Stellaris: Nemesis will release April 15th!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Stellaris: Nemesis will release on April 15th. Pre-Order Now!!

Snatch a glimpse behind the fog of war with new Espionage Mechanics, curry favour and be declared the Galactic Custodian, protect the stability and security of the Galaxy by forming the Galactic Imperium, or take the menace option to BECOME THE CRISIS.

Ultimately, you will have to choose whether to grasp the reins of power or ferment chaos throughout the galaxy.

The Nemesis expansion includes (Paid Features):
  • Become the Crisis: You are the fire that spreads across the galaxy, threatening its very existence. As your empire becomes more and more menacing, you’ll unlock powerful bonuses to finish a hopeless galactic stalemate on your own terms. If the rest of the galaxy can’t stop you in time, you can unleash enough power to end all of existence!
  • Galactic Custodian: It’s up to you to campaign for the Galactic Community to declare you a Custodian, granting you emergency powers to combat the Crisis. Use them to bring the galaxy back from the edge of destruction and restore order. When the crisis is defeated you may choose to relinquish your powers...or keep them, and form a new Galactic Imperium.
  • Expanded Espionage Mechanics: Knowledge is power; use new tools to spy on your enemies (or friends). Deploy Envoys to lead covert Operations and counterintelligence behind enemy borders. Lies and deceit will throw your enemies off your scent while you learn their deepest secrets. As your Infiltration Level grows you’ll unlock new operations, such as Sabotage Starbase, Acquire Assets, or Steal Tech. Turn allies against each other through the use of smear campaigns and by instigating diplomatic incidents. Play your cards right, and they’ll be none the wiser: what they don’t know will hurt them.
  • New Ship Set: Nemesis includes new ships inspired by some of the most imposing empires in science fiction. Whether you’re taking control of the galaxy or wiping it out, you’ll look as powerful as you feel.
Nemesis gives you the most powerful tools ever available in Stellaris, the fate of the galaxy now rests in your hands.

Pre-Order Now!

Last edited:
  • 32Like
  • 22Love
Reactions:
I'm greatly looking forward to it!

As an aside, its great timing for anyone who both plays Stellaris and works in the K-12 education sector (like myself, a high school teacher), as well as any high-school age Stellaris players - many of us get to start April vacation the very next evening after work/school on the 16th.

QUESTIONS:

@MrFreake_PDX, can I also take this moment as an opportunity to answer a few unanswered questions about the workings of Nemesis features that haven't been clarified yet? (If you don't know the answers, if someone else from PDX could answer that would be great):

1.) How many ships can we have in the Imperial Armada and the Galactic Defense Force that Nemesis lets us create, in terms of Naval Capacity?

2.) What do some of the Imperium resolutions that were shown in the Dev Diary, such as Imperial Legions or Pax Galactica do? To an extent they can be substantially inferred, but I'd be interested in the exact current effect (understanding that the numbers may be non-final).

3.) As becoming Galactic Emperor is a big feature of Nemesis that has got lots of people excited, I'd love to get more information on how our diplomatic interactions with other nations change after we become Galactic Emperor. In particularly, I would really like to know if the Offer Protectorate Status/Demand Vassalization diplomatic option is still available to the Galactic Emperor after ascending to the position, as if it is it would significantly influence the manner I go about playing as them. I'd love to have a better understanding of this before Nemesis comes out so I know what to expect with how this all works.

If you could answer even one of these questions, that would be greatly appreciated, but even if not, I thank you for your time in reading this post.

I'm excited for April 15.

Big fan of the whole Coruscant looking planet in the trailer, as well as directly calling them "Emergency Powers." As a fan of The Clone Wars this makes me happy.

• 1Like
Reactions:
What is the name of the lovely narrator lady ? :oops:

Reactions:
April? I honestly expected the DLC to come out before the end of this month. Ah well, my bad. I'll just mess around in CK3 until then.
Yeah, a pretty surprising gap between release date announcement and release date for Paradox. I think the last DLC release date was announced a week before. Makes me wonder if there were some big issues that came up which delayed release. If there were I fully support Paradox delaying as long as they need instead of rushing it out.

Reactions:
So, did we ever get to see the finished Ship Set?

I'm greatly looking forward to it!

As an aside, its great timing for anyone who both plays Stellaris and works in the K-12 education sector (like myself, a high school teacher), as well as any high-school age Stellaris players - many of us get to start April vacation the very next evening after work/school on the 16th.

QUESTIONS:

@MrFreake_PDX, can I also take this moment as an opportunity to answer a few unanswered questions about the workings of Nemesis features that haven't been clarified yet? (If you don't know the answers, if someone else from PDX could answer that would be great):

1.) How many ships can we have in the Imperial Armada and the Galactic Defense Force that Nemesis lets us create, in terms of Naval Capacity?

2.) What do some of the Imperium resolutions that were shown in the Dev Diary, such as Imperial Legions or Pax Galactica do? To an extent they can be substantially inferred, but I'd be interested in the exact current effect (understanding that the numbers may be non-final).

3.) As becoming Galactic Emperor is a big feature of Nemesis that has got lots of people excited, I'd love to get more information on how our diplomatic interactions with other nations change after we become Galactic Emperor. In particularly, I would really like to know if the Offer Protectorate Status/Demand Vassalization diplomatic option is still available to the Galactic Emperor after ascending to the position, as if it is it would significantly influence the manner I go about playing as them. I'd love to have a better understanding of this before Nemesis comes out so I know what to expect with how this all works.

If you could answer even one of these questions, that would be greatly appreciated, but even if not, I thank you for your time in reading this post.

I'm excited for April 15.

All of these things will be covered in streams Soon™ :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
All of these things will be covered in streams Soon™ :D

Makes sense, as you (PDX) will be showing off its features more as you get closer, as you usually do. Thanks.

When it comes time for the streams, if the following could also be clarified on-stream it would be wonderful and appreciated:

4.) whether the "shift toward Fanatic Authoritarian" for becoming Galactic Emperor is just "one increment towards it [i.e. non-Authoritarian including Egalitarian of any type --> Authoritarian, Authoritarian --> Fanatic Authoritarian]} or if it is instead "immediately become outright Fanatic Authoritarian" that would also be helpful.

5.) Some other users have also been wondering what happens if you are an already authoritarian megacorp when you become Galactic Emperor, as Megacorps aren't allowed to be Fanatic Authoritarian.

Hmm... on one grappling appendage we get this "stand together" thing, on the other "only custodians can do anything". Can't help but wonder if AI formally supporting fighting the crisis, but leaving all actual fighting to the player is by design >.>

Reactions:
Yeah, a pretty surprising gap between release date announcement and release date for Paradox. I think the last DLC release date was announced a week before. Makes me wonder if there were some big issues that came up which delayed release. If there were I fully support Paradox delaying as long as they need instead of rushing it out.
I suspect part of it is wanting to have a thing to announce for Stellaris as part of the Paradox insider. So they announced it sooner than they would have otherwise. Although it is seeming like the devs have managed to convince management to give them more time fixing stuff, so that might also be a factor and hopefully the trend continues.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I read the initial post as "curry flavour" instead of "curry favour" and am now too distracted by wondering what a curry flavoured Expansion would be like to think about anything else. Damn my organic one-track mind!

• 8Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
To be concluded?

Does this mean that we are approaching the last DLCs and updates for Stellaris?

EDIT: Okay I get it

Last edited:
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
To be concluded?

Does this mean that we are approaching the last DLCs and updates for Stellaris?
There is essentially 1 long trailer being split into separate videos to highlight different features. We have had 2 of what is likely a 3-part series. Taken all together it's going to be pretty hype!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:
To be continued...

Reactions: