• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #87: A Glimpse of the Future

Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary! This is going to be a short one, as it's really just about letting you guys know that we'll be taking a break from feature development diaries for the next few weeks, so everyone gets a chance to focus on and enjoy Synthetic Dawn and the 1.8 update that just came out.

There will still be 'filler' dev diaries about whatever we feel like talking about that week, but they will *not* be about new features or development priorities. The team, of course, will not be idle, and indeed have already started working on the next big thing... but more on that another time. Feature dev diaries will resume as normal on October 26th.

However, as I don't want to leave you *completely* hanging, I'm going to share this screenshot taken from our internal development build, with absolutely no context or explanation. Enjoy!
space station above a star.png

Does the red make it shoot faster?

Looks interesting...
That's a lot of stations...

Feature dev diaries will resume as normal on October 26th.

That is a thousand years away.

Thank you for getting 1.8.1 out so quickly. Is the 'next big thing', barring the unexpected, scheduled (not expected) for the end of the year?

After bug killing, hopefully the team can get some well deserved rest.

Thank you for getting 1.8.1 out so quickly. Is the 'next big thing', barring the unexpected, scheduled (not expected) for the end of the year?

After bug killing, hopefully the team can get some well deserved rest.

I can't comment on timelines, but we're looking to update 1.8.1 with fixes to some additional reported issues, such as the problem with Synth Ascension and species rights.

The surrounding defence-stations aren't that interesting, but this big thing looks like a spaceport, which is connected with 6 other ones - time will tell^^