Stellaris: Nemesis will release April 15th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
To be concluded?

Does this mean that we are approaching the last DLCs and updates for Stellaris?
No, this means the trailer has another part.

Reactions:
Reactions:
I wonder what's left for the last few DDs if we've still got a month to go, patch notes as I recall are generally the week before release so we've got another two to fill, and the last few have been such deep dives into specific details I can't imagine there's a ton more to discuss.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I thought we were far closer to a release date of 10 days away than 30. Apparently there is a fair amount of polishing to do.

The digital Paradox Con announcement was certainly interesting. Mabye Wiz's project is readying for an Autumn release.

I have to admit, if nothing else you guys can make an excellent trailer.

Whoever did all that? Congratulations, it's really well made.

Reactions:
I've said my piece on Nemesis before and all the ways I disagree with its fundamental premise. This whole thing just feels like a dream, or a joke, like "Ha ha, okay, now what's the real DLC?"

We already have playable-crises in genocidals, we already have 'galactic custodians' in the Guardian Awakened Empires, I cannot fathom why this DLC even exists except perhaps as a way to avoid having to fix actual crises, fix the actual Threat mechanic, fix the actual Guardians of the Galaxy.

Reactions:
Content wise, I find Nemesis to be acceptable. Not amazing, but not awful either. If they had included some reworks of Fallen Empires/The War in Heaven, that would have been really appreciated.

My preference would have been an entire Tradition overhaul instead of Espionage, but the Espionage does look interesting at least.

Hopefully next expansion will be Tradition/Psionics/Ascension Paths focused.

Reactions:
I could swear the narrator sounded like the same one who narrated and voiced the Riftborn in ES2

Reactions:
I'd like to point out that having a range of a month is not "I told you" material.
Yeah...too bad, I can't quote from discord or slack.
I pinned down the exact date a few hours before the official announcement. :)
I didn't know it works so well. Thus, I was being very conservative...
Now, I shall do it again for the upcoming EU4 DLC for science. :p

Reactions:
I've said my piece on Nemesis before and all the ways I disagree with its fundamental premise. This whole thing just feels like a dream, or a joke, like "Ha ha, okay, now what's the real DLC?"

We already have playable-crises in genocidals, we already have 'galactic custodians' in the Guardian Awakened Empires, I cannot fathom why this DLC even exists except perhaps as a way to avoid having to fix actual crises, fix the actual Threat mechanic, fix the actual Guardians of the Galaxy.

You know that you are not forced to buy the DLC, right ? Save the money, buy another game...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
I wonder what's left for the last few DDs if we've still got a month to go, patch notes as I recall are generally the week before release so we've got another two to fill, and the last few have been such deep dives into specific details I can't imagine there's a ton more to discuss.

Maybe a dev diary revisiting some earlier things that have changed over the months? The dev diary on migration is a bit out of date, comments in later diaries showed they’d significant changed things like the transit hub mechanics.

One DD is going to be the new achievements. I'm really hoping for a Jar Jar Binks achievement.

I have to admit, if nothing else you guys can make an excellent trailer.
Stellaris does have the best Trailers of all PDX Games, probably all Games, period.

• 2Love
Reactions:
When everything regarding the new dlc is shown, I would really like to get some more info about stellaris' future vision.

I remember, when devs said, there are four or five different "pots" for specific aspects of the game, that should be improved (like warfare, exploration, diplomacy, etc.)
As far as I know all these things has been done when the dlc drops (at least one time). I can still think of a rework or new mechanics for pre-ftl species, but I really like to hear, what devs think about the future of stellaris in the long term.

• 2Like
Reactions:
You know that you are not forced to buy the DLC, right ? Save the money, buy another game...
Wow, what an insightful remark.

It's still an opportunity cost. It's time and effort that could have been spent making... literally anything else. I have every right to be upset when the product I bought, was broken, and instead of being fixed 3 years ago when it was first broken, they make... this instead.

Reactions:
Wow, what an insightful remark.

It's still an opportunity cost. It's time and effort that could have been spent making... literally anything else. I have every right to be upset when the product I bought, was broken, and instead of being fixed 3 years ago when it was first broken, they make... this instead.
You are probably in a minority here.
I'm happy for the Espionage system.
I'd love to see the Options on the galactic scale also on a Federation level and internally but I have hope that this might also come at a later time.

• 2Like
Reactions: