Stellaris: Dev Diary Summer Hiatus

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Aquatic life forms.
Given that lithoids was the first thing that happened after summer last year, I'm inclined to agree.
Yeah, but everybody assumes ( falsely ) that Paradox would use the opportunity of such a ( rather small ( content ) and rather cosmetic ) species-pack-DLC to put a lot of efforts into the patch-part ( completions, fixes, optimisations and balancing ) in regards to the accompanying update.

But as an example, that's what we got with the Lithoids-DLC:
https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Patch_2.5 and https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Patch_2.5.X#2.5.1 ... Call me nuts, but such "efforts" aren't even worth to talk about. Not to mention that half of the stuff from V2.5.1 had handled problems in regards to the Lithoids-DLC itself.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Yeah, but everybody assumes ( falsely ) that Paradox would use the opportunity of such a ( rather small ( content ) and rather cosmetic ) species-pack-DLC to put a lot of efforts into the patch-part ( completions, fixes, optimisations and balancing ) in regards to the accompanying update.

But as an example, that's what we got with the Lithoids-DLC:
https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Patch_2.5 and https://stellaris.paradoxwikis.com/Patch_2.5.X#2.5.1 ... Call me nuts, but such "efforts" aren't even worth to talk about. Not to mention that half of the stuff from V2.5.1 had handled problems in regards to the Lithoids-DLC itself.
I make no assumptions that paradox used the opportunity to fix the game. Far from it. A species pack is just an easy thing to come back from break with.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Commence the speculation on version naming! :p

Either someone's a fan of Stargate Atlantis, and it might thus be related to more precursor stuff, or otherwise it could refer to the sunken continent of Atlantis, which would be more inline with terraforming changes. Either way, nothing about population, which is precisely why it's probably included, since codenames are supposed to obfuscate the actual content :p

Atlantis rising has always been the name of their Dev Branch. What you need to be looking out for is a new Depot, which hasn't appeared (don't worry, I'm keeping an eye out).

Depot names are always jokes hinting at the content they contain: Utopia was "Alien Cooking Simulator", Apocalypse was "Pew Pew Peacemaker", and Federations was "Hugbox Pack".

Reactions:
I make no assumptions that paradox used the opportunity to fix the game. Far from it. A species pack is just an easy thing to come back from break with.

So far the pattern has been: Major DLC, story pack, minor DLC, species pack, repeat. If they stick to this, then we'd be expecting a story pack, and primitives is the perfect thing to expand on (although I could also see Fallen Empires getting a makeover).

And yeah, just as likely paradox puts the extra dev time they get into the next DLC. Maybe one day the game will have no major issues, but I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions:
WOW, I've totally forgotten that this "dd" is already nearly 2 ( not 1 ) months old. Not to mention the additional 1 month of silence before. That makes 3 months and I guess that it will be the 27.08.2020 ( a thursday, the "regular" day for Stellaris-dd(s) ) when we will ... hear something ?

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
WOW, I've totally forgotten that this "dd" is already nearly 2 months ( not 1 ) old. Not to mention the additional 1 month of silence before. That makes 3 months and I guess that it will be the 27.08.2020 ( a thursday, the "regular" day for Stellaris-dd(s) ) when we will ... hear something ?

we’ll be back later in the Summer!

School summer is almost at the end. They should already have at least a date by now when the next DD is going to be... all we get is silence making me wonder if they are really working on the game or we will see something like "Sorry for your impatience here's 5 bug fixes for the whole summer. We had a break so nobody was working.".
If the 2nd thing happens, I'll forever quit Paradox games no more bought DLCs nor new games...

Reactions: