• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stellaris Dev Diary #171 - Federations Stream

Hello everyone!

This week we’re back with another dev diary! I apologize in advance for it being a shorter one, but don’t worry, we aim to make up for it with a stream!.

Later today at 17:00 CET we will be hosting a stream over at Twitch where we will be talking about Federations and showing off all the features in more detail (such as all the federation perks). We will also be announcing the release date for the Federations expansion and showing off a cool new trailer!

If you have things you want us to show on stream, please don’t be afraid to mention them here!

See you on the stream!

---

We announced that Federations will be released on March 17th!

You can watch the continued story trailer here:

You can also watch the VOD of yesterday's stream

Last edited:
1. The new fleet reinforcement mechanics.
2. The hegemonic federation.
3. The galactic council in a bit more detail.

Also, in general it would be nice if you pointed out what will be in the DLC and what will be in the free patch every time you show off a feature.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch the stream. Can somebody of you write a summary of the stream please, so I don't miss information?

Hello everyone!

This week we’re back with another dev diary! I apologize in advance for it being a shorter one, but don’t worry, we aim to make up for it with a stream!.

Later today at 17:00 CEST we will be hosting a stream over at Twitch where we will be talking about Federations and showing off all the features in more detail (such as all the federation perks). We will also be announcing the release date for the Federations expansion and showing off a cool new trailer!

If you have things you want us to show on stream, please don’t be afraid to mention them here!

See you on the stream!

(This post will be updated with more information during the day)
AI changes, especially War and Economy behaviors.

AI and automation are key issues for me in the game right now. There is far too much micromanagement needed for larger empires with sector and planetary automation producing overall poor results.

I was hoping for a full dev diary covering this but if the issues could be addressed in the stream at least so we have some answers that would be good.

AI improvements! Also show how allies and Federation members will act in a war please

talk a bit more about civics and origins, maybe discuss some interesting new combinations the new two part system allows, also maybe show off some of the less clear origins, the advantage of some of the more event chain based origins is very unclear and thus harder to get interested or excited about, what comes of having a gateway from the start? Are their special events regarding the lost colony origin?

Have sectors been touched at all?
  • Sector automation settings.
  • Assign construction ships to sectors to auto build stations (this used to be a thing?)
  • The ability to nudge systems in/out of/between established sectors (this was mentioned once long ago).
Will there be any new sliders/settings in the galaxy generation screen?
  • E.g. will we be able to set the max voting time on resolutions (1-5years)
Will there be any new map filters for diplomacy?
  • E.g. seeing which countries have favours they owe you, shaded by #favours.
  • Seeing which countries are voting for/against/abstaining on a resolution on the galaxy map.
  • Shading countries by which ones you've assigned envoys to (I'm sure we'll have to crawl through several menus to figure this out, otherwise).
  • Shading countries by which ones you have a commercial pact with/defence pact/research agreement/sensor swap. (This is useful on large galaxies with many AIs)
  • Map filter buttons also just spill onto the screen and this looks ugly/messy. Can they be put into a drop-down tab instead (Hoi4 does this?). Would make modding in more filters, easier, too.
Have fighters/interceptors changed at all?
  • The juggernaut is supposed to be fighter heavy... But right now (2.5.x) strikectaft are a bit crap..
Has purging been reworked at all?
  • (Or is it still slow as hell, to the point that it even breaks the scourge when it lands on a high-pop world and needs 3 centuries to kill everyone)
Have the crises been changed at all?
  • they often stagnate.
AI
  • AI economic planning.
Performance looks good - based on last week's video. But there are still all of the above issues that ought to be addressed.

Last edited: