• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary. Today is the third week of post-Synthetic Dawn 'filler' dev diaries, as mentioned in Dev Diary 88. Regular dev diaries return on October 26th.

As we don't have anything in particular to talk about this week, I'm just going to give you another brief update on 1.8 post-launch support: We released the 1.8.2 update yesterday, with all the fixes from the 1.8.1 beta as well as some additional fixes and tweaks.

There has been a couple of script issues reported in 1.8.2 related to Devouring Swarms, Exterminators and Purifiers (missing tooltips and opinion modifiers) that we are going to look at and likely publish a fix for, but other than that we feel like we have now addressed all important issues reported in 1.8 and 1.8.1 and so will be wrapping up 1.8 post-launch support if no other critical issues are found in the live build.

As before, I'm going to sign off this dev diary with a screenshot, this one taken on the galaxy map in the internal development build, where everything clearly looks the same as it always has and there certainly aren't any significant changes being prototyped that I can't yet talk about. See you next week!
2017_10_12_2.png

Its probably a rework of the border system where you have to claim each starsystem seperatly with a frontier outpost. Something I'd be quite interested in, as I think that the current system doesn't work as well as it possibly can. I do wonder what this means for all +border range buffs though.

Next to that: an extra border added to empires is nice, as I sometimes have difficulty seeing who has what.

Interesting. So either discovering systems results in you claiming them, or we are finally getting unique rules for borders of Hyperlane Empires that was talked about (and these borders are result of neighboring nodes).

Tick border might represent closed borders maybe?

And will this exciting boarder rework involve ensuring all the empires in the game use unique colours while there are still unique colours available? So we don't get three empires using the same colour in a 12 empire game?

Like every other 4x that's used random empire generation in the history of 4xs that use random empire generation?

Last edited:
Interesting. So either discovering systems results in you claiming them, or we are finally getting unique rules for borders of Hyperlane Empires that was talked about (and these borders are result of neighboring nodes).

Tick border might represent closed borders maybe?
Maybe the border line is the secondary color like the borders in civilization

Maybe "buying" systems to expand the borders?