• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Also will their be a game master option were the host can become the game master and control all things in the galaxy?

That sounds like observer mode. There will probably be some equivalent of that in the future. Observer can't control everything but mods could allow that if they are supported in the future (and who knows - observer may have super powers in console edition).

That sounds like observer mode. There will probably be some equivalent of that in the future. Observer can't control everything but mods could allow that if they are supported in the future (and who knows - observer may have super powers in console edition).

Or an easier solution would be for the dev's to just unlock the command console. Which would not only allow observer mode, but also all the perks along with it. Like taking over a stagnate brain dead AI empire, upgrading and building what they lack so they become a challenge again. Instead of just starving their pops and crippling their economy to the point it makes no difference what difficulty or aggressiveness you play on because ultimately you'll snowball them no matter what because the AI is so broken. Would be substantially easier to implement than mod support lol

Obviously you'll be able to upload the game in single player modify it with the command console then upload back into multiplayer which is technically cheating in retrospect, but the PC version seems to have no issues with this and neither should we.

Just my two cents, but what do I know? it's not like you can't find any of this information yourself, but of course people (who's names I won't mention) will make it seem like I'm just making this shit up lol

Or an easier solution would be for the dev's to just unlock the command console. Which would not only allow observer mode, but also all the perks along with it. Like taking over a stagnate brain dead AI empire, upgrading and building what they lack so they become a challenge again. Instead of just starving their pops and crippling their economy to the point it makes no difference what difficulty or aggressiveness you play on because ultimately you'll snowball them no matter what because the AI is so broken. Would be substantially easier to implement than mod support lol

Obviously you'll be able to upload the game in single player modify it with the command console then upload back into multiplayer which is technically cheating in retrospect, but the PC version seems to have no issues with this and neither should we.

Just my two cents, but what do I know? it's not like you can't find any of this information yourself, but of course people (who's names I won't mention) will make it seem like I'm just making this shit up lol

Unlocking the console would only give access to commands in this edition of the game - and seeing as the console is not in this version, it wouldn't enable it. There will be plenty of other features like this.

Is there or will there ever be PC and XBOX co op?

Currently there is no cross-play between systems, and it's unlikely that there will be - at least for the foreseeable future. The console edition of Stellaris is based on the 1.7 version of the game and the PC version is 2.5 if I'm not mistaken. I think the next big update takes it to 2.6. For cross-play to even be viable, the two editions would have to be on the same version/build before anything else. Given the performance differences and issues, and the intrinsic advantage that PC players could have I don't think cross-play is something we'll see for Stellaris. At least not for a while. Maybe after the next generation of consoles comes along and a lot more updates to console edition.

Currently there is no cross-play between systems, and it's unlikely that there will be - at least for the foreseeable future. The console edition of Stellaris is based on the 1.7 version of the game and the PC version is 2.5 if I'm not mistaken. I think the next big update takes it to 2.6. For cross-play to even be viable, the two editions would have to be on the same version/build before anything else. Given the performance differences and issues, and the intrinsic advantage that PC players could have I don't think cross-play is something we'll see for Stellaris. At least not for a while. Maybe after the next generation of consoles comes along and a lot more updates to console edition.
thank you

Let’s say I hosted the game and with three other friends. After we finished playing should they be able to play their saves in single player mode or is this not possible?
Not possible unless you send the save file to them, but you can't really do that on console so there is no way for them to open up that save on their own.

Hi. It seems only the host keeps the savegame so you can't continue the game if you joined. But if you joined a random online game it would be nice to keep a copy to continue playing. Makes no sense to play online with random players?

This is a technical difficulty that even with the PC version hasn't been worked out just yet. There have been a number of requests for a GM mode for the game, and it's something that we may explore in future but for right now it's not on the radar.

You can conduct all of the same diplomacy options that you currently have available to you with AI empires, except the person on the other end is a player. As far as controlling a single empire together, no this isn't possible. You would play separate empires but otherwise, all diplomatic options will be available as if in a singleplayer game. :)

Options to assign teams and diplomatic status at the start of a game would be nice. So you could add some ai or players to an alliance for multiplayer scenarios.

Hi. It seems only the host keeps the savegame so you can't continue the game if you joined. But if you joined a random online game it would be nice to keep a copy to continue playing. Makes no sense to play online with random players?
Typically you try to keep in contact with them and set up days to play that playthrough. It's not abandoned unless no effort is put in to keep it going.

Hi all,

Wondering if I could get a hand.
I've played an MP game with a mate with me hosting and had a great time teaching him.
Saved and logged off.
Two days later went to play again, via MP with me hosting the Saved Game and now he can't see his correct CIV!
I've found the same issue on forums back in 2016/2017.

I have Utopia, Apocalypse, Plantoids, Leviathans, Synthetic Dawn, Humanoids, Distant Stars.
He has none.

He can't see his Plant race CIV but I can. I assume it has something to do with the DLC's that he doesn't have.
Interesting thing is, if he loads in SP the game that he saved just before we quit the first session, he jumps in as the correct CIV.

In the MP Civ Select Screen, if he opens the CMD Console and hits "play 1" it tells him he is the correct empire but once selecting either OBSERVE or another empire, has no control over CIV 1, just the civ he selected.

Any Thoughts?

Cheers,
Mace