As Designed Stellaris - Crash on specific date

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SuMaSLo

Recruit
19 Badges
Apr 16, 2021
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
Description
Crash on specific date

Game Version
[3.0.1][c04b]

What version do you use?
Steam

What expansions do you have installed?
Synthetic Dawn, Utopia, Leviathans Story Pack, Apocalypse, Megacorp, Ancient Relics

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Please explain your issue is in as much detail as possible.
Crashes on date of 2374.03.17 - even with oldest autosave (ca. 2372)

Steps to reproduce the issue.
1. Load savegame
2. Wait for 2374.03.17

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Attachments

• 2374.01.25.sav
    2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Hello.
If you are using an older save from before the new 3.0.1 update they may not function correctly.
When you start the game with the new version there should be a popup describing how to roll back to a previous game version if you wish to continue on an older save.

" Please note that save file compatibility between versions is not guaranteed. If you have an important 2.8.1 game going, please roll back to that version before trying to load the save in 3.0.1. You can roll back to a prior version via right click on Stellaris in library -> Properties -> Betas -> choose the desired version. "

I tried downgrading, but the issue prevailed. I could try an old manual save, but frankly i don't want to risk loosing hours of progress again (and I want some of that Dick), so I'll better start anew.
The notification would've been usefull I guess, but since I always 'continued' from the stellaris launcher I never saw it...