• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary. Now that we have officially released the 2.1.1 update, we are working on making another rolling beta patch that we expect to release to you guys sometime next week. This beta, with version number 2.1.2, will continue to focus on bug fixes, QOL features and improvements to performance/stability. We expect to keep the beta going through the summer and release it as an official update sometime after the team returns from vacations.

Claims in Diplomatic Mapmode
Something that's been highly requested by the community since 2.0 came out is the ability to see the claims of other empires on the galactic map. In 2.1.2, you will be able to see the claims of any empire you have communications with by going into diplomatic mapmode and selecting that empire, allowing you to easily get an overview of what systems they are interested in. Displaying claims is a scripted setting on a mapmode that modders will be able to add to any custom mapmodes they feel would benefit from it.
2018_06_21_3.png

Creature/Fallen Empire Spawning
We're also spending some time tweaking the spawning radiuses of space creatures and fallen empires to try and ensure that they show up regularly even in densely populated galaxies. The spawning algorithm will still try to avoid boxing players in with Leviathans or hostile FEs, but hopefully there should be fewer instances of space creatures and Fallen Empires not showing up due to there being too many player empires on the map.

L-Cluster Improvements
As mentioned previously, we are still working on fleshing out the L-Cluster and adding more outcomes to it. We expect to get these improvements in at some point during the 2.1.2 rolling beta.

That's all for today! As July and vacation time is coming up, we're now going to go on a dev diary hiatus. There will likely be an update or two during this period to the 2.1.2 beta, but no regularly scheduled dev diaries. Dev diaries will return on August 9th, at which point we should be ready to start talking about what's coming next in terms of major updates and features. See you then!

Is it just me or does the 9th of August feel further away than ever with these teasers?
Looking forward to some more details on what's coming next.

Counting today, 13 more days my friend. Just hold on, we're nearly there.

There are still lag issues and out of sync issues in MP maps, especially in the bigger map sizes.

For a future update could you allow a fleet setting which will make a military fleet behave similar to Civilian Ship behavior concerning plotting courses travelling through areas of NEUTRAL space where there are hostile contacts, unless the fleet has been specifically ordered to enter that system?

This would mean that in some instances when the AI plots a ridiculous course around the spacelanes, your fleet won't attempt to fly through a area of space controlled by a Leviathan, especially when the fleet doesnt have the firepower to engage that Leviathan and win. Similar to Civilian ships, if the fleet cannot plot a course to its intended destination, the red X should appear over the target system

Can we also get the course plotter to favour travelling through the space of friendly contacts rather than quickest route. I have had several instances myself of a contact close borders on me while my fleet was in or close to its borders, this contact had been opening and closing borders like it was a new craze, when the fleet could have travelled through friendly space just as easily. By friendly I mean empires you either have a non agression pact, defensive pact or federatrion membership with (but not association)

Just some idea's I would put forward