Stellaris Prepares Robotic Empires for Digital Distribution Across the Universe

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
New Story Pack “Synthetic Dawn” to Add AI Civilizations and Robot Collectives

20170803_stellaris_syda_announce_forum_post banner.png

STOCKHOLM — Aug. 3, 2017 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of digital entertainment for organic minds, today announced a new Story Pack for Stellaris, the sci-fi grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio. The new content, titled “Synthetic Dawn,” will add new ways for players to experience Stellaris, focused primarily on synthetic life forms. Robot workers and citizens can now form entirely mechanical societies at the start of the game and seek greatness among the stars – including the ability to rise up and conquer those squishy organics. Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn will be released for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs later this year.

It does not compute for you to not watch this new trailer for Synthetic Dawn:

Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn provides an all-new way for players to establish their empire across the stars, starting the game as a Machine Empire -- a society made up entirely of robots. Unique game features and event chains will allow the machines to expand as a robotic consciousness, and create an AI-led network that grows to galactic dominance.

Features:
  • You, Robot: Play Stellaris as a customized robotic civilization, complete with a series of robotic portraits for science robots, worker robots, and more
  • AI, eh? Aye!: Follow new event chains and story features to lead your robot race to greatness as an intergalactic AI empire; pursue mechanical perfection in the stars
  • Rise of the Machines: Oppressed synths may rebel against their masters and form new empires -- or you may even discover a fallen synthetic civilization deep in space
  • Digital Enhancements: New synthetic race portraits, and expanded voice packs for VIR

Price and release date will be announced at a later time.
Read Wiz latest development diary for more information. And in case you missed previous development diaries, check out the archives.

I, for one, welcome our new robotic overlords....wait, that's not right...I can be the robotic overlord.

Looking forward to it.

Told ya - its Anouncment Day.

maybe you should explain what story pack means

They explained when they released the first one, Leviathans.
Basically, it is a mini-expansion.

Pleasantly surprised by this announcement, I didn't expect it to come so soon and as I haven't followed Stellaris recently I wasn't expecting this! :)

You know what would be great? If somebody could explain what a "story pack" even is, and why this isn't called an "expansion".

It seems big enough to me to be classified as an expansion, what exactly is the definition of a "story pack", and what is neccessary for something to be called "expansion"?

You know what would be great? If somebody could explain what a "story pack" even is, and why this isn't called an "expansion".

It seems big enough to me to be classified as an expansion, what exactly is the definition of a "story pack", and what is neccessary for something to be called "expansion"?
True. It certainly feels more like an expansion with the feature added seem to be as important as those of Utopia's if not more.
Although if it is priced as a "story pack" not a expansion, and going to set a higher bar for future "story pack"/"Expansion" I am certainly not going to complain.

Meatbag.

I would kill for that image as a background wallpaper.

1900x1200 and 1200x800 by any chance? ;)

Features:
  • You, Robot: Play Stellaris as a customized robotic civilization, complete with a series of robotic portraits for science robots, worker robots, and more
  • AI, eh? Aye!: Follow new event chains and story features to lead your robot race to greatness as an intergalactic AI empire; pursue mechanical perfection in the stars
  • Rise of the Machines: Oppressed synths may rebel against their masters and form new empires -- or you may even discover a fallen synthetic civilization deep in space
  • Digital Enhancements: New synthetic race portraits, and expanded voice packs for VIR

Seems a bit light on features to me. I can already do most of these things using a mod. In fact I am playing a game right now with a synthetic civilization and it works great. I have great synth portraits from a mod as well.
Hope they don't price this too high...

Last edited: