• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello everyone and welcome to another Stellaris development diary. Now that we have officially released the 2.1.1 update, we are working on making another rolling beta patch that we expect to release to you guys sometime next week. This beta, with version number 2.1.2, will continue to focus on bug fixes, QOL features and improvements to performance/stability. We expect to keep the beta going through the summer and release it as an official update sometime after the team returns from vacations.

Claims in Diplomatic Mapmode
Something that's been highly requested by the community since 2.0 came out is the ability to see the claims of other empires on the galactic map. In 2.1.2, you will be able to see the claims of any empire you have communications with by going into diplomatic mapmode and selecting that empire, allowing you to easily get an overview of what systems they are interested in. Displaying claims is a scripted setting on a mapmode that modders will be able to add to any custom mapmodes they feel would benefit from it.
2018_06_21_3.png

Creature/Fallen Empire Spawning
We're also spending some time tweaking the spawning radiuses of space creatures and fallen empires to try and ensure that they show up regularly even in densely populated galaxies. The spawning algorithm will still try to avoid boxing players in with Leviathans or hostile FEs, but hopefully there should be fewer instances of space creatures and Fallen Empires not showing up due to there being too many player empires on the map.

L-Cluster Improvements
As mentioned previously, we are still working on fleshing out the L-Cluster and adding more outcomes to it. We expect to get these improvements in at some point during the 2.1.2 rolling beta.

That's all for today! As July and vacation time is coming up, we're now going to go on a dev diary hiatus. There will likely be an update or two during this period to the 2.1.2 beta, but no regularly scheduled dev diaries. Dev diaries will return on August 9th, at which point we should be ready to start talking about what's coming next in terms of major updates and features. See you then!

August 9? Crap

Hey we all need our holidays :)
And they keep on improving the game with a rolling beta.
Good enough for me.
No I know, I’m just overflowing with anticipation.

Any plans on making claims expire or canceling them in other way? To deal with opinion debuff spiral

You can already revoke claims, it's just the AI never does.

Ah, so I just made a fool of myself.

Not really. The AI doesn't cancel its own claims even when the circumstances of the relationship change, which is a legit issue.

Not really. The AI doesn't cancel its own claims even when the circumstances of the relationship change, which is a legit issue.

Maybe having claims disappear after a fixed number of years would be a good idea? That timer could be modified by various factors, like being militaristic gives +20% claim decay time, while pacifist does the opposite.

I also would like to have an option to demand cancellation of claims in a peace deal to force someone to revoke current claims. Same goes for vassals , maybe as part of the Diplomacy overhaul we could get options either to claim on behalf of a vassal or to tell a vassal what he should claim. The visibility of claims in the map-mode though is definitely an improvement. Good job on this.

Seeing Claims was possible as well before, when you moused over a given colonized system, but you weren't able to see claims on a non-colonized system! (Systems within an empire that has neither a colonized planet nor an upgraded Outpost.)
Will that be implemented? Because I see no difference in the screenshot, since you moused over a system that has either a colonized planet or an upgraded Outpost (in that case both).

I am sorry for asking the same question for the 5th time and thus being annoying with this, but are there any news on the Federation fleet problems? The problems have been reported so I will not repeate it all, just link it here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f368-federation-fleets.1090696/#post-24210118
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...designer-at-some-point.1096794/#post-24215107
The whole fleet capacity that is taken from you when you join a federation is pretty much a trap now because the Federation fleet is sort of a useless in singleplayer games (maybe except for when you use it as a cannon-fodder) because the AI keeps upgrading them to "auto-best" designs which are usually "as much PD as possible" but even if the AI started to make better designs, there is no way for players to retrofit the ships back.

This problem came with Cherryh update, we're post-Cherryh, now even post-Niven and we're moving into QoL stuff and I think this qualifies here. I've asked about this @Wiz three times and @Jamor once too. When you see that people ask about something before you and after you, both getting answer and you being ignored, you start getting a feeling that the entire problem is intentionally being ignored. Even as little as "We're working on it" or "It's on our to-do list" would be better than this ignoring attitude.

Thank you so much for updating the game and also for any news about this.

I am sorry for asking the same question for the 5th time and thus being annoying with this, but are there any news on the Federation fleet problems? The problems have been reported so I will not repeate it all, just link it here:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...f368-federation-fleets.1090696/#post-24210118
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...designer-at-some-point.1096794/#post-24215107
The whole fleet capacity that is taken from you when you join a federation is pretty much a trap now because the Federation fleet is sort of a useless in singleplayer games (maybe except for when you use it as a cannon-fodder) because the AI keeps upgrading them to "auto-best" designs which are usually "as much PD as possible" but even if the AI started to make better designs, there is no way for players to retrofit the ships back.

This problem came with Cherryh update, we're post-Cherryh, now even post-Niven and we're moving into QoL stuff and I think this qualifies here. I've asked about this @Wiz three times and @Jamor once too. When you see that people ask about something before you and after you, both getting answer and you being ignored, you start getting a feeling that the entire problem is intentionally being ignored. Even as little as "We're working on it" or "It's on our to-do list" would be better than this ignoring attitude.

Thank you so much for updating the game and also for any news about this.

This is a complex but not very bad issue (basically, the problem is that Federation members use ship templates you don't like, that's all), so it's likely going to be addressed in a Federation onverhaul.

Besides exaggerating the problem, you should probably not act like if you were more important than all the other players who also have opinions about what doesn't work well in this game. The devs aren't going to answer to each individual person. This doesn't mean they aren't working on it. And imagine if everyone was like you, persecuting the devs until they need to say something for every little problem they have... I hope you understand that while you are clearly well-intentioned, this is a somewhat childish attitude.

Seeing Claims was possible as well before, when you moused over a given colonized system, but you weren't able to see claims on a non-colonized system! (Systems within an empire that has neither a colonized planet nor an upgraded Outpost.)
Will that be implemented? Because I see no difference in the screenshot, since you moused over a system that has either a colonized planet or an upgraded Outpost (in that case both).

Looks to me as though it already has been - isn't the blue hexagon next to Lessiria showing a claim on an uncolonised system? (Presumably the UI will be reworked as it has no colonised flag to appear around)

I also would like to have an option to demand cancellation of claims in a peace deal to force someone to revoke current claims. Same goes for vassals , maybe as part of the Diplomacy overhaul we could get options either to claim on behalf of a vassal or to tell a vassal what he should claim. The visibility of claims in the map-mode though is definitely an improvement. Good job on this.

The Fallen Empire version of the humiliate cassus beli includes revoking all claims, or at least the text description says it does. I don't know if the regular empires can also do this with humiliate or not, the text doesn't mention it if they can.