• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The most epic mod would be to add a shortcut key to the planet overview screen, to jump to the next planet instead of having to move the mouse. I think that would save me 1-2 hours of planet management time per session :)

On a more serious note - I look forward to this mod-jam and to see the results, amazing!

• 2Like
Reactions:
The most epic mod would be to add a shortcut key to the planet overview screen, to jump to the next planet instead of having to move the mouse. I think that would save me 1-2 hours of planet management time per session :)
There already is, the mods called "cycle_planet_hotkeys"

Reactions:
Ok, now that I got some free time until the foreseeable future that is, I can't wait to playtest most, if not all of the mods and provide meaningful feedback on the discord server <3 Best of luck to all modders :D

• 2Like
Reactions:
View attachment 655032

Hello Stellaris Fans!

Paradox Interactive and NVIDIA are proud to announce the Stellaris Mod Jam 2020!

Three weeks ago we began recruiting Modders for Mod Jam 2020. They had no idea what kind of modding challenge they
signed up for, only that they would have a chance to win a GeForce RTX 2080 Super, from our partners at NVIDIA. For our
first Mod Jam, we chose Origins!

We had 40 Modders sign up, with 3.6 million workshop subscribers between them. The Modders range from people who
have never made a Stellaris mod before, to some of the most subscribed modders on the Steam workshop. Some of the
things that they’ve come up with are absolutely incredible, and we’re really excited to get you folks playing them!

Over the next month we will be showing off the Modder created Origins each individually on social media (please note:
some of these Origins may not be included in the final workshop mod, for various reasons).

The Stellaris Mod Jam 2020 mod should release on December 19th (if all goes according to plan), and then you will have
just under a month to play, and vote on your favorite Origin. The top three Modders (by Community vote) will be entered
into a draw to win the grand prize, a GeForce RTX 2080 Super, donated by our partners at NVIDIA!

Interested in helping test the Origins? Join the Stellaris Mod Jam 2020 discord: https://discord.gg/RPRKwGty2V

And now, for a few no-context screenshots, because what’s a forum post without a few no-context screenshots? :D
Note: Some of these are a work-in-progress, and may not be in the final Mod Jam mod

View attachment 655033
by connor

View attachment 655034
by Lerahk

View attachment 655036
by Rodahtnov
View attachment 655037
by AlphaAsh
View attachment 655038
by Felis
View attachment 655039
by Guilliman
View attachment 655040
by jasonpepe

View attachment 655042
by RegiZero
View attachment 655043
by the NSC2 Team (CaptainX3, LSJHoward, erin, XVCV)
View attachment 655044
by Erdnuss
View attachment 655046
by McAwesome
View attachment 655074
by DrNukeLear
View attachment 655075
by Complex
Man... I wish I had seen this. Please pull me in to either compete or contribute. I have a ton of ideas.
Btw: on the subject of origins, let me introduce the origin for the space whale:
Version 1
1. Large, cool, high gravity world with a dense atmosphere. As a result of the atmosphere being so dense, heavier objects have a higher buoyancy.
2. Space whale originated on this world where small plants would release many seed pods into the atmosphere.
3. Small multicellular life forms learned to create gas bladders holding bacteria like lifeforms. These bacteria would produce gases as a byproduct of their respiration and eventually learned to float in the air.
4. Some of these simple lifeforms evolved into my complex lifeforms - Sky Whales. Sky whales would live in the air and feed on seed pods and simpler smaller lifeforms.
5. At least one subspecies specialized further and further into the upper atmosphere. These sub species would use a combination of solar radiation and the scare seed pods to nourish themselves.
6. The final subspecies finally broke free of the planet and moved to the dense planetary rings to harvest their untapped ice and mineral nutrients.
7. The largest of this sub species were robust enough to move farther into the system.
8. One freak mutation permitted the ability to create warp fields and travel warp lines.
Version 2
1. Bob, and industrious and bored scientist for Fallen Empire (Insert name here) needed a birthday gift for his favorite nephew who loved marine biology
The rest is history.

Man... I wish I had seen this. Please pull me in to either compete or contribute. I have a ton of ideas.
Btw: on the subject of origins, let me introduce the origin for the space whale:
Version 1
1. Large, cool, high gravity world with a dense atmosphere. As a result of the atmosphere being so dense, heavier objects have a higher buoyancy.
2. Space whale originated on this world where small plants would release many seed pods into the atmosphere.
3. Small multicellular life forms learned to create gas bladders holding bacteria like lifeforms. These bacteria would produce gases as a byproduct of their respiration and eventually learned to float in the air.
4. Some of these simple lifeforms evolved into my complex lifeforms - Sky Whales. Sky whales would live in the air and feed on seed pods and simpler smaller lifeforms.
5. At least one subspecies specialized further and further into the upper atmosphere. These sub species would use a combination of solar radiation and the scare seed pods to nourish themselves.
6. The final subspecies finally broke free of the planet and moved to the dense planetary rings to harvest their untapped ice and mineral nutrients.
7. The largest of this sub species were robust enough to move farther into the system.
8. One freak mutation permitted the ability to create warp fields and travel warp lines.
Version 2
1. Bob, and industrious and bored scientist for Fallen Empire (Insert name here) needed a birthday gift for his favorite nephew who loved marine biology
The rest is history.

Great ideas!

Unfortunately, the modder's working time is already over.. we're into the testing and polish phase to get ready for when it will be made available to the general public. There's a link in the OP if you want to join and help test, however! :)

This event has been a lot of fun, and working closely with these modders over the past five weeks has been a treat, and I can't speak highly enough of the modding community rising to this challenge. Can't wait till we can make it available it everyone! :D

• 3Like
Reactions:
3 ratings is a small sample size and to be taken with a grain of salt.

Though for my part, I feel rather neutral about ship downscaling. I'm not opposed to it, but neither is it a priority for me. I spend 95% of the game in galaxy map mode, so it doesn't make much difference to me.

Though for my part, I feel rather neutral about ship downscaling. I'm not opposed to it, but neither is it a priority for me. I spend 95% of the game in galaxy map mode, so it doesn't make much difference to me.
But you can zoom as much as you want

But you can zoom as much as you want

Please keep this thread on-topic please.

Reactions:
The Behind The Scenes and the Pirate one are probably the most interesting origins on show here, rather a lot of 'precursor creator' empires.

I'm hoping we see a multiplayer match when these drops, where Paradox has a bunch of the better know streamers square off again, while using these mods. I doubt I'll find the time to play all these mods within the month, so that would be a good way to demo the stuff. so that players could figure out their play order on the mods during the limited time they do have.

I'm hoping we see a multiplayer match when these drops, where Paradox has a bunch of the better know streamers square off again, while using these mods. I doubt I'll find the time to play all these mods within the month, so that would be a good way to demo the stuff. so that players could figure out their play order on the mods during the limited time they do have.

That would be a lot of fun, if we decide to do future Mod Jams, unfortunately not part of our plans this go-round. This is still all very experimental. :D

Maybe a few of the better known streamers could get themselves organized and do a colab on their own if someone suggests it to them. It's unlikely there would be 15 of them, but 3-5 isn't too unrealistic.

Maybe a few of the better known streamers could get themselves organized and do a colab on their own if someone suggests it to them. It's unlikely there would be 15 of them, but 3-5 isn't too unrealistic.

I would love that!