Duplicate Stellaris - Missing united nations of earth and commonwealth of man preset empires

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mjkguy

Recruit
3 Badges
Apr 16, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Magicka
  • Stellaris
Description
Missing united nations of earth and commonwealth of man preset empires

Game Version
3.0.1 (c04b)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
(DID NOT ANSWER QUESTION)

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Missing united nations of earth and commonwealth of man preset empires when I start a new game.

Steps to reproduce the issue.
Start a new game and view preset empires

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-16 093537.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-16 093537.png
    241,7 KB · Views: 0
Here is what I am setting in my error.log that may be related to this:

Code:
[18:17:06][select_empire_design_view.cpp:651]: Hiding invalid prescripted empire design 'humans1':
[18:17:06][select_empire_design_view.cpp:656]:     City Appearance:
    The selected Ship Appearance is not available.
    Ship Appearance:
    The selected Ship Appearance is not available.
[18:17:06][select_empire_design_view.cpp:651]: Hiding invalid prescripted empire design 'humans2':
[18:17:06][select_empire_design_view.cpp:651]: Hiding invalid prescripted empire design 'custodianship':

• 1Like
Reactions:
OK, so I tried modifying the file "00_top_countries.txt" in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stellaris\prescripted_countries" and was able to fix this. These modifications don't seem to change the checksum and don't seem to disable achievements.

Specifically, I replaced all four instances of "humanoid_01" with "mammalian_01". There may other ways to fix this, but this seems to be working for me.

EDIT: You can also restore the missing "Earth Custodianship" preset empire by making the same change in the file "90_syndaw_prescripted_countries.txt".