As Designed Stellaris - Galaxy setup after 3.0

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Foxosaur

Lt. General
20 Badges
Aug 3, 2020
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV
Description
Galaxy setup after 3.0

Game Version
Any 3.0+

What version do you use?
Paradox Launcher

What expansions do you have installed?

Do you have mods enabled?

No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
This might be a wider problem... I had my galaxy setup to Commodore/Scaling/Huge galaxy settings prior to 3.0

Patched Stellaris and started a new playthrough with these settings and noted that empires were hardly spawning constructor ships 100 years into the game and fleets were very small. I then exited back to the main menu and found I could not select Small/Tiny galaxies as an option, it only showed Medium - Large - Huge.

After resetting the galaxy setup screen to defaults it returned to normal and they became accessible again. I don't know if the playthrough really was on Ensign (a game default, not my own) but could be worth investigating

Steps to reproduce the issue.
I guess revert back to 2.8.1 + set with -dx11 switch. Setup a galaxy as Huge, Commodore, Scaling dififculty, high aggressiveness. Start a game, then save it... exit out of the game. Patch it to the latest, and see if you can pick Small/Tiny as a galaxy option and if you can't, check if the game is running with Ensign bonus maybe.

Nothing to attach in this case that can demonstrate the problem.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• aaa.PNG
    aaa.PNG
    57,3 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
U really should not play games u started with 2.8 in 3.0. It is better u finish ur game in 2.8 first and start a complete new game in 3.0. The upgrade of old saves messes a lot of stuff up.
You need to re-read my post - and I didn't. That isn't part of the problem anyway. I'm talking about the galaxy setting screen became broken and after starting my first 3.0 playthrough - Small/tiny options weren't an option :) .

Last edited:
Hi!

Thanks for the report! I'm making a guess here, but did you have the Galaxy Shape set to Spiral (4 Arms) when you had the size locked to Medium/Large/Huge? Small and Tiny map sizes are not available for Spiral (4 Arms), likewise Tiny isn't available for Spiral (2 Arms). If so, that's working as it should!

Otherwise for the potential AI issue you've mentioned, can you please open another bug report with a save file attached if you notice it again.

Reactions:
Hi!

Thanks for the report! I'm making a guess here, but did you have the Galaxy Shape set to Spiral (4 Arms) when you had the size locked to Medium/Large/Huge? Small and Tiny map sizes are not available for Spiral (4 Arms), likewise Tiny isn't available for Spiral (2 Arms). If so, that's working as it should!

Otherwise for the potential AI issue you've mentioned, can you please open another bug report with a save file attached if you notice it again.

Ah thank you that might make sense then. And interestingly on my 2nd _new_ playthrough, I started yesterday and after having reset the galaxy defaults and putting them back to high AI aggressiveness, commodore (but also on 3.0.2), I'm finding them expand well... and no shortage of constructor ships - to the point a friendly empire has pretty much gone around me and almost boxed me in :D

Ah thank you that might make sense then. And interestingly on my 2nd _new_ playthrough, I started yesterday and after having reset the galaxy defaults and putting them back to high AI aggressiveness, commodore (but also on 3.0.2), I'm finding them expand well... and no shortage of constructor ships - to the point a friendly empire has pretty much gone around me and almost boxed me in :D

Thanks for the fast reply! I'll mark this as working as designed :)

• 1Like
Reactions: