Stellaris: Console Edition - Utopia Release Date

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

badgr

Paradox Arc
6 Badges
Jun 12, 2018
twitter.com

Stellaris: Console Edition community, the news you've been waiting for has finally arrived!

The release date for the Utopia Expansion Pack will be 13 August, 2019! For Stellaris: Console Edition Deluxe owners, this content will unlock and be available to you at specific times in your regions based on the region and platform that you purchased the Deluxe version of the game. More information regarding the specific times will follow in the future!

Utopia features include:
  • Megastructures: Build wondrous structures in your systems including Dyson Spheres and ring worlds, bringing both prestige and major advantages to your race.
  • Habitat Stations: Build “tall” and establish space stations that will house more population, serving the role of planets in a small and confined empire.
  • Ascension Perks: Collect Unity points and adopt Traditions to unlock Ascension Perks that allow you to customize your empire in unique ways. Follow one of the three Ascension Paths and achieve Biological Mastery, give up your biological forms in a Synthetic Evolution, or unlock the full psionic potential of your species through Transcendance.
  • Indoctrination: Influence primitive civilizations and make them adopt your ethics through the use of observation stations, preparing them for enlightenment or annexation.
  • Advanced Slavery: Maximize the benefits of slavery by choosing specific roles for enthralled species. Have them serve other Pops as Domestic Servants, fight for your empire as Battle Thralls, or keep them as Livestock to feed your people.
  • Advanced Governments: Adopt unique civics and authorities for your government. Play as a Fanatic Purifier and shun all diplomacy, become a Hive Mind to avoid political strife or create a multi-species empire born of Syncretic Evolution.

This isn’t your average everyday slavery. This is ADVANCED slavery.
Conquering and harvesting an entire sapient species as food, then genetically modifying them to be dumb, docile and delicious while also being fertile? You better believe it's advanced slavery :D

At first I thought it was a re-release of Utopia, then I read "Console Edition".

*So* happy that we can lock that date down. Utopia is one of the best expansions for Stellaris, ever and I can't wait to see everyone here play with it. :)

Apart from the DLC, to which version is the console version patched? The original Utopia came alongside 1.5, but the console version is already on 1.7 or 1.8...

I want to know who “respectfully Disagreed”
I guess they don’t want one of the most important DLCs or something?

It’s great that this is coming out sooner than I had expected!

But... just one week ahead of this release is the release of Age of Wonders: Planetfall.

Hmmm... How is Christmas supposed to compete with this?

I want to know who “respectfully Disagreed”
I guess they don’t want one of the most important DLCs or something?

Maybe because that despite the fact that it is one of the most important DLC's, the AI just gets nothing but worse (as can be seen in the PC version forums) only difference is the console versions doesn't have access to the command console (which does exist in the console edition, it's just locked for no good logical reason) to provide a work around to enemy AI and sector AI from completely stagnating and crippling their economies. Creating more micromanagement for the player, and completely getting rid of any challenge, because regardless of the difficulty you play on because of AI stagnation causing them to completely stop building and upgrading anything so no matter what unless you are brain dead you will snowball ahead of everyone. With the command console, you can issue a command to switch over to an AI empire and construct what they are lacking and upgrade what they need so they can become a challenge again. So unless mods magically come to both consoles, and soon, there will be no such work around, and this is probably now the primary reason as to why the console edition needs the command console to be unlocked, and why it should before any more content, particularly before utopia is released other wise people will be stuck with a straight up broken as fuck AI, making all that new exciting stuff tedious to enjoy.

Console players don't have the patience PC players do, because unlike console players PC have ways and means to improve things the devs seem unable to. Console edition players are going to eventually find it intolerable, and just like every other overtly broken and buggy game that has ever come to a console, it's going to eventually lose its fizzle and fade out.

The devs can release all the exciting content they like, and I'll probably still buy it. But unless they fix the AI which seems to be a struggle, or provide a work around eventually people are going to grow impatient and play something else all together, making any future update beyond utopia short lived and pointless.

I don't mean to be grim, but don't say I didn't warn you.

Maybe because that despite the fact that it is one of the most important DLC's, the AI just gets nothing but worse (as can be seen in the PC version forums) only difference is the console versions doesn't have access to the command console (which does exist in the console edition, it's just locked for no good logical reason) to provide a work around to enemy AI and sector AI from completely stagnating and crippling their economies. Creating more micromanagement for the player, and completely getting rid of any challenge, because regardless of the difficulty you play on because of AI stagnation causing them to completely stop building and upgrading anything so no matter what unless you are brain dead you will snowball ahead of everyone. With the command console, you can issue a command to switch over to an AI empire and construct what they are lacking and upgrade what they need so they can become a challenge again. So unless mods magically come to both consoles, and soon, there will be no such work around, and this is probably now the primary reason as to why the console edition needs the command console to be unlocked, and why it should before any more content, particularly before utopia is released other wise people will be stuck with a straight up broken as fuck AI, making all that new exciting stuff tedious to enjoy.

Console players don't have the patience PC players do, because unlike console players PC have ways and means to improve things the devs seem unable to. Console edition players are going to eventually find it intolerable, and just like every other overtly broken and buggy game that has ever come to a console, it's going to eventually lose its fizzle and fade out.

The devs can release all the exciting content they like, and I'll probably still buy it. But unless they fix the AI which seems to be a struggle, or provide a work around eventually people are going to grow impatient and play something else all together, making any future update beyond utopia short lived and pointless.

with out console commands it's hard to care about any dlc as it stands the game is off my hard drive the start of the game is boring af atfer doing it a couple of times

Well I think it’s a bit early to say they won’t unlock the console commands, seeing as they only just recently decided the console edition was worth supporting beyond release. On the positive side, reviews declare the Utopia expansion to be the best of the lot and almost essential to have. I’ve been waiting for it, but Age of Wonders does complicate matters for me.

Very new player here, picked up the console edition about three weeks ago. As I understand it, Utopia released with 1.5 on PC, but console is at 1.7. Console already has some things like Factions and other bits that didn't get released on PC until with Utopia itself. I'm making it through my 5th game or so and am FINALLY just about to wipe out the Scourge, bit in order to win I had to play as a Militarist Xenophobe and just dominate everyone.

The reason I'm saying this is because based on my experience, I suspect the Console already has those problems you mention. Sector management is OK, and I'm trying to get away from micromanaging, but when I tried a Federation a few games ago, the friendly AI was absolutely awful. Despite research agreements, etc. my Federation mates never grew their fleets, would contribute almost nothing to the Federation fleet, and would immediately run their tiny fleets into the woodchipper at the first sign of danger. I"m wondering if that has to do with the nature of their empires? Many Xenophiles are Pacifists, so perhaps that's why their fleets would stay small, regardless? On the other hand, why would a bunch of powerful Militarists form a Federation in the first place?

I realize I'm asking more questions here, but I'm still excited for the update. Hopefully this means that I can actually try and play tall rather than try and manage 1/2 the galaxy at once. :)

Very new player here, picked up the console edition about three weeks ago. As I understand it, Utopia released with 1.5 on PC, but console is at 1.7. Console already has some things like Factions and other bits that didn't get released on PC until with Utopia itself. I'm making it through my 5th game or so and am FINALLY just about to wipe out the Scourge, bit in order to win I had to play as a Militarist Xenophobe and just dominate everyone.

The reason I'm saying this is because based on my experience, I suspect the Console already has those problems you mention. Sector management is OK, and I'm trying to get away from micromanaging, but when I tried a Federation a few games ago, the friendly AI was absolutely awful. Despite research agreements, etc. my Federation mates never grew their fleets, would contribute almost nothing to the Federation fleet, and would immediately run their tiny fleets into the woodchipper at the first sign of danger. I"m wondering if that has to do with the nature of their empires? Many Xenophiles are Pacifists, so perhaps that's why their fleets would stay small, regardless? On the other hand, why would a bunch of powerful Militarists form a Federation in the first place?

I realize I'm asking more questions here, but I'm still excited for the update. Hopefully this means that I can actually try and play tall rather than try and manage 1/2 the galaxy at once. :)

The console does have all these problems, you are absolutely right to suspect these things. And as the console edition progresses and catches up to the PC versions it's going to get worse, more bugs, more micro, and an AI that becomes even more broken. Only difference is the PC has access to the command console which provides a work around for a lot of these bugs, and especially as a work around for the broken AI.

So until the devs decide to come to their senses, hopefully after Utopia because from what I've read that's really where the broken AI becomes obviously broken, and unlock the command console. Then we are going to be forced to deal with a broken game, and that is going to ware the patience of console player's thin. To the point they probably won't play the game at all until all this is addressed and fixed.

Look at what happened with no man sky, sure this game in its current state is better than that game when it was initially released. BUT none the less my point stands, console players get fed up easily, and if nothing changes then console players are going to stop playing this game and hate it too.

I hope this game can catch up as quickly as Cities, but I also am concerned about the "consolability" of future ideas getting them rejected. I worry that the drive to make it controllable with a gamepad features will be reduced in complexity, much like the struggles faced by Frontier with Jurassic World: Evolution.

Really liking the console version. I would really appreciate a console command or cheat menu to try things out since the balance in this version is completely different from really any version pc has had and its impossible to find any good builds or fun ideas since all things are tweaked.

From a console perspective this game was hard to get into. IE: Fallen empires being very strong in this version as well as the unbidden just wrecking the universe as the ai dont seem to care and hate me more.

The multiplayer is great. Thanks for listening.

Just curious, will game owners who don't buy the add-on get any patches or incremental upgrades? I also have cities skylines for my console and occasionally on DLC releases I would get small patches to go with my base game without buying the full DLC. Not expecting to get everything for free just wondering if there were any releases to all owners going out

Just curious, will game owners who don't buy the add-on get any patches or incremental upgrades? I also have cities skylines for my console and occasionally on DLC releases I would get small patches to go with my base game without buying the full DLC. Not expecting to get everything for free just wondering if there were any releases to all owners going out
You will get the patch that goes with the DLC which will have its own features. Well post 1.7 patches anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.