Needs Info Stellaris - Hush Descends event won't trigger in the Manifesti faction event chain

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gyarados93

Recruit
63 Badges
Apr 20, 2021
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
Description
Hush Descends event won't trigger in the Manifesti faction event chain

Game Version
Dick v3.0.1 (c04b)

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
The Manifesti event chain started and I selected the options that did nothing and they became a faction. I am a corporate authority government that is egalitarian, xenophile, and materialist. They have become a huge faction with 1/4 pops support. Their approval rating is at 5%. I read that the event "Hush Descends" is supposed to trigger at 35% approval rating to get rid of the faction. They have been around for a while and it still hasn't triggered. This is making my playthrough unplayable as all my planets stability is crashing.

Steps to reproduce the issue.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 20210420142646_1.jpg
    20210420142646_1.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 0
Hello!

Thank you for the report!

Do you happen to have a save where this issue happen? would be really helpful to confirm your issue.

I have pretty much the same problem, playing xenophile, egalitarian, materialistic.
The faction was fun at first but quickly became annoying, so first i tried to suppress them which gave them even more follower gain.
So i thought if i can't beat them, i will join them and tried to fulfill their demands, could do everything except for the autonomous munitions since that apparently needs the autonomous ship intellects tech that can only be researched by machine empires, the normal sapient combat computer doesn't seem to work, so since that demand simply can not be fulfilled i couldn't gain much influence from the faction even when fulfilling the other stuff.
Eventually i went back to normal and let them be but they are still happily gaining followers even though none of their demands are met, meaning that 50% of my population is now deeply unhappy because their joke factions demands are not met and my influence is down to a sporadic tickle.
They have been around for 40 or 50+ years now if not more and the joke should really be getting old at some point.

My suggestion is to put in a guaranteed end date for this, it may go faster or not but at some point it should end because right now its simply one of those events that you pick once but never again since its simply not worth the trouble (especially if it does in fact not end and you are just stuck with the trouble forever). It would need a permanent boon as reward for me to put up with this again and even then i would probably not do it.

Attached are a screenshot and the savegame.

Attachments

• aramathicouncil3_-1341662249.zip
    2,4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20210423134912_1.jpg
    20210423134912_1.jpg
    417,5 KB · Views: 0
Same here. I love the concept, but I really feel at a certain point you should be able to forcibly disband them if they've become disruptive. (High support, but demands have been unmet and it's hurting your empire.)

As other's said there's been quite a few reports where even if the Manifesti disbands (Maybe the event can fire without console help somehow?) they re-appear, re-disband, re-appear, re-disband, etc. which seems unintended. Although the event text mentions "Attendance at galleries and museums has never been higher, but the public gaze has already moved on to newer, controversial groups of artists" implying that might not be the last of them. (As in, the new group of artists might be starting the "next" Manifesti chapter.)

Last edited:
Basically the same here. Almost a quarter of my pops are a member of the faction. Attaching an ironman save - I do have the Tiny Outliner v2 mod installed, but that's it. Not sure how long they've been around - feels like forever. I haven't done anything with console commands to deal with them (although I think I can't because of ironman mode). I also haven't bothered doing anything to try to appease them, and haven't tried anything else with them. I've mostly just been ignoring them, but, you know, they're dumb, and based on the wiki's explanation and this thread it sure seems like they're not working as intended. (running on 3.02, but I think I started the game on 3.01 and picked up the manifesti sometime after the 3.02 patch)

Attachments

• ironman.sav
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
I like the idea of the Manifesti. The hippies and the Situationists IN SPAAAAAACE!!! is pretty fun in terms of lore, as is the idea of a protest movement emerging in response to an unpopular government, and seems like it can be taken in some interesting directions.

The problem, as others have pointed out, is that it's buggy as hell. The only way to deal with them is to stamp them out early the moment the event chain triggers, before they ever become a faction. According to the wiki, it should end at some point when their support gets below 35%, but that never happens, meaning that you'll be taking a massive influence hit trying to deal with them. I recommend putting a hard end date on the movement, as indicated by the text for the "A Hush Descends" event indicating that it was just a passing fad. After no more than ten years, "A Hush Descends" triggers, the Manifesti dissolve, most of their support goes into a mainstream Egalitarian faction, and you get the normal "Dreams Become Manifesti" modifier.

I have a whole bunch of other ideas for how to make the Manifesti a more interesting faction beyond just a short quest line... but they'd go into a much deeper thread.

Also having this problem and it more or less making my mid-stage game unplayable. Unfortunately this is an Ironman game so there's no workaround. I may have to abandon the game which makes me sad - it was going so well. This is the 3.03 beta.

When i got the manifesti event chain i chose the option to throw them into jail. This luckily prevented the creation of the manifesti faction, but in situation log the rise of the manifesti is stuck forever now at 2/3.