• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

highscore07

Recruit
Feb 14, 2021
Hello,
I have been trying everything I can possibly think of to keep my game from crashing, but it always happens on February 1, 2571 no matter what I do.
Is there a way to fix this? Here is what I see in the crash report. I have invested a lot of time in this save file and would hate to lose it.

This has actually happened before to the same save file, and I went back ~100 years and played forward to see if it would still crash.. and it does.
Maybe there is some event happening on this date that I can prevent (like a megastructure being built?), but I am not sure how to find out how to solve.

Thank you to anyone who can help, I would really appreciate it!
I have the full crash report as well if needed. I am running Butler v2.8.1 (dfce) on MacOS 11.1

Crashed Thread: 0 MainThrd Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGILL)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0x4
Terminating Process: stellaris [93316]

Termination Signal: Illegal instruction: 4
That's a pretty serious bug, if it's a bug. Are there any mods involved here?

Can you try that save on a Windows machine?

That's a pretty serious bug, if it's a bug. Are there any mods involved here?

Can you try that save on a Windows machine?
Unfortunately I don't have a windows computer to try it on, but I do have my save files cloud synced. What does this error code tell you? I also tried Uninstalling and reinstalling the game (I am using steam on my mac) and that didn't work. Thought it might be a missing file or something?

Illegal instruction means there is a command in an executable that is not valid for the CPU to interpret. That's a pretty unlikely bug to get through any development process!

It tells us nothing about where the problem is or how to avoid it.

If you have a save game file that reliably shows this problem, please attach it here, preferably from just before the crash happens. I can test it on my iMac and Windows machines.

Illegal instruction means there is a command in an executable that is not valid for the CPU to interpret. That's a pretty unlikely bug to get through any development process!

It tells us nothing about where the problem is or how to avoid it.

If you have a save game file that reliably shows this problem, please attach it here, preferably from just before the crash happens. I can test it on my iMac and Windows machines.
You are awesome, I appreciate your help! Attached is the save game file. It is January 1, 2571 in this file, and the crash happens on February 1, 2571. The game won't get to February 2 without crashing on my end.

Attachments

• 2571.01.01 Latest Save.sav
    8,9 MB · Views: 0
That crashes on my iMac but not my Windows machine. So I guess it may be an issue with Big Sur.

If you can get access to any Windows machine just run the game past that date, then you can probably move back to the Mac.

As for the bug can you make a new thread in Bug Reports forum here please, attach that save and make it clear the crash happens on MacOS only.

Sorry for that probem!