• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
"But can your PC run Crysi-Oh"
View attachment 738737
(this was from me screwing with a save file and corrupting it - not me running the game for 10000 mins solid. I have a life, I promise...)
What kind of supercomputer would you need to run that?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Supercomputer are just realy a lot of cores. Mixed with problems designed to use that.
Games do not benefit from multiple cores past the minimum treshold. What htey need is single core performance.

Maybe a single core, overclocked past sanity by using liquid nitrogen cooling?

Reactions:
the kind where you screwed with the settings to make absolute sure that you only have one empire and no habitable worlds, and minimum pop growth , minimum galaxy, and absolute minimum worlds to you never get past a few hundred pops by 12500.you would also have to avoid expanding and building habs and ringworlds. it's not the time that causes lag, it's the number of pops.

this would be incredibly boring to play but i can easily see this lasting until absurdly late before lag set in.

Last edited:
the kind where you screwed with the settings to make absolute sure that you only have one empire and no habitable worlds, and minimum pop growth , minimum galaxy, and absolute minimum worlds to you never get past a few hundred pops by 12500.you would also have to avoid expanding and building habs and ringworlds. it's not the time that causes lag, it's the number of pops.

this would be incredibly boring to play but i can easily see this lasting until absurdly late before lag set in.
There's a popular mod which is somewhat like that:

volatile motes.jpg

• 9Haha
  • 3Like
Reactions:
honestly those traits need a boost, they take the same amount of points as industrious or intelligent and offer almost nothing in comparison.

not trying to derail the thread into discussions again but this has annoyed me since lithoids dropped.

Reactions:
From the Plantoid Dev Diary:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 9.45.13 AM.png

... and a bonus meme:

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 9.43.08 AM.png

• 10Haha
Reactions:
When you accept Mammal refugees into your Shared Burdens utopia:

VG9ygrC.jpeg

• 9Haha
  • 4Like
Reactions:
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
5kr2v3.jpg

Reactions:
Big yikes! Are you implying that Mammalians can't talk unless trained? I'm gonna report you for xenophobia on Xenonion!
I think he is trying to tell us that mammalians in his empire know their place and do not dare speaking unless prompted.

I think he is trying to tell us that mammalians in his empire know their place and do not dare speaking unless prompted.

It's a citizenship test.

Of course you don't speak unless prompted.

You don't get your driver's license if you randomly shout at people, speaking when prompted is much more effective.

Kq47eB1.jpeg

• 18Haha
Reactions:
Found some Rogue Servitors:

At6m2gq.jpeg

• 23Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions: