Stellaris - Planet pops randomly stop growing

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jelletje

Corporal
15 Badges
Mar 17, 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Description
Planet pops randomly stop growing

Game Version
2.6.2(e132)

What version do you use?

Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn,
Utopia,
Leviathans Story Pack,
Apocalypse,
Megacorp,
Ancient Relics,
Lithoids,
Federations

Do you have mods enabled?

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Population growth has been randomly stopping without cause on no particular planets. No population controls or growth discouraged. Haven't had problem before, so assume it's new. Two planets specifically weren't growing for up to 30 years before I finally noticed, and a save reload fixed the problem. However it's been happening more and more as the game goes on for all planets.

Should mention there's about 30 give or take species in the empire, and a ton of immigration pacts. Soon to be many more through the wonders of xeno compatibility. I uh...may have gone a bit overboard with the gay space communism.

Steps to reproduce the issue.

Upload Attachment

Attachments

• growth.png
    growth.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
I have a similar problem. In my case, the pop starts growing, then next month stops, then next month starts again, repeating indefinitely. Occurs only on two worlds. Cancelled all my migration treaties, still happens. Most planets are unaffected, even planets growing the same species. The species is present in the empire, and has high habitability.

Hi folks, apologies for the lack of reply thus far. I'm logging this as something to be investigated, however could a save be uploaded with the issue occurring?

Unfortunately I was using mods (Starnet AI, expanded colours, real space 3.6, unused room enabler). Y'Tari Vak and Nishpan Prime had the problem.

Attachments

• 2299.06.02 bug.sav
    2,3 MB · Views: 0
Reactions:
none of those mods affect pops(as far as i am aware) i use starnet myself and have never seen anything like this, although admittedly when i am managing 100+ planets i probably wouldn't notice if one of them stopped growing pops, unless it was homeworld

I once had the issue that after fullfilling all eco plans the ai suddenly stopped building buildings, leaving lots of open slots and around 10 unemployed pops on every planet (with greater than ourselves activated). Was especially severe for newly colonized planets/habitats very late in game (around year 2500). Didnt play that far in my last games so dont know if that always happens.

Having the same problem, with a multispecies megacorp. Multiple planets are not growing, from homeworld to new colonies. Seems to be a new species issue on the planet.
Resettling a new pop to the bugged planet fixes the problem. Pop needs to be the same species the planet is trying to grow.
Tried it 5 times for different planets, works so far. Fix is sadly very frustrating in the end game, where you would need to resettle so many individual pops.
Hope new patch fixes this!

• 1Like
Reactions:
This is still a problem. Immediately after getting migration treaties in my Ironman game (3.4.2), the pops on planets where more than one empire species has decent habitability will stop growing each month. Sometimes a different species appears for a month before being replaced with the other. Sometimes the same species just stops and starts repetitively.

For me this was triggered by Psionic Ascention. "There are no species that can grow on this planet" on all worlds where my main spieces would have been growing. Likely triggered just by anything that modifies your species? Game restart and waiting until end of month addressed the issue.