Stellaris: Leviathans announced!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Seems interesting, price?

one thing im not so sure about is that this adds more population to the galaxy but i personally already feel kinda "cramped" using standard settings in galaxy creation. Having additional residence take up space im not 100% sure how i feel about that if they are also going to be cramped around me. At the same time you dont want them far away either because then others block the path to them.

Reactions:
This is awesome. Could be just what Stellaris needs, more story driven events and more space fauna ☺
What Stellaris needs is more engaging Empires development, and things to do late game.
Events and a populated galaxy are really nice, but it won't change much the internal gameplay of the empires, as far as we know.

So I take this DLC, it seems nice and all, but for the next big expansion I want something to do with my empire, and I want something to watch. Fighting the Big Evil is nice, becoming the Big Evil is better.

Reactions:
What do you mean by "story pack"? Is it just a conventional expansion or are you adding a few large semi-railroady story/quest lines or something like Charlemagne?

My excitement for this expansion sounds like it will be closely related to the price. These sound like kind of interesting things, but not much in the way of alterations to the gameplay.

Reactions:
Reactions:
Initial impression. Not interested. There's too many other things that need work -- diplomacy, trade, ship composition, victory conditions, etc. -- before considering additional content. Already, the initial price seems to be increasing, and I still don't know if I will have a functional game. I probably won't buy this.

Reactions:
@BjornB War in heaven, nice 40k reference guys.

I am gonna be that guy...

It's a biblical reference that 40k incorporated. I enjoy me some 40k, but the setting is a grab bag of derivative ideas from everywhere. There aren't that many original ideas in it. Certainly not the term "War in Heaven," which is hundreds of years old!

Reactions:
Pretty awesome, can't wait to do some let's plays.

But I am still hoping for more central features like commerce and more mid and late-game content than just conquest and releasing nations to vassalize.

Nonetheless, Paradox has my support!

Reactions:
Players: No expantions fix the bugs and balance the game now!
Paradox: Ok here is some story content while we fix thing.
Players: Story content WTF give us new mechanics now!

Always gonna be someone complaining no matter what ...

Reactions:
I'm glad to read that, however I assume, that WiH crisis will be able to ignore by staying neutral-pacifists to both sides?

I don't think so. It's either with one side or become a litigant yourself. The War in the Haven is the end war: whoever wins controls the galaxy.

Also if all empires could play Switzerland it would completely defeat the purpose of the event.

Reactions:
This looks/sounds promising but as others have said the decision maker will be the price.

Reactions: