capital building is first.

Reactions: