Stellaris is now available for pre-order! Information + FAQ

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BjornB

★Community Manager★
Paradox Staff
81 Badges
Apr 2, 2012
  • March of the Eagles
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Impire
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Starvoid
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Ancient Space
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
Countdown to Launch: Stellaris Now Available for Pre-Order
Paradox to Send Fans’ Names into Space to Signal E.T.

Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games that don’t just take up space, today began accepting pre-orders for Stellaris, the forthcoming sci-fi grand strategy game from Paradox Development Studio. Several versions of Stellaris are now available for pre-purchase, including premium editions which include a variety of bonus content. Stellaris challenges players to explore a new universe and establish an empire across the stars, venturing into new territory for Paradox’s traditionally historical games. The game will be released for Windows, Mac, and Linux PCs on May 9, 2016.

Players can pre-order the Stellaris game in the Standard Edition ($39.99), or in the Nova Edition ($49.99), the latter of which includes not only the game but also a 140-minute digital soundtrack, and more. The Galaxy Edition ($69.99) is also available and includes all of the above items, along with an extensive Digital Collector’s Book detailing the art and design of Stellaris, the novel “Stellaris: Infinite Frontiers” on eBook, and an exclusive wallpaper signed by the Stellaris development team.

In addition, fans who pre-order any edition of Stellaris will have their name sent into lower space by Paradox. A USB drive filled with the names of all pre-order participants will be attached to a weather balloon and launched into the upper stratosphere in an effort to let drive-by extraterrestrials know who among us are the most enthusiastic to explore space and meet new friends. Pre-orders will also be rewarded with a set ofStellaris ringtones from the game’s original soundtrack.

If you pre-order you also get the Creatures of the Void DLC - a cosmetic add on that includes five new alien designs chosen by our community. Watch as the Hydra/Xenomorph, Evil Porcupine, Dinosaur Bird, Shadowy Anthropoid and Fungoid Infected Mammalian spread their grasping appendages across the galaxy.

For details on all pre-order rewards and versions, click here!

Stellaris is the new science fiction strategy game from Paradox Development Studio, the creators of Crusader Kings, Europa Universalis and Hearts of Iron. This will be the first strategy game from PDS that is rooted not in the past, but the future, as you guide a species of your design to power and glory in the depths of space. With randomly created opponents and procedurally generated star systems, no two games can ever play out the same way.

For more information about Stellaris, visit http://www.stellarisgame.com/

Pre-Order_Package_transparent.png

FAQ
  • When is the game released?
    • May 9th
  • How much does it cost?
    • €39,99/€49.99/€69.99 - please visit the product page to learn about the different options.
  • Where can I buy it?
    • It’s available through Our webshop, Steam, and other major outlets.
  • Is there a non-Steam version?
    • No. You will receive a Steam key/require Steam no matter where you buy your copy of the game. Even physical distributions will require Steam.
  • Is there physical distributions available? (Buy the game on disc)
    • You can buy physical copies in some countries (for example UK and Germany). The most obvious place to look for it is your regional Amazon.
  • What do I get from pre-ordering?
- Creatures of the Void (Cosmetic DLC)
Five additional alien avatars exclusive to pre-order customers, each inspired by design suggestions from the community. These dark, creepy, and twisted creatures include: Hydra/Xenomorph, Evil Porcupine, Dinosaur Bird, Shadowy Anthropoid and Fungoid Infected Mammalian, with which to populate the galaxy.

-Ringtones and Message Alert Sounds
Get the stirring Stellaris theme as composed by Andreas Waldetoft as your ringtone, and receive communications from across time and space! Also includes 5 sound effects from Stellaris suitable for text messages and alerts.

- Blorg Forum Avatar
Become an official Spacefriend of Blorg!!!!!!!

- Send Your Name into (almost) Space
We will literally take your name and launch it into the upper stratosphere on a weather balloon, and we´ll film the whole thing! Some day, extraterrestrial life may know that you dared to reach out to them! Must have a Paradox Account linked to your Steam Account to have your name included; must link accounts before June 1, 2016 to qualify.

• Does Paradox get more money if I pre-order through Paradoxplaza?
    • Yes
  • If I buy a cheaper edition, is it possible to upgrade to the more expensive one later?
    • If you buy it on Steam, yes. If you buy it on Paradoxplaza, no. For other retailers, please consult their own information. --UPDATED!!! Turns out we're not entirely sure how this will work. Can't say anything for sure right now...
  • When will I receive my game if I pre-order?
    • You will receive a Steam key on the 9th of May if you pre-order through Paradoxplaza.com. For other retailers, please see their information.

• When will I receive my other items, ringtones etc?
    • Everything is delivered on May 9th. Forum avatars and icons are available right away however, as long as your Paradox and Steam accounts are linked. You may have to log out and back into the forums.
  • Will the game have the option to pre-load it before release?
    • This is not an option we can offer due to issues with Grey Market and not approved retailers that are likely to scam customers.
  • I found this other retailer that is selling the game cheaper, how is that?
    • According to European law, retailers are allowed to set a different price than the suggested price. However, in the most cases, the a cheaper retailer is usually not legit or have got keys to our games in an unauthorized way. We recommend that you purchase keys from ParadoxPlaza, Steam or any other major retailers.
  • This game look interesting, but I want to know more before I purchase it.
    • There is quite a bit of game play videos available through Youtube. We suggest you check them out to see more of the game before making your decision. You can start at our own ParadoxExtra Youtube channel
Important information about retailers!
There is a large so called “grey market” which has made it a business to obtain Steam keys through illegal means (false credit card information usually) that they sell under market price. The most common outcome of buying keys like this is that after a few days the game will be removed from your Steam account due to the payment never going through. You will still have paid money however, and you will not get this money back. You have been warned!

Last edited:
Reactions:
If I buy the galactic edition, do I get the forum icon from the nova edition as well?

This is important.

Iconsssss....

Last edited:
Reactions:
If I buy the galactic edition, do I get the forum icon (not avatar) from the nova edition as well?

This is important.

Iconsssss....
No each version comes with its own icons.

UPDATE:
Screw it, you get all icons below the tier you buy :p. So if you buy Nova Edition you get Nova+Base icon, if you buy Galaxy you get Galaxy+Nova+Base.

We love you guys too much to not give you the awesome icons ;)!

Last edited:
Reactions:
If I buy the galactic edition, do I get the forum icon (not avatar) from the nova edition as well?

This is important.

Iconsssss....

Players can pre-order the Stellaris game in the Standard Edition ($39.99), or in the Nova Edition ($49.99), the latter of which includes not only the game but also a 140-minute digital soundtrack, and more. The Galaxy Edition ($69.99) is also available and includes all of the above items, along with an extensive Digital Collector’s Book detailing the art and design of Stellaris, the novel “Stellaris: Infinite Frontiers” on eBook, and an exclusive wallpaper signed by the Stellaris development team.

Looks like YES, but i´m in doubt yet . Paradox help ?

This is important.

Iconsssss....
This is important to me, because I actually like the blue icon far more than the gold icon. Looks like I'll be settling for Nova edition.

Reactions:
Since it's almost ready, what do you guys think about releasing some modding information so we can have not only 0-day DLC but also 0-day mod e.g brief overview of modding features, ship model and texture types, picture formats?

There is some information out in the beta testing group. But I'll see what I can do. Would love day 1 mods!

Reactions:
Just got it. I don't know why I'm suddenly more at ease, not like I can play the game any sooner lol. Suppose it's just one less thing to remember!

Reactions:
No physical copies for US? :C Couldn't find it on Amazon

The US usually don't have physical copies I think. UK and Germany does though.

Reactions:
If those don't pre order the game, will they get another chance to purchase the Creatures of the Void (Cosmetic DLC) and the Exclusive Alien Race (Cosmetic DLC)?

Reactions: