• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HistoricalScore1

First Lieutenant
May 5, 2021
Description
First Contact Abduction Failure

Game Version

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Utopia, Apocalypse, Distant Stars, Ancient Relics, Federations

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Thanks for your hard work!

I'm unsure if this is a bug or not. Because of what it reads in the situation log after pausing "No traces of components that we did not already research." Most players wouldn't notice the Situation Log if they didn't pause to see that message and would possibly think, like me, it's a bug. I just happened to come across it soo many times as that's always my First protocol move (Orks Da Best!) that I decided to pause.

I've had this happen with no mods consistently. About a dozen different times as I play on hard difficulty and lose. Happened with 3.02. as well. I'm using Tiny Outliner and UI Overhaul, because it should be in the base game.

Simple. When doing First Contact Stage 2, if failed to capture the vessel where it blows up, a Situation Log appears to research the debris. I even see the orange icon on the map. I unpause and it's gone. I wonder how many play aggressive first contact. :D

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Find xeno.
2. Get science vessel close to xeno to abduct for sweet research!
3. Fail/they blow up their own ship and hope for consolation of researching ship.
4. Cry when the Situation log and Research icon on map disappears.

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• bug.stellaris.png
    bug.stellaris.png
    1,6 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0