Stellaris: Leviathans announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Stellaris_Leviathans_Launcher_622x203.png

Space is lovely, dark and deep, but it has secrets it wants to keep. Rich systems defended by fierce creatures, hostile pockets of resistance to your civilization, and the sleeping giants of the universe – the Fallen Empires who may yet be stirred from their centuries long indolence.

In Stellaris: Leviathans, the galaxy will be filled anew with adventure and challenge as your new and naïve space-faring empire comes face-to-face and ship-to-ship with a host of dangers and rewards.

• Guardians: Powerful space entities with mysterious origins and motives. Fight or investigate them to unlock technologies and gain access to great treasures.
  • Enclaves: Independent outposts of traders and artists who are willing to make a deal. Exchange resources, purchase information about the galaxy, or commission a great work of art for your empire.
  • War In Heaven: Where will your fledgling empire lie if two ancient Fallen Empires decide to renew old grievances in a War in Heaven? Will you err on the side of caution and take a side with the stronger power, or will you strike at both whilst they are occupied with their own titanic struggle?
Leviathans is the first Story Pack for Stellaris, Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling science fiction strategy game. With new events, new species portraits, new encounters and new options, Leviathans adds a lot of new material, including new music and sounds, to one of 2016’s biggest strategy hits.

Stellaris: Leviathans will be available this Autumn.

If you want to learn more about what is coming in Stellaris: Leviathans and the accompanying Heinlein patch, then check out the development diaries archive!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions:
Great!

I hope that pack's name implies some new giant ships...

And... necrons in vedeo are cool too:p

Reactions:
Guardians and Enclaves sound a bit like the city-states in recent Civ games to be honest. It'll be interesting to see how they pan out. Perhaps they can pad out federations as minor associate members.

As you can probably tell, I'm still harbouring little fantasies about having federations that are actually fun to play with

Reactions:
I'm glad to read that, however I assume, that WiH crisis will be able to ignore by staying neutral-pacifists to both sides?

Reactions:
Good decision. Stories, background, quests, events, intricate chains of either, is exactly what Stellaris needs to make it exceptional and unique, more than anything else.
All hail Wiz :)

Reactions:
I assume the underwater Lovecraft tomb is a slight nob to having the Sunless Sea writer on board?

Also

Screen Shot 2016-09-15 at 15.04.04.png

Just what the hell IS that, Mr Spock?

Last edited:
Reactions:
does this mean that heinlein is probably not going to be released in october? that is pretty sad

Not really.
I would prefer to wait a week or two more , but have a more polished and balanced product.

Meanwhile I'll have fun with new EU4 dlc.. so it's not wasted time ;)

Reactions:
does this mean that heinlein is probably not going to be released in october? that is pretty sad
this IS heinlein, or rather, the paid content

Reactions: