• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zariaeus

Recruit
16 Badges
Sep 19, 2022
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
Screenshot 2022-09-18 202132.png

I have downloaded all the files I could think of that qualify as C++ Registrable and .NetFramework as you can see in my downloads which I installed and then restarted the computer as the files requested and it is still not functioning, what I have not downloaded that it is not allowing it to work?

In the game launcher please set Display mode to Borderless. THEN go here:
And run the x86 and x64 installers there.

IF that doesn't help, Has the game ever run successfully on this computer? Or never?

IF IT USED TO RUN:
Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.

IF NEVER:
Install ALL these Microsoft modules:

(run dxsetup.exe after extracting this download to its own folder anywhere on your computer)

Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

Also if you have FRAPS or the MSI Gaming App or Rivatuner installed, disable it as it clashes with this game.

If that doesn't help:
DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

This fix still doesnt work on me.
The game used to run perfectly fine. On the 20th i bought toxoid and played a bit but then the game is bugged, everytime i exit the game on steam the game is still running and you cant stop it. the only way to stop it is to restart steam basically. But then on the 21st it's fixed and the game run perfectly fine. Today (22nd) i encountered this error. I can still launch the game by launching it directly through the .exe, but if i launch it with steam i got the same error as the above. i tried all the fix listed here and it still wont work.
i will attach the files that may help.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    126,8 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    289 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This fix still doesnt work on me.
Then you have a different problem. Please in future make your own new thread, thanks.

If you can run stellaris.exe but the launcher cannot, that is usually an antivirus app getting in the way. What antivirus app do you use? You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

stellaris.exe and dowser.exe (in the Steam stellaris folder)
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.11/paradox launcher.exe
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe

IF that doesn't help, also set each of those .exe files (EXCEPT stellaris.exe !) to run as the Windows Admin user.

Then the game should run from Steam/our launcher, and enable all the DLCs.

Then you have a different problem. Please in future make your own new thread, thanks.

If you can run stellaris.exe but the launcher cannot, that is usually an antivirus app getting in the way. What antivirus app do you use? You need to make sure all these apps are in its exceptions lists:

stellaris.exe and dowser.exe (in the Steam stellaris folder)
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2022.11/paradox launcher.exe
C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/bootstrapper-v2.exe

IF that doesn't help, also set each of those .exe files (EXCEPT stellaris.exe !) to run as the Windows Admin user.

Then the game should run from Steam/our launcher, and enable all the DLCs.
Okay im sorry, but before i tried making new thread but paradox flagged it as spam i dont know why so i replied here.
Anyway it's fixed now i reinstalled the launcher and now it works like before.
Thanks for the support.