Stellaris: Distant Stars Reveal Trailer

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I like to see another story pack in the works, I'd prefer the current problems being adressed even more. From a marketing point of view it's probably bad timing to just release the trailer days after that patch-fiasco. Should have gotten in a dev-diary and another hotfix about bugfixing and ai first.

Much better than making up new mechanics for the sake of saying you have a new mechanic.
I would argue that new mechanics is exactly what Stellaris is lacking, we've had a few Empire specific mechanics (hive mind, synths etc) and some minor story mechanics (Marauders) but the last new major mechanics added were the Factions and Unity/Ascension systems in Utopia.

I'm happy to be getting more content in Stellaris, but honestly ... the feature list for the DLC reads almost exactly like the feature list for the original release. (apart from the hidden constellation stuff)

MAIN FEATURES

Behind Closed Doors:
Discover hidden traces of an ancient gateway network unlocking a sealed path to a constellation outside our own galaxy. But is this door holding something out, or keeping something in?

Sensors are Picking up… That Can’t be Right: Encounter dozens of new anomalies and events for your intrepid scientists to observe and analyze, and a galaxy of wonders for them to discover.

Brave New Worlds: Plot unexplored unique solar systems, each with their own story to tell. Gain technology, resources, and valuable worlds to colonize.

There’s Always a Bigger Fish: Come face to face with a number of unique gargantuan creatures that exist and thrive in the vacuum of space. But approach with caution, because whether gentle giants or something more sinister, these legendary behemoths have existed long before you and will do what it takes to survive long after.

I would argue that new mechanics is exactly what Stellaris is lacking, we've had a few Empire specific mechanics (hive mind, synths etc) and some minor story mechanics (Marauders) but the last new major mechanics added were the Factions and Unity/Ascension systems in Utopia.

I'm happy to be getting more content in Stellaris, but honestly ... the feature list for the DLC reads almost exactly like the feature list for the original release. (apart from the hidden constellation stuff)

Oh, I entirely agree. My point is that I want Mechanical DLC to show up when PDS has devised a new mechanic, not have new mechanics show up when PDS needs to sell new DLC to keep running. For the later, I rather they release story packs while they keep working on mechanics that are worth an expansion.

Guess this is the first DLC I won't buy. It is centered at the most pointless part of the game. Exploration was nerfed multiple times in the last patches, no more bonus research points, no need to level up scientists to assist research, heck - with the new patch there will be no need to level up scientists. Period. There is even no need to find new people as the new option to exchange communications will do that for free! Why should I care about couple more anomalies in the new DLC? Oh right, same anomalies won't spawn so I guess exploring will be worth even less.

I hate to be a downer but the trailer is just showing us stuff we already have in the game....

I do think a story pack right now is a great idea and needed for sure! A bunch of new anomalies would be cool too.

the content here looks great, but for my money i will not be purchasing it until they have made the game stable again. its still too soon after v2

I`d bet it has something to do with the tiyanaki. Would be nice to have some more story to spaceborn life in general.

Seems like they took my meme to heart:

20180413093501_1.jpg

Oh so that's what they were working on instead of fixing the bugs in 2.0.

The AI is still completely broken but at least we can buy some more DLC.

Last edited: