Stellaris "Lem" Update Discord Q&A

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MrFreake_PDX

Lt. General
Community Ambassador
10 Badges
Feb 20, 2020
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
Have a question about the Lem Update, named for Sci-Fi author Stanisław Lem, or a question you've always wanted to ask a Stellaris Dev?

On Thursday, September 9th, join us on the Stellaris Discord for the Lem Update Q&A!

Join here: http://discord.gg/stellarisofficial

lem qna template_green.png

• 7Like
Reactions:
I will likely be unable to attend the Q&A. I had a whole series of bug reports on the AI and economic behavior being broken on default settings in 3.0.x. They are among the most popular/upvoted bug reports on the forum for 3.0.x (actually, for all time!).

Here is one example of somewhere around a dozen posts:

I will likely be unable to attend the Q&A but I would like to know what was done to improve the economic AI so that AI empires are competitive at default settings through the course of an entire game. Or, at the very least, not obviously broken in the ways that I documented in all those bug reports. Were the issues in my reports fixed?

If I were able to attend the Q&A, I would also like to ask about what actions were taken in response to the AI feedback threads for 3.0.x. For example this feedback thread has exactly one dev response, asking for a save file:

but it has nearly 100 posts discussing specific problems in great detail. What action was taken on that for Lem?

• 2Like
Reactions:
I also am incredibly curious about the ai, but will be unable to attend the q&a. All info i have seen so far was a paradox staff comment under the last dev diary stating that the ai improvement is "bearing fruits".

• 1Like
Reactions: